Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soooo...compensation?

Sanillo

That's basically what I've been wondering, but wouldn't dare to ask:

Think this might be some act of massive butthurt because we won the MMobomb F2p Showdown?

i can see that possible , it kinda does make sense if you think of it that way , either that or something tweeted DerpTrolling on tiwtter or on their forums to DDoS warframe 

but they have not been active for a while now unless some other has taken it upon them self's to do it for them.. but i dunno its a possibility

DE.  There must be a better way to have Gamer Server here<------------------ and

Forum server here ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I don't know the logistics of the situation but my common sense tells me this isn't good long term.......because our personal information is linked......not talking about my credit card info im talkin about my plat 

DE PLS NOT MY PLAT ;_;

You won't lose personal info to a DDOS. It just means they're getting billions of pings right now, overflowing the system. It's a high visibility threat, but almost completely non-existent as a security concern.

They can't give compensation. This is a DDOS attack. If they give out freebies every time someone DDOS attacks them, there will be no end to the DDOS attacks.

THINK ABOUT IT.

^

This.

It's contra productive to give out compensation for an error they aren't responisble for.

I do not think anything  ,after a problem has not been authorized already 24 hours they should put a warning or stop servers to remove problem.

No way i to know if their work  normal or still a problem.

If you're a psychic , I and most people who have managed to log in to play over the minutes are not.

funny after the first issue i instantly googled as you pretty much always do and found instantly the following 2 things.

1) http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/warframe.com.html

2) https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe

3) fistloads of forum posts (when the forums intermittantly came back up)

took all of a few seconds to get 2+2=4 without needing a crystal ball or mystical powers.

Edited by Methanoid

People should take a day off from warframe and do something else while they work on the server's for god sake .-.

Maybe people today had plans to play warframe...maybe a day off at work...and then they try to play and...nothing! Not saying that its anyones fault..

ok, seriousness aside. do you know how many people mabinogi has left? i came from there. at best theres 3000 players TOTAL on all 4 servers.   not 12000.   3000.

and serious time.

we KNEW this connection thing was coming. its happened before and its happened now.

its causes every time theres a new update!

people get so excited. they get on in the hundreds, and the servers struggle under the increased numbers

DE fixes it as best they can and in time things calm down as the server gets used to the increased ammount of people.

and they run smoothly.

there will be no compensation.

this is a game in beta, bugs happen

except this was not alot of players logging onto their servers , ever since they upgrade there servers back when OBT just launched or so its been fine ever since if you look at steams stats on the peak played on warframes its not even half of what it used to be , the all time highest record for warframe one steam was around 47k players

DE has created a thread saying it was a DDoS attack

Previous year, I remember that everybody received free platinum just because DE did a mistake. I was glad for it, I used it to buy slots.

So accept it if you don't, let me tell you this: You pay for the internet to work for 1 month but it won't work at all because of problems then next month you will have to pay again but it won't work, so what other choice do you have? Its the same thing with games, why would you pay for something that you can't access because of a problem?

Make any excuses you want, this is pure greed. I don't think compensation is needed.

In fact I'm pretty sure compensation would only put a stop to this little fit you are having, it would not make you see them in a better light nor would it solve any problems with the servers. Instead of them working on giving compensation out to players they should instead focus on solving a lot of the problems with the game.

DE.  There must be a better way to have Gamer Server here<------------------ and

Forum server here ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I don't know the logistics of the situation but my common sense tells me this isn't good long term.......because our personal information is linked......not talking about my credit card info im talkin about my plat 

DE PLS NOT MY PLAT ;_;

a DDoS attack is not really a security thread , its more or less someone flooding billions of packets to their domain name server , witch in turn is on the same server as the game server..

so there's no need to worry about this

Edited by DiBBz

funny after the first issue i instantly googled as you pretty much always do and found instantly the following 2 things.

1) http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/warframe.com.html

2) https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe

3) fistloads of forum posts (when the forums intermittantly came back up)

took all of a few seconds to get 2+2=4 without needing a crystal ball or mystical powers.

Ahaha troll , this write 34min ago... , when i already knew that there is a problem

And I do not care for "compensation" i wish elementary awareness I do not waste my time
Edited by bylXaKoCMaTa

There was supposedly freezing rain early this morning in the Toronto area; not sure what the situation is like in London, Ontario, but if the weather here was any indication, things could be pretty messy there.

Of course, that doesn't explain what happened the past few days either, but stuff's crazy nowadays.

There was supposedly freezing rain early this morning in the Toronto area; not sure what the situation is like in London, Ontario, but if the weather here was any indication, things could be pretty messy there.

Of course, that doesn't explain what happened the past few days either, but stuff's crazy nowadays.

Bad weather can't cause a DDOS attack...... can it?

I think it's a bit greedy demand that they to apologize (ESPECIALLY through potatoes or Plat) for something that's so damn minor as a simple server issue. They're working to fix it, and technical errors will happen from time to time.

It's a game, not 
a vital part of your life. If you're so obsessed that you can't break away from it even when it's not working you need to get some help (besides, it's a F2P game, it's not like server downtime is coming out of your wallet because you have to pay a subscription fee).

And for you affinity/credit booster people: I'm sure if you send a support ticket once this is all said and done they will rollback the timer on your booster(s).

The servers were down for like, what? 3 hours?

And you play games for fun. These survival missions you were kicked out of weren't a waste of time. If you enjoy this game like you should, then you still had fun doing the actual fighting. Yeah it kind of sucks you didn't get your resources or whatever. But you had fun playing.

And if you dont have fun with this game, you should probably stop playing.

Edited by ShadowCore67

Ahaha troll , this write 34min ago... , when i already knew that there is a problem

And I do not care for "compensation" i wish elementary awareness I do not waste my time

they first mentioned issues/problems on their twitter feed 22 hours ago.