Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Contagion Is Now A Extremely Viable Ability

Z3ROWOLFHD

You should try Warframe Builder.

Computers can make calculations for you if you learn to use them correctly (Hek, you could even have the results in a excel spreadsheet by youself), Mr. Not so Smart @$$.

Problem with the builder is it can't take the damage that contagion adds and combine it with your melee. So you still have to min/max your frame then min/max your melee separately and then combine them afterwards. Which isn't so bad. So good idea.

Edited by SteeleTheShow

It was always viable.

I've taken melee Saryn to 40 minutes in survival before M2.0

I was amazed at first, then i paused and noticed that like 30 miinutes in ur enemies were only around level 35... then i was like "OOOOOH" yeah... no offense, but literally anything will work on a 40 minute T2 survival, so long as you have everything at level 30 with a potato. The problem with saryn is her lack of crowd control without an ultimate, which could be ok if her molt wasnt so easily destroyed at higher levels. Add that to the fact that her contagion damage will never be on par damage or safety wise compared to just using a stealth frame. and i'm a legit saryn fan. Like she's my most used frame besides volt and excalibur. But contagion just aint worth it. No gap closer, no cc, and modding for contagion means you want damage and duration, which most saryn builds go for efficiency and range... which coincidentally, both give negative power and duration lol. 

keep in mind I speak from an endgame perspective. because literally anything will work before enemies hit level 50 or so.

Yeah but she still moves slow QQ

This.

As much as I love saryn and everything about her she's rather slow so unless you put some mods into helping her get around quicker or you go with dual ichors/zorens than she can be left behind everyone else. At the same time though it would also be dependent on what mission type you are doing and all that other stuff.

I was amazed at first, then i paused and noticed that like 30 miinutes in ur enemies were only around level 35... then i was like "OOOOOH" yeah... no offense, but literally anything will work on a 40 minute T2 survival, so long as you have everything at level 30 with a potato. The problem with saryn is her lack of crowd control without an ultimate, which could be ok if her molt wasnt so easily destroyed at higher levels. Add that to the fact that her contagion damage will never be on par damage or safety wise compared to just using a stealth frame. and i'm a legit saryn fan. Like she's my most used frame besides volt and excalibur. But contagion just aint worth it. No gap closer, no cc, and modding for contagion means you want damage and duration, which most saryn builds go for efficiency and range... which coincidentally, both give negative power and duration lol. 

keep in mind I speak from an endgame perspective. because literally anything will work before enemies hit level 50 or so.

Near the end the enemies got up around 50 or so which is a decent enough challenge. None of us were really using serious builds either.