Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Contagion Is Now A Extremely Viable Ability

Z3ROWOLFHD

We all know that ability, Contagion.

Casted by Saryn, ever since Melee 2.0, its been one of the best Melee abilities out there.

I was able to get mine to last 40~ seconds and with some strength mods, added with channeling, plus combo multiplier, this thing is INSANE.

One shots everywhere, regardless. I made an entire load-out around Contagion and I'm loving it for Melee only load-outs.

I've noticed it as well, turns out doubling a now-viably high melee damage can make it a bit more viable now.

Worth the cost? I'm still judging that.

@Iraistl, Melee 2.0 buffed melee weapons, to the point of hitting a bit harder than firearms. Back then, it was pretty hilariously pointless because melee was also hilariously pointless. Now that melee is viable, contagion is pretty nasty.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

What do you mean "now"?

It never really had a purpose since melee was so bad. Now that the melee damage is doubled by channeling and the damage alone is much higher than before, Contagion is much more effective. It is also useful when fighting the prosecutors in Ceres.

Worth the cost? I'm still judging that.

I agree. 75 energy for this ability seems pretty steep. However, if you hit at least 15 enemies during the duration of the ability then it costs the same amount as if you had simply used melee channel @ 5 energy per hit Edited by SteeleTheShow

I agree. 75 energy for this ability seems pretty steep. However, if you hit at least 15 enemies during the duration of the ability then it costs the same amount as if you had simply used melee channel @ 5 energy per hit

Can't you just max out Power Efficiency and spam it all you want?

To be a "pro" ou have to had tried all the frames. And kept the ones you like the most and have fun with.

No you have to be part of the Loki Master race nonsense. -.- The true pros own all the frames that everyone else wants buffed. :P

Can't you just max out Power Efficiency and spam it all you want?

I was just taking the baseline calculation. It gets too complicated when you add in corrupted mods, regular frame mods, channeling mods, channeling efficiency mods and so on and on on. I ain't got time fo dat.

I just thought of this and then found this thread. Definitely gonna try it out tonight, compare Dual Ichors to a Dakra Prime (don't have stance for polearms yet).

Valkyr, Rhino, Loki, Saryn would be a fun melee group. Steel Charge aura, Rejuvination on at least one, Crank up Rhino's Roar and Valkyr's Warcry. I suppose you could swap Loki out for Trin or something, but I don't think it's that necessary. A good Loki player (yours truly ;) ) will be invisible most of the time anyway, and at a 400% multiplier may end up topping out on damage done. 

It gets too complicated when you add in corrupted mods, regular frame mods, channeling mods, channeling efficiency mods and so on and on on. I ain't got time fo dat.

Time to think? Let's see: Intensify, Constitution, Streamline, Narrow-minded, Fleeting Expertise (just a few ranks), 1 slots for your choice of Redirection/Vitality or Vigor unless you sacrifice another ability to get an extra survival mod. Done. Took me 10 seconds. You must be a busy person. 

Time to think? Let's see: Intensify, Constitution, Streamline, Narrow-minded, Fleeting Expertise (just a few ranks), 1 slots for your choice of Redirection/Vitality or Vigor unless you sacrifice another ability to get an extra survival mod. Done. Took me 10 seconds. You must be a busy person. 

Cool. Now run the numbers for every permutation of Frame mods that affect power strength, power duration, power efficiency PLUS melee channeling and melee efficiency. Because that's what I was talking about. Smart @$$.

Cool. Now run the numbers for every permutation of Frame mods that affect power strength, power duration, power efficiency PLUS melee channeling and melee efficiency. Because that's what I was talking about. Smart @$$.

You should try http://warframe-builder.com/'>Warframe Builder.

Computers can make calculations for you if you learn to use them correctly (Hek, you could even have the results in a excel spreadsheet by youself), Mr. Not so Smart @$$.