Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"but Let Me Ask You This?!"

SupaFly.

...another smart &#!, thinking he knows it al :S

The NIKANA is not a ninja sword! Google it if you have the compitence for it! A curved blade is a Samurai sword, for greater slash capabilities through soft tissue and objects, wheres a Ninja sword is a straight blade for puncture purposes for stealth and tactical kills where they would pirce a heart or skull. Quick silent kills... smart &#! -.-

Dude if you wanna yap your mouth just to have it moving, i got an object for ya! XD

i dont really ninjas have a specfic sword. they will use anything.

There is no such thing as a ninjato.

Nikana is more of a samurai sword than a ninja sword. A ninja sword would be more like a ninjato / ninjaken / shinobigatana

>>>if you wanted to go by movie / pop culture portrayal.<<<

English comprehension. Get some.

The way a Nikana is used wouldn't be very practical for ninjas, the Skana is more of a "ninja sword" because ninjas didn't sit around all day trying to be unreasonably disciplined in their fighting craft; they were more like mercenaries and typically not from nobility.

Edited by Bakim0n0

English comprehension. Get some.

The way a Nikana is used wouldn't be very practical for ninjas, the Skana is more of a "ninja sword" because ninjas didn't sit around all day trying to be unreasonably disciplined in their fighting craft; they were more like mercenaries and typically not from nobility.

My apologies, I think we are on the same side of the argument here, everything we do is more about fantasy ninjas, magic powers and unreasonably large weapons (Ninja Scroll anyone?). It's just hard to suppress the reflex whenever I see the "Katana vs Ninjato" thing come up.