Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Freeze Still Is A Waste Of 25 Energy

Vaskadar

Hell, I'd be satisfied if they added an alternate ult and called it Blizzard, but really, I don't know why Scott and company decided to increase the damage when they could have just made it an AOE projectile. It's a tad baffling, considering all the requests for it to freeze multiple targets.

For as much as I love Frost, it's very true that his 1 is a waste of time more often than not. Improving the snap freeze function would be nice, but I moreover want to see the ability just added to. Maybe improve the flight time some, maintain the snap freeze on anything hit directly, but give it blast effect function similar to Ember's first, and make it apply a cold proc in similar method. 2m radius blast or so is all it'd need. Would make me actually use it more frequently than Ice wave.

Turn it into a weapon buff instead. Frost damage for the weapon you are currently holding for x amounts of seconds. 

Ice Wave already does a much better job than Freeze ever will... Except it doesn't really freeze enemies, but... 

I've only ever had Freeze work well once, and it was against Zanuka during the Alad V fight. Kept it frozen while we took down the shields (and obviously it broke as soon as it started taking health damage).

Damaging abilities don't really offer any extra value to Frost's array of powers. I'd go so far as to say remove the damaging factor, remove the health break factor, and add an AOE snapfreeze to make it worthwhile. All of the other casters have the ability to affect multiple targets with their first power, and have far better utility for them.

• 1 month later...

frost has better defense than volt, what else you want? you want good defense and damage and has good attacking skill and hit scan like shock?

funny with that nerf and volts larger scale to his shield id rather have a volt place loads of shields round the place at least it is a timer not hp scaled like snowglobe still needs a buff

I don't even bother with it. I just use ice wave instead. In fact I think I have that slot formaed on both my frost and frost prime

I was actually considering depolarizing that particular slot so that I could rearrange them as I see fit.

Frost is a very tanky caster. He doesn't have the same weaknesses and vulnerability that other casters have. That you compare him to other caster frames while ignoring that means you're completely ignoring balance. Freeze should be like Shock? Snowglobe should be like Electric Shield? So you want him to have powers like a squishy caster but the resilience and armor of Rhino?

Balance is a thing you're ignoring.

Frost is a very tanky caster. He doesn't have the same weaknesses and vulnerability that other casters have. That you compare him to other caster frames while ignoring that means you're completely ignoring balance. Freeze should be like Shock? Snowglobe should be like Electric Shield? So you want him to have powers like a squishy caster but the resilience and armor of Rhino?

Balance is a thing you're ignoring.

Balance is subjective and no frost isn't really a caster. He really atm is supposed to stand behind 3 and shoot thats it. His other abilities do nothing and have barely any utility. If you see a frost what ability does frost use most....3. Case closed. 

Balance is an illusion

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

Here's why.

It doesn't have AOE freeze effect, or has a negligible radius that is so puny doesn't amount to anything more than a benign fart bubble -- which equates to no AOE.

Also: Why have you decided to keep the whole "Breaks on health damage immediately" mechanic? It really could do without the damage boost it received and just have a "Breaks on 25-50% health damage" property.

Doesn't need to deal all that much damage, that's not what Frost's focus should be. Doesn't need to be hitscan, just needs to freeze things in a blast radius comparable to a heavy's radial stomp.

I've been playing a bit of Magicka: Wizard Wars, and they use their default ice magic as a spray-like ability, maybe they can make it into that sort of form. It's an ability that you can hold down constantly, but drains energy as it goes. Or it can be an instant cast of 25 that sprays for a short amount of time, probably for about 2 seconds or slightly longer, maximum probably being 3.5 seconds. They wouldn't get frozen immediately, but rather progress to becoming frozen as you pressure the ability on to them. Damage wise: it shouldn't have too much, probably dealing below 30 at the most. And range should be semi-medium or slightly longer. Maybe the spray width can be 75 degrees or 90 degrees. I'm not really sure about it, but it can work.

Edited by ThatOnePerson

Balance is subjective and no frost isn't really a caster. He really atm is supposed to stand behind 3 and shoot thats it. His other abilities do nothing and have barely any utility. If you see a frost what ability does frost use most....3. Case closed. 

Balance is an illusion

Oh right, he's not a caster, it's just that his abilities are being compared to caster abilities. Of course! So not a caster, but should be able to use abilities on par with a caster. Right.

I love how balance is subjective whenever it doesn't work in your favor. I guess Freeze not being as effective as Shock is subjective, too. Right? Balance is subjective case closed. I'm sure you imagine that works well in place of an informed argument.

I don't mean to fan the flames, but the way Frost is built, any ability that isn't snow globe is a waste of energy because another frame does it better.  And I'm the type of player that monopolizes on frame abilities, as they are what defines each frame.

I don't mean to fan the flames, but the way Frost is built, any ability that isn't snow globe is a waste of energy because another frame does it better.  And I'm the type of player that monopolizes on frame abilities, as they are what defines each frame.

You're right in that there are plenty of frames that do what he does better, and are more mobile at the same time. Many consider Frost to be just a bubble factory, that's all they use him for, and it's a bit disgusting to see the other powers go unused.

You're right in that there are plenty of frames that do what he does better, and are more mobile at the same time. Many consider Frost to be just a bubble factory, that's all they use him for, and it's a bit disgusting to see the other powers go unused.

Oh he could probably use the change. But people are just asking for buffs buffs buffs and comparing Frost to casters to make him seem weaker than he is.

I think most of the abilities are okay. I would like to see Avalance given the CC it once had. This will make Frost players debate on what they want out of the frame, a weaker snowglobe, or a longer range CC ability.

I think the bigger problem is with Freeze. There is a problem when I use it to hit a boss like Vor or Jackal. It does freeze them, but instead of the 18 seconds the modded time should be, it lasted 6 or 7. Any use of Freeze after that only froze them for 2 seconds before they break out and shott you again. This is so weird and bothersome!