Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fight Against Eclipse, Fight For Freedom!

Lyvshalker

Easiest post to make a comment on.  So they put their rail up first.  That is why they should be taken down?  They didn't lock anyone out, they just built at the same rate and put them up as quick as they could.  Look at the way dark sectors work.  You don't have to have a rail up unless you want to pull taxes.  They are up for free on several locations.   You technically can't beat them out and really don't have a reason to.  You can still go to the missions and do whatever you like there.

This post technically opens up a totally different issue on the forums.  They called eclipse out for something that Eclipse isn't doing, do we get to call this opposition at sinai out for regularly increasing the battle pay to get people to start the mission and then cutting the battle pay off so that no one gets payed.  It's kind of good that they did it because now de has an idea that they might have to put some limitations on how often the battle pay and tax rates can be changed.  It is kind of bad because it shows that the alliance opposing eclipse might be unreliable and even though they say they will have free taxes, they constantly change the battle pay and probably won't hold with their free tax statement.

As for eclipse keeping up free taxes.  I trust them a lot more right now.  It was free for a whole day.  Now they have something to spend credits on.  I imagine that they will try to maintain free, but I would stick with them even if they go up to 5%.  Higher then that and I would consider opposition that would come in lower then them.

Most important though is that the rail system and conflicts really don't do much for me so I probably won't be around other then to comment on the same old internet behavior that most people could easily see coming.  The only thing that surprised me so far was how many rails went up with 0% tax.

The Eclipse will have greater control over the tax rates of dark sectors as they own more rail. If someday they decide to change the tax rate to, let's say 35%, even for one day, it will be a huge profit for them. Because even with considerably lower credit and resource reward, dark sectors still offers decent experience and mods, and people will still farm them. The taxes will be able to help them repair rails, set up bounties and keep high-end clan in their alliances. So it will be more difficult to take down their rails once they have strong footholds across the universe

Edited by Lyvshalker

DE won't allow any one clan or alliance to become the hegemon in the system.

I would really love to believe this.

But I see it as quite a potential outcome that one or a small group of alliances will lock down the Dark Sectors, slowly fighting each other with no room for any other to break in.

If all these clans had just left the solar rails alone, we'd all be playing dark sectors today. All the people who currently own dark sectors are being pretty fair about it, so  i don't see a reason to fight for people who took away my ability to play dark sectors. I'm backing all the incumbents.

Edited by Zeromanicus

The Eclipse will have greater control over the tax rates of dark sectors as they own more rail. If someday they decide to change the tax rate to, let's say 35%, even for one day, it will be a huge profit for them. Because even with considerably lower credit and resource reward, dark sectors still offers decent experience and mods, and people will still farm them. The taxes will be able to help them repair rails, set up bounties and keep high-end clan in their alliances. So it will be more difficult to take down their rails once they have strong footholds across the universe

You might be right.  They could try for a huge increase one day.  Why would you come to the conclusion that they will?  They only put up four rails.  They didn't contest any rails elsewhere when they got the chance.  They didn't try to lock out a lot of important locations.  They don't have a strategic or necessary footing anywhere truly.  They just wanted a few of the rails.  To think that they will suddenly decide to try and crush all players under their iron fist is a bit of a surprise.

We have learned a few things that we probably should have known before hand.

We now know that battle pay is set at a limit for a number of battles.  We don't know what the lower limit is, but it certainly seems like some clans and alliances set the battle amount very low so that very few people got the pay while lots of people did start the mission.  Because people were not told how this works, a couple clans and alliances have to fight off a slightly unearned bad reputation.

It also seems that while the first established rail can set their proposed tax before fully built, challengers possibly can't set it and thus always look like they are coming in after people trying to win over support for a much higher tax rate.  Either DE somehow expected every rail to go up with 50% taxes or they just didn't work on this detail very well.

A few things have to be clarified and other things have to be confirmed, but roughly, we might still be able to say that Eclipse is not trying to take advantage yet and their detractors only have a wild guess as to what they might do in the future.  It is easier to see what has happened and what is happening now then trying to say that someone is going to do something stupid in the future.  Currently Eclipse ran their rail for free and was not trying to possess everything.  Seems like someone I am willing to support even if they need some taxes soon.

Like the comments that were often said when it comes to reading upcoming changes that suck, wait and see before you complain.

Also, as far as one alliance trying to get all the dark sector rails running.  It's possible, but at any time an opposing rail can be started and then they won't have the monopoly anymore, and if they are running it to their advantage those challengers will get the support to replace those rails.  It isn't DE that will stop any clan or alliance from becoming a monopoly.  The players will stop it from happening.

lisen tenno all this is GREEED!!! all the rails were free and happy, but then the envy clans that are the REAL nocive ones that want to charge us, ignore theyr claims of free rails if they where truth why bolther in sending a rail to a 0%tax zone really? the dark sectors got locked down due this greed tenno brothers, in fact if you have a rail built, just save it till one clan raises a tax then deploy it, i mean there was no point watsoever to attack 0% tax rails while they stood at 0%tax what i see is you fools now GAVE A LEGIT REASON to all those free rails to charge us due "war founding" and repairments... good job people, good job, this shows us in true core

- ps: is there a pony aliance/clan really?!

Edited by Max_silverfox1982

Sadly, I have what is probably the worst outlook...

I don't care...

Once the Rails are in conflict, the goodies that I would be interested in looking toward get shut down.

Everything that drops in the Sectors is RNG and not worth my energy.

In short, I need a better reason to go there.

I need to not like the Alliance getting attacked.

All this propaganda does assert 3 things clearly, to me, though.

You need to be known by your affiliations now.

Clan and Alliances affiliation of each player should be plainly available to everyone both on the Forums and In-game. I should be able to see it next to your name unless I don't care to have that information. 

If Player X is a complete jackhole in-game and represents Clan W and YZ Alliance, then I want to know that.

It colors my actions in regard to who I'll support or help attack.

A specific Forum needs to be built for Dark Sector related concerns, drama, etc.

'nuff said there...

The Alliance controlling the Rail needs to be able to apply a buff or two (at their expense) not included in the current Dark Sector buff list.

That buff should have to be acquired each time and should be expensive for the Alliance to maintain.

Something like this will differentiate these Alliances from each other with deed not action.

Death and Taxes are a certainty... Expecting no taxes "forever" ain't gonna happen.

If you are a nice Alliance that charges a tribute but won't incentivise the players to travel your rail, I want to know.

If you are an arrogant Alliance that charges a tribute but greatly incentivises players to travel your rail, I want to know that too.

I think many are thinking these Rails are some sort of power or privilege, and they are only half right.... They should also be a huge burden and responsibility to undertake and maintain. 

I fight for Eclipse only because Lord Of the East want to instaure 0% clan taxe, wich is a bad idea

If Eclipse dont set a taxe, i will fight against you the next time !

So... you're shooting yourself in the foot why exactly?

You might be right.  They could try for a huge increase one day.  Why would you come to the conclusion that they will?  They only put up four rails.  They didn't contest any rails elsewhere when they got the chance.  They didn't try to lock out a lot of important locations.  They don't have a strategic or necessary footing anywhere truly.  They just wanted a few of the rails.  To think that they will suddenly decide to try and crush all players under their iron fist is a bit of a surprise.

We have learned a few things that we probably should have known before hand.

We now know that battle pay is set at a limit for a number of battles.  We don't know what the lower limit is, but it certainly seems like some clans and alliances set the battle amount very low so that very few people got the pay while lots of people did start the mission.  Because people were not told how this works, a couple clans and alliances have to fight off a slightly unearned bad reputation.

It also seems that while the first established rail can set their proposed tax before fully built, challengers possibly can't set it and thus always look like they are coming in after people trying to win over support for a much higher tax rate.  Either DE somehow expected every rail to go up with 50% taxes or they just didn't work on this detail very well.

A few things have to be clarified and other things have to be confirmed, but roughly, we might still be able to say that Eclipse is not trying to take advantage yet and their detractors only have a wild guess as to what they might do in the future.  It is easier to see what has happened and what is happening now then trying to say that someone is going to do something stupid in the future.  Currently Eclipse ran their rail for free and was not trying to possess everything.  Seems like someone I am willing to support even if they need some taxes soon.

Like the comments that were often said when it comes to reading upcoming changes that suck, wait and see before you complain.

Also, as far as one alliance trying to get all the dark sector rails running.  It's possible, but at any time an opposing rail can be started and then they won't have the monopoly anymore, and if they are running it to their advantage those challengers will get the support to replace those rails.  It isn't DE that will stop any clan or alliance from becoming a monopoly.  The players will stop it from happening.

Each dark sector has different value. Even if they do not get most of the sectors. They can dominate all that has the best pay(exps,credits,resources, like the ones with 40% bonus) and apply some taxes which make those sectors a little bit better than the lower tiers without taxes. This way if you want the best outcome, you have to go to their place and pay them your hard earned reward.

I really don't think it'll be possible to maintain a majority of the rails. sure, Eclipse has a few now, they were pretty quick and organized with the deployment

but honestly, I don't understand the 0% tax thing. I'm really not doing those missions for the credits, or the nano spores, so I could care less if a clan imposes some taxes to maintain a rail. I really hope this 0% tax fad runs its course. remember guys, communism doesn't work, it can't be free for everyone. as someone said (sorry I didn't go back to grab the quote), eventually the rails will find a minimum tax rate such that they can maintain the rails as well as leave players with the most credits/resources they can

I play the dark sectors for the affinity bonuses, plus they also have innate resource boosts. if an alliance takes some of those boosted resources back, that's alright, you're still coming off with more (unless they hike up resource tax to like 40%. which would be ridiculous) than if you just ran a normal mission

and Eclipse doesn't hold some of my favorite rails. survivals on earth, europa, and ceres. melee affinity bonus ftw!

I kinda just want to see this first major conflict end, to see what happens to the rails. hopefully another alliance can't just deploy the rail immediately. there should be a refractory period where the rail can be repaired and player can enjoy the dark sector. really hoping that's the case

sorry Lords of the East, but I will not be fighting on your side

I really don't think it'll be possible to maintain a majority of the rails. sure, Eclipse has a few now, they were pretty quick and organized with the deployment

but honestly, I don't understand the 0% tax thing. I'm really not doing those missions for the credits, or the nano spores, so I could care less if a clan imposes some taxes to maintain a rail. I really hope this 0% tax fad runs its course. remember guys, communism doesn't work, it can't be free for everyone. as someone said (sorry I didn't go back to grab the quote), eventually the rails will find a minimum tax rate such that they can maintain the rails as well as leave players with the most credits/resources they can

I play the dark sectors for the affinity bonuses, plus they also have innate resource boosts. if an alliance takes some of those boosted resources back, that's alright, you're still coming off with more (unless they hike up resource tax to like 40%. which would be ridiculous) than if you just ran a normal mission

and Eclipse doesn't hold some of my favorite rails. survivals on earth, europa, and ceres. melee affinity bonus ftw!

I kinda just want to see this first major conflict end, to see what happens to the rails. hopefully another alliance can't just deploy the rail immediately. there should be a refractory period where the rail can be repaired and player can enjoy the dark sector. really hoping that's the case

Understandable, but know that an alliance as hardcore as Eclipse won't be using their resources to do charity. One day they will go against others. And the fight will be a lot harder that day.

Edited by Lyvshalker

sxelj7.jpg

TENNO: Do Not Beleive the Hype...Bob Barker WILL attack your rails!

Bob-Barker.gif

Be Careful of the amount of Bob Barkers you trust in the solar system!

Some of them sucker punch you with High Taxes!

REMEMBER! NOT ALL PRICES ARE RIGHT!

Don't be a victim of Evil Sith Lord Bob Barker(s)!

2i7sy0.jpg

I wonder how long they'll be able to keep that up though. From what I've heard, maintaining solar rails is incredibly costly. The taxes exist so that alliances/clans can make resources that they'll need to maintain the rails.

I mean, why are there taxes imposed by one's own government?

Maybe some form of strategy? After recruiting almost half the galaxy they'll start their tax tyranny? I'm speculating.

Edited by (PS4)truelight4u