Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Is Not A Space Ninja Game] (Imo) Warframe Needs To Be Reworked

Jokyma

thats why i said if the devs want a fast paced game they cannot have stealth in it, they have to focus on one thing. because this game you can tank all the way and theres no need to play stealth anymore

thats why i said if the devs want a fast paced game they cannot have stealth in it, they have to focus on one thing. because this game you can tank all the way and theres no need to play stealth anymore

And? That's no reason they can't include stealth elements in their game for people who like that kind of thing.

Also it's possible to do fast paced stealth and fairly well.

To be a ninja is the same as a assasin you are the intelligence of the mission you are in, you try to avoid as much as possible to the mission you are given to, thats where stealth comes in. but what we are looking in warframe is a total diffrent thing, you hardly see players avoid enemies instead they just run to thier faces and shoot them. if warframe is supposed to be a ninja gaiden style then why would they support stealth to be in the game? if stealth is in the game theres no need to call it a fast paced game anymore since stealth takes away your time hiding and waiting for enemy to go to the right spot.

Agains you should read carefully this time and know whats ninja are !

NINJA ARENT WHAT YOUR MISCONCEPTION THINK THEY ARE OR WHATS YOU THINK THEY SHOULD BE!

NINJA ARE NINJA AND THOSE HAVE PROPER DEFINITION AND STYLE, YOU HAVENT CREATED THE NINJA WORD, THIS WORD HAVE A MEANING AND YOU SHOULD LEARN IT ASAP !

For your own eduction i will show you what ninja or shinobi have been in the past

"Shinobi" redirects here. For other uses, see Shinobi (disambiguation).

For other uses, see Ninja (disambiguation).

Drawing of the archetypical ninja, from a series of sketches (Hokusai manga) by Hokusai. Woodblock print on paper. Volume six, 1817.

A ninja (???) or shinobi (???) was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan who specialized in unorthodox warfare. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations.

(( OPEN COMBAT IN CETAIN SITUATIONS ))

Their covert methods of waging war contrasted the ninja with the samurai, who observed strict rules about honor and combat. The shinobi proper, a specially trained group of spies and mercenaries, appeared in the Sengoku or "warring states" period, in the 15th century, but antecedents may have existed in the 14th century, and possibly even in the 12th century (Heian or early Kamakura era).

In the unrest of the Sengoku period (15th–17th centuries), mercenaries and spies for hire became active in the Iga Province and the adjacent area around the village of Koga, and it is from their ninja clans that much of our knowledge of the ninja is drawn. Following the unification of Japan under the Tokugawa shogunate (17th century), the ninja faded into obscurity, being replaced by the Oniwabanshu body of secret agents.A number of shinobi manuals, often centered around Chinese military philosophy, were written in the 17th and 18th centuries, most notably the Bansenshukai (1676).

By the time of the Meiji Restoration (1868), the tradition of the shinobi had become a topic of popular imagination and mystery in Japan. Ninja figured prominently in folklore and legend, and as a result it is often difficult to separate historical fact from myth. Some legendary abilities purported to be in the province of ninja training include invisibility, walking on water, and control over the natural elements. As a consequence, their perception in western popular culture in the 20th century was based more on such legend and folklore than on the historical spies of the Sengoku period.

SO WARFRAME IS INDEED A NINJA GAME or a Ninja/Shinobi game , where you use different tactics to achive your goal whith different (( shinobi folklore )) Powers such as invisibility , levitation walking on walls and so on ....

Edited by Stew360

They did use elements in the game but did they say anything about charging towards enemies? im not denying that they are not using right elements and i did say that using thier technology to overcome the obstacles ahead of them. they learnt invisibility why? to hide. if they encourage people to play in single player stealth they would't make it a four player game where everyone can play stealth and so on to work as a team. all im saying is that the shield oneself can already tank the entire map imagine four maxed out redirections.

and why were the ninja trained in a cqb or techniques to take down one enemy with a single strike with caution when warframe you run as you don't give a S#&$ because you have so much shield to take it for you theres no real tactic in there. its all just plain running and slashing like i stated. and come on some reality please? why depend on your shield to charge when you can use your brain to think of ideas to run cover to cover and slash the enemy or shoot him. if warframe depends everything on the shield there will be no sense of danger at all already because everything is about your shield defending you and not using the advantages of the enviroment you are in why did the devs created wall run? its not just made mainly for you to run to a place quicker but they want you to use it as a advantage to dodge bullets and bring you closer to the enemy

warframe is unique in a way that they are "space ninjas" theres not a need for teamwork at all if everything is about tanking, if you die easier thats when you think of "tactics" to achieve your goal. there is no skill in this game if everything is about plain charging. the blocking in the game? useless why? because you already have your shield to protect you why block and waste stamina right? you see theres alot of potential in the game wasted because of you depend everything on your shield to do the work already.

To be a ninja is the same as a assasin you are the intelligence of the mission you are in, you try to avoid as much as possible to the mission you are given to, thats where stealth comes in. but what we are looking in warframe is a total diffrent thing, you hardly see players avoid enemies instead they just run to thier faces and shoot them. if warframe is supposed to be a ninja gaiden style then why would they support stealth to be in the game? if stealth is in the game theres no need to call it a fast paced game anymore since stealth takes away your time hiding and waiting for enemy to go to the right spot.

all things in balance jokyma, it is codename space ninjas, but the realistic translation is super-soldier w/ agility. I think that more special meelee kills and 'finess kills' should be incouraged, such as adding warframe spacific acrobatics at times, like, say, the rhino clawing up a wall further, or the mag suspending his slide->flip in midair to be able to aim slightly better while doing manuvers, and various alternatives to the one power-strike available to each weapon. Diversity is good, a battle suit intended to do what the rhino does makes sense, but one can't expect the idiots to take a stealthy and tactical approach to every level, but i would encourage them by making more problems for the overly cocky/hitpoint oriented or simpleton's playstyle.

More % damage on enemies weapons might disempower the super-high level peope from just walkinging through the low level bullets as if through fields of daisies.

Nuf said for three topics.

all things in balance jokyma, it is codename space ninjas, but the realistic translation is super-soldier w/ agility. I think that more special meelee kills and 'finess kills' should be incouraged, such as adding warframe spacific acrobatics at times, like, say, the rhino clawing up a wall further, or the mag suspending his slide->flip in midair to be able to aim slightly better while doing manuvers, and various alternatives to the one power-strike available to each weapon. Diversity is good, a battle suit intended to do what the rhino does makes sense, but one can't expect the idiots to take a stealthy and tactical approach to every level, but i would encourage them by making more problems for the overly cocky/hitpoint oriented or simpleton's playstyle.

More % damage on enemies weapons might disempower the super-high level peope from just walkinging through the low level bullets as if through fields of daisies.

Nuf said for three topics.

its not balanced think about the maxed out shields and vitality, you can tank your way through its too easy already and comeone update 7.6? even more shields and health. yes rhino suits might be meant for tanking but i disagree with it being too much of a tanker of having a few K of shields there is no challenge in the game already when you know that you won't die you get what i mean?

vents/andor more nsneakiness in the room sections would be excellent. I'd like to see an ability to entirely sneak past a place, and not need to just go ramboing through it. (disabling the controll panels would be a nice addition too, so the enemy could try but fail to alert security.)

vents/andor more nsneakiness in the room sections would be excellent. I'd like to see an ability to entirely sneak past a place, and not need to just go ramboing through it. (disabling the controll panels would be a nice addition too, so the enemy could try but fail to alert security.)

i like that idea you can come join us as we are now discussing about the game

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/21425-health-and-hp-needs-balancing-after-the-last-hotfix/page__st__40#entry190592

• 3 months later...

We all simply aren't ninjas. I can agree with that.
Some of the Frames, namely Ash, embody it better, but I am bright Pink Rhino with a Grakata, Dual Bronco, and Warhammer.

We have potential to have all warrior cultures, both medieval and modern, embodied in the Frames.

But what I find funniest is that when a thread like this is made, it's called a troll thread. When a thread like "We need more ninja things, less guns, more stealth, and the character to use bankais" it gets met as a bad suggestion, but a real thread nonetheless. And before you go "Well look at the way it's worded, it's clearly a troll", those "need more ninja" threads are worded in the exact same way.

We all simply aren't ninjas. I can agree with that.

Some of the Frames, namely Ash, embody it better, but I am bright Pink Rhino with a Grakata, Dual Bronco, and Warhammer.

We have potential to have all warrior cultures, both medieval and modern, embodied in the Frames.

But what I find funniest is that when a thread like this is made, it's called a troll thread. When a thread like "We need more ninja things, less guns, more stealth, and the character to use bankais" it gets met as a bad suggestion, but a real thread nonetheless. And before you go "Well look at the way it's worded, it's clearly a troll", those "need more ninja" threads are worded in the exact same way.

this is a necro thread why are you responding even further DX

you aren't getting the idead are you? ninjas not rambo. do you even know what a ninja is?

The irony...

1: Rambo actually uses a lot of stealth attacks, silent weapons like knives and bows and guerrilla tactics also commonly used by ninja.

2: Ninja mentality is not stuck in the use of certain weapons, as their battlefield tactics were open to change to fit whatever was most effective.

3: Ninja in popular culture embody both the realistic side and the fantastical side.

4: DE is applying the word "ninja" to warframe in the most sensationalized pop culture sense...and once you put "space" in front of it one must expect it to diverge a bit from what we might normally expect