Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U13 End Game Boss: Rngesus

SchwettyBawls

Not switching, but going back to Planetside 2 for a while. Some of the new grinding has made me just a little mad. So a break is warranted, but after some time, I will be back with a vengeance for everything. 

There was no other way they could have released the stances but RNG, but they could have made them Uncommon Drops.

You mean to obtain Hydroid don't you? Would have been easy to get him like the other frames by clicking on the node and killing the boss 3 times. Do you realize it is the same thing with Nekros? Find Golem Coordinate > Build keys > be lucky you get 3 parts in 3 runs.

You guys always find something to complain, be grateful DE is giving us all this new content.

Stances... You can buy or trade them for other stances you don't need like I did.

Edited by CookingFood

My friend i don't understand what troubles you

What is bothering you about this new update?

Grinding is just a way for them to give you a goal towards

I see you've been playing for about 5 months. When I was at only 5 months into the game, I would've agreed. If you check my profile you can see that my 1 year anniversary on this account is in about 13 days, I'm a founder, and I'm about rank 13 with several multi-formaed items, so I'm certainly no stranger to the grind. 

My problem is that DE has stated multiple times in the last several livestreams and in the forums that they want to reduce the RNG element of the game but they continuously INCREASE it instead.

I feel like I'm in a relationship with someone who lies to me constantly and I keep coming back for more punishment. 

Edited by SchwettyBawls

You mean to obtain Hydroid don't you? Would have been easy to get him like the other frames by clicking on the node and killing the boss 3 times. Do you realize it is the same thing with Nekros? Find Golem Coordinate > Build keys > be lucky you get 3 parts in 3 runs.

You guys always find something to complain, be grateful DE is giving us all this new content.

Inititally the drop rates were horrible and it would have taken forever, but with the updates, Prospectors come aplenty, and drop a lot, so farming for Hydroid is no issue, 2-3 hrs of hard farming shall take care of him. As I said, i was more dissappointed with stance mods being rare. If the whole melee 2.0 is around stances and combos, why would you make people grind for them? It can take ages to get the good ones. I got lucky with transmute and made some smart trades to get some of the good ones (like 3), but I spend nearly 2.2 million creds on transmute (because I could) and a whole slew of rare and uncommon mods. It was completely unnecassary of them to make stance mods a rare drop. 

EDIT: Also what SweatyBalls above me said, for older players (like myself, though not a Founder), RNG is just getting a bit old.

Edited by FigsAndMice

My friend i don't understand what troubles you

What is bothering you about this new update?

Grinding is just a way for them to give you a goal towards

I think you may be confused slightly with enjoying a game and grinding it. I frankly don't mind how Lephantis was designed with only a single golem nav item to make the key for accessing the boss fight. And the need to craft the derelict keys to get the golem keys. The materials needed drop very frequently.

This update 13 ****show needs multiples of 4 components which only drop from a single spawn in a single mission in sounds of 1 (2 or 3 if you use nekros). This is before the insane rare drop rare of the delta beacon comes into play. Exactly how long do you want to prevent your player from accessing new content after months of hype?

If you increased the drop rate (you did increase the spawn rates of the prosecutors) that would help greatly but perhaps give equal drop rates for all 4 of the beacons. To balance that maybe change the blueprints for the triangulation key needing slightly more of each of the components like 5 of each.

Playing a mission while hoping to access new stuff continuously is just introducing burnout to the players. It seems almost as if DE wants the old players to burnout on stupid RNG walls and lure in new excited players who will buy plat.  

.... As I said, I was more dissappointed with stance mods being rare. If the whole melee 2.0 is around stances and combos, why would you make people grind for them? It can take ages to get the good ones. ...

EDIT: Also what SweatyBalls above me said, for older players (like myself, though not a Founder), RNG is just getting a bit old.

^^THIS is my biggest problem. The frame farming is annoying but as a collector and someone who has owned every frame after every update, it's not as big of a deal.

I'm tired of giving BJ's to RNGesus for what I want. 

(sorry for the paraphrase)

I see you've been playing for about 5 months. When I was at only 5 months into the game, I would've agreed. If you check my profile you can see that my 1 year anniversary on this account is in about 13 days, I'm a founder, and I'm about rank 13 with several multi-formaed items, so I'm certainly no stranger to the grind. 

My problem is that DE has stated multiple times in the last several livestreams and in the forums that they want to reduce the RNG element of the game but they continuously INCREASE it instead.

I feel like I'm in a relationship with someone who lies to me constantly and I keep coming back for more punishment. 

What they did to decrease it was to add several new features to the game such as melee 2.0! and also the endgame badlands, although people are still waiting to finish their pylo- Solar Rails to build, from that we are getting, well, i have no idea what to expect.

Also im rank 12 and also have multiple formaed weapons 

except for the goddam orthos prime which I CANNOT GET A BREAK WITH 

Been trying to get that mother since i started

EDIT:

Laughed my &#! off when you said "I'm tired of giving BJ's to RNGesus for what I want. "

Edited by DeathMavrik

Honestly I'm sceptical as to whether these are blunders or not on DEs behalf.

With the last few major updates, the new flashy stuff has been behind some kind of wall for a short period of time. And for those of us who need the new stuff NOW, it only has to be like that on release of the update to tempt us to buy with plat.

If I need remind you, valkyr and zephyr were event locked, but purchasable through plat. Vauban is alert or plat. Novas drops were broken before being fixed. Nekros and hydroid were trapped behind horrible grindy levels of RNG, before being fixed.

I understand that people make mistakes, but a pattern of "grind wall for a period, then remove" is certainly emerging.

What they did to decrease it was to add several new features to the game such as melee 2.0! and also the endgame badlands, although people are still waiting to finish their pylo- Solar Rails to build, from that we are getting, well, i have no idea what to expect.

EDIT:

Laughed my &#! off when you said "I'm tired of giving BJ's to RNGesus for what I want. "

EDIT:

Welcome to the club, rank 14, still no Despair even with countless Stalker encounters. It just maddens me when I see level 4s walking around with Despair. I mean good for them, but FUUUU.

EDIT:

I'm not sure of what you're trying to say but the introduction of Melee 2.0 ADDED tons more RNG issues. The mods needed are all RNG locked. 

Good luck with Orthos Prime, Glaive Prime was my hardest to get lol.

I'm glad you liked it.....sadly it's the truth and the reason my throat hurts every time I launch this game :(

With the last few major updates, the new flashy stuff has been behind some kind of wall for a short period of time. And for those of us who need the new stuff NOW, it only has to be like that on release of the update to tempt us to buy with plat.

If I need remind you, valkyr and zephyr were event locked, but purchasable through plat. Vauban is alert or plat. Novas drops were broken before being fixed. Nekros and hydroid were trapped behind horrible grindy levels of RNG, before being fixed.

I understand that people make mistakes, but a pattern of "grind wall for a period, then remove" is certainly emerging.

I climbed every one of those walls but I'm getting too old to keep climbing and honestly I'm tired of it. (inb4 "go play something else then")

I love this game. I wouldn't have given them the $200-ish dollars that I have in the last year if I didn't. I just wish they would stay true to their word and stop trying to milk people for even more money.

If it's a constantly reoccurring pattern, it is not a mistake!

edit: grammar

Edited by SchwettyBawls

Welcome to the club, rank 14, still no Despair even with countless Stalker encounters. It just maddens me when I see level 4s walking around with Despair. I mean good for them, but FUUUU.

I once knew that pain well brother finally got the despair when i was rank 11 then stalker just stopped showing up for me altogether 

I know those feels bro

as you see

I think you are very optimistic about the grind wall period and removal. The previous instances you mentioned were reasonable but this is getting slightly out of hand now and will probably get really bad in the future updates. Seeing as how bad the drop rate for any rares are in the game, it will put off a lot of people if they keep putting new content behind rng walls for rare acquisition.

If players don't say anthing now, you will eventually have a warframe where you need 4 rare components from a single spawn in a single mission that only drop like how rhino prime chassis rates are dropping. All DE is doing now is testing our limits and seeing how much profit they reap from something ridiculous like this. Which is to say spending plat on hydriod is a really bad move as you are just giving the devs indication that players will just spend more on inane new content.

I think you are very optimistic about the grind wall period and removal. The previous instances you mentioned were reasonable but this is getting slightly out of hand now and will probably get really bad in the future updates. Seeing as how bad the drop rate for any rares are in the game, it will put off a lot of people if they keep putting new content behind rng walls for rare acquisition.

If players don't say anthing now, you will eventually have a warframe where you need 4 rare components from a single spawn in a single mission that only drop like how rhino prime chassis rates are dropping. All DE is doing now is testing our limits and seeing how much profit they reap from something ridiculous like this. Which is to say spending plat on hydriod is a really bad move as you are just giving the devs indication that players will just spend more on inane new content.

You couldn't be more correct with your statement.

Things just keep getting progressively worse and it all feels like just a cash grab.

Source: Clan Tech weapons that takes 3 days to research and 1 day to craft OR can be bought for some plat.

If you ask me, one of their most blatant cash grabs was putting new clan tech up for plat purchase. Also, adding the new Nikanas for sale for the ridiculous price of 275 plat is insane. 

But oh! You want to craft it instead of buying it with plat?

Well sure thing, Little Johnny. All you have to do is spend some time grinding in the Void for a material that's not only rare, but expires in one day! And you need 4 of them total!

What's that, Little Johnny? You say you want to get a stance with that Nikana?

It's yours, Little Johnny! All you have to do is spend roughly 12 hours grinding for a rare stance that has a low chance of dropping from enemies that are only located in two places in the whole game!

Hmm? You say you want to buy it off the player market?

Anytime, Little Johnny. Just make sure you buy 150 plat from us AT LEAST in order to secure it. But just to be safe, you should definitely drop $15 in plat. For one. Lousy. Mod.

Come on, DE.

Not switching, but going back to Planetside 2 for a while. Some of the new grinding has made me just a little mad. So a break is warranted, but after some time, I will be back with a vengeance for everything. 

There was no other way they could have released the stances but RNG, but they could have made them Uncommon Drops.

that moment when I realize all possible good games are coming out in the summer, and all the games I have tried, and utterly failed all expectations still exist... Damn I see no other game better than Warframe... Even with the RNG stances...