Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turbulence Zephyr Is The Best Melee Build?

es.iiden

A melee build utilizing Zephyr's Turbulence ability is pretty solid, not only can you remain fairly untouched while you are focusing on Melee, it completely stops everything from even coming towards you save point-blank shots. The only problem is energy management  and fitting all the mods to give her enough protection but to not make her so frail.

Im still doing some tests on finding the right balance between energy usage and duration so ill probably post a final build when i complete this or if anyone has any ideas on how to work this out well.

As for weapons a decently fast weapons like a scythe or the polearms, specifically orthos prime make an awesome combo.

Tbh I'd rather use Iron Skin.

Zephyr can't handle those Napalm shots.

I figured someone would say something about Rhino's Iron skin, which is overpowered to the max so I wont bother to discuss it but Zephyr offers a different approach and also looks cooler. 

personally i prefer turbulence to Iron Skin because it redirects shots, from all directions. Iron skin simply prevents you from taking damage, then your shield is gone, then you have to recast it in the midst of fight. It also completely makes Laser shots and AOE weapons moot, also works on explosive projectiles to a degree.

but then again this is preference, would rather not get hit than get hit if you ask me lol.

iron skin is bad for melee at high levels becouse it simply doesn't last enough there turbolence works ok but i'd i'd go with trinity over zephyr any day becouse link+blessing, you could go with volt too if you feel brave enough tho, with speed is pretty fun.

I figured someone would say something about Rhino's Iron skin, which is overpowered to the max so I wont bother to discuss it but Zephyr offers a different approach and also looks cooler. 

personally i prefer turbulence to Iron Skin because it redirects shots, from all directions. Iron skin simply prevents you from taking damage, then your shield is gone, then you have to recast it in the midst of fight. It also completely makes Laser shots and AOE weapons moot, also works on explosive projectiles to a degree.

but then again this is preference, would rather not get hit than get hit if you ask me lol.

Having tried turbulence myself, I'd say it puts far too much into chance.

Since it only redirects incoming projectiles, and in practically any direction, those stray rockets and napalm shots are going to be redirected at your foot and then you dead son.

see im trying to d it WITHOUT being broken or extremely overpowered. turbulence doesnt grant immortality.

So what you're saying is that you are declaring your build as "best" and dismissing anything better as "broken and overpowered?"

For the record, best melee build is:

Perma-stealth loki master race

Edited by GeneralArmchair

see im trying to d it WITHOUT being broken or extremely overpowered. turbulence doesnt grant immortality.

Rendering almost every ranged thing in the game useless to you is not broken?

All you have to do is slot duration and you are set. I have a build with turbulence + retribution, pretty much renders Zephyr untouchable. I fail to see how this is not broken.

Also, Trinity's Link is quite fun to use with melee. If you do take damage, it gets reduced and reflected back to them. Very troll with blocking.

Edited by Racercowboy

Best melee build would still be Trinity. What beats no damage from bullets ? NO DAMAGE FROM ANYTHING!

BECOME A GOD, NEVER DIE, TURN THE PAIN INTO POWER. 

No but really there are better options for melee focused setups.

Try a Warcry Valkyr with Rage and Life Strike, you will regen health faster then you lose.

Or a Ash / Loki / Excalibur for the delish 4x melee damage.

A speed focused volt makes it easy to rank up the combo counter.