Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ddos Attack & User Security

Takai

Do you know what a DDOS attack is? if u know u would also knew that its like brute force attack, it just sends a huge amount of traffic to the server to make it slow or crash... how would information be compromised? it's not an infiltration.

i doubt it but i hope they should beable to monitor the IP addres and just block them ... i dont know much about them but it not hacking ... it more like botting like milling ppl loggin and keep increase to billion and it make the server heavy load... i think probally a test from some hacking school.

Just to be safe, change your password. If you're wondering "Should I change my password cause of (insert reason here)?" be safe and just go with yes. Always. Hacking can hit in any way, shape or form, no matter what you think you know.

I recommend heading over to norton and getting one of their randomized 32-letter passwords.

Edited by -Vash-

I hate it when people think it's funny to mock a person based on their knowledge on "hacking" It's not exactly something to be proud of.

You realize hacking is an actual profession right? White hat hackers are hired all the time to test security software and sometimes even hardware. Stuff like ATMs, safes, and security systems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hat_(computer_security)

Edited by Ionus

Do you know what a DDOS attack is? if u know u would also knew that its like brute force attack, it just sends a huge amount of traffic to the server to make it slow or crash... how would information be compromised? it's not an infiltration.

He obviously not , why would he ask else? Bruteforce itsnt that something to crack password ? I don't see why this is related to DDOS...

Just to be safe, change your password. If you're wondering "Should I change my password cause of (insert reason here)?" be safe and just go with yes. Always. Hacking can hit in any shape or form, no matter what you think you know.

I recommend heading over to norton and getting one of their randomized 32-letter passwords.

Excuse me but , this is DDOS , no hacking or stealing information also recommanding norton... he can get online randomizer(even last pass can do that)

I hate it when people think it's funny to mock a person based on their knowledge on "hacking" It's not exactly something to be proud of.

Agreed , but still good to know those kind of stuff or know how to get some quick definition of stuff happening

i doubt it but i hope they should beable to monitor the IP addres and just block them ... i dont know much about them but it not hacking ... it more like botting like milling ppl loggin and keep increase to billion and it make the server heavy load... i think probally a test from some hacking school.

Smart people that do this use proxy's to send info to different servers before going to the one you want

You realize hacking is an actual profession right? White hat hackers are hired all the time to test security software and sometimes even hardware. Stuff like ATMs, safes, and security systems.

It doesn't matter, if someone doesn't know, who cares. Why post a response in that manner. Hacking isn't common knowledge. The term ddos isn't common knowledge either. It's pointless to respond like that

Excuse me but , this is DDOS , no hacking or stealing information also recommanding norton... he can get online randomizer(even last pass can do that)

How do you know? Are you a hacking genius? The program itself isn't what I use, just the randomizer. It was a suggestion. I recommended norton because I've used it multiple times in the past. If you were a little more aware of how far hacking has come in the recent years, you'd realize that anything is possible when it comes to this crap.

Hey sorry I was just concerned.

I have seen in other games that a DDOS is typically a distraction method while something serious is compromised in the background. Still changing, going to change PW, couldn't hurt

Edited by Takai

Smart people that do this use proxy's to send info to different servers before going to the one you want

DDos's flood the server with bad traffic. A lot of sites have a clean pipe system that filters traffic before it connects, and rejects the shady ones. Even vpns and proxies can have their traffic filtered until it's narrowed down to the actual IP. Just takes awhile, sometimes.

Oh here again with the high horse lecture, get down off your podium. I know the difference between them. I just hate it when people think they have a right to look down on people for something they don't know. That goes with everything.

Ignorance is fine, provided you correct it when the opportunity presents itself. However, the degree of willful ignorance one must possess to think their could ever be some sort of 'forbidden knowledge', something that could ever be embarrassing to know, as your post seems to imply, is never a virtue.

Bruteforce itsnt that something to crack password ?

Brute force is dependent on context. A DDoS attack that relies on overwhelming amounts of bandwidth could certainly be said to be an example of brute force. It's not a brute force cryptography attack, however.

Edited by Saenol

Ignorance is fine, provided you correct it when the opportunity presents itself. However, the degree of willful ignorance one must possess to think their could ever be some sort of 'forbidden knowledge', something that could ever be embarrassing to know, as your post seems to imply, is never a virtue.

Brute force is dependent on context. A DDoS attack that relies on overwhelming amounts of bandwidth could certainly be said to be an example of brute force. It's not a brute force cryptography attack, however.

You can tell somebody they're wrong, without mocking their ignorance. I have no issue with somebody correcting anybody, just in how it is put. Which can come across as rude and humiliating.

Edited by Sutherland

Not knowing about hacking, is not ignorance. You like to play with words, yeah?

I was able to get on and it will not update accounts so if you manage to log in, don't expect your rewards to be saved. 

why would you even try that KNOWING THE SERVER IS FAILING.

He obviously not , why would he ask else? Bruteforce itsnt that something to crack password ? I don't see why this is related to DDOS...

bruteforce is a method that relies on making the highest possible number of attempts following a pattern to try to get access.

randomize the pattern and use multiple request senders and you get a DDOS.

apart from the fact that your intent is not gaining entry but blocking the service (and well it doesn't need to be log in requests but they can be) is the same process.

i don't see how you don't see the relation.

Edit: i think the game does not limit the number of tries you make to log in, so this DDOS may very well be a Bruteforce attempt 

Edited by Edgedemon