Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"but Let Me Ask You This?!"

SupaFly.

"But let me ask you this?!"

Why the hell is it still not possible to interact with Player Names in chat ?

- Click on player name for options, such as Join, Invite, Add Friend etc. WITHOUT having to /w to open a Private chat.

- Some Player names are to messed up to type out, in order to initiate a conversation.

- Need a new Font, where I (i) and l (L) are not the same god damned characters!

Why the hell is there still not an efficient Trading System in the game ?

- Go to Player Market, List item, Search for item, Filter Items, Buy Items!

Why the hell is there still not a Hosting System in the game ?

- Go to Host a Game, Search for desired game mode to play, filter game modes to play, list yourself in a queue for a mission, host a Tower mission, if space available join the desired mission, host with desired (but not neccessary) requirements such as Warframes, Mastery Ranks etc, short message for mission.

Why the hell is there still not a REAL Ninja sword in the game ?

- Space Ninja is the motto, rocks Samurai swords, Great swords, Whips, Schytes ??? But not any ACTUAL Ninja swords?!

Why the hell is there a PIRATE in a Ninjas based game ?

- Is HYDROID lost ? Poor Space Pirate got taken in by the Ninja Tennos ? Give him at least a ROM Keg to wear on his hip and a metal leg to keep with the theme. Being a Dawy Jones look-a-like (Pirates of the Caribbean) He's out of his place posing as a Ninja! What were they thinking ?

- Why not stick to the motto, with a little deviations either side, to make it fun and interesting! But not sail the 7 seas thousends of miles away from the motto!?

Why the hell is every map the same with different shades to it, on every single Planet ?

- Would it have been too hard to make a systematic relevent story filled progression on a Planet?

Take Earth for example, first map start off with a small forest area (Reconisence, scanning stuff) but having to move forward to get further into the story of Earth. Second map, out of the forest an Artifact dig site discovered by the Grineer (Defense), third map Grineer Incampment (Survival) and so on and so forth, untill the BOSS (Extermination) of the Planet is reached!

For planets with many maps, smaller bosses like Lieutenent, Evil scientists, Grineer with names, having to be tracked and Exterminated, or Defended, or an outbreak of infested to survive. But it all has to make sense!

Everything being played seemlesly where the main goal is not extraction at the end (Unless someone wants to leave the squad, sort of like the 5 wave mark in Defense.

Upon the end of each map, the following options should be presented, Continue, Extract, Replay, MOD) and continuing on with second, third, fouth, maps. Would be more immersive and social!

Dont hate!

If you want to comment plz do, but do it in a neutral manner, without fanboy R4g3 or influence!

Have a great game!

I am going to tell you how ....."uninformed" you are, btw you are new judge when you have actually played, there actually is a "ninja sword" its called the Nikana and counter part Dragon Nikana and Hydroid is a water Warframe the pirate thing is a joke AND there is different maps eventually every planet will have its own tile set the game is in Beta chill, Vor's Prize is supposedly going to be story like missions AND trading is easy if your competent which I am questioning

and a tip on the forums don't swear so much its like you're trying to rap

Edited by PixalatedVortex

Randomized tilesets are actually get one of my "Oh, considering how many nodes there are randomized tilesets are awesome!" points as if there were a single map for EVERY node... It'd be a load on your PC's memory to say the least, your ninja-to will likely arrive in due time.

Welcome to the Forums, you're going to get some of those like what you see above. However almost all of us do it in jest.

Edited by un1337ninj4

well lets start with what a "ninja sword" is.

also dont insult hydroid he looks cool and as much a ninja by any definition of the word here is  Wikipedias basic description.

"A ninja (忍者?) or shinobi (忍び?) was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations.[1] Their covert methods of waging war contrasted the ninja with the samurai, who observed strict rules about honor and combat.[2] The shinobi proper, a specially trained group of spies and mercenaries, appeared in the Sengoku or "warring states" period, in the 15th century,[3] but antecedents may have existed in the 14th century,[4] and possibly even in the 12th century (Heian or early Kamakura era).[5][6]

In the unrest of the Sengoku period (15th–17th centuries), mercenaries and spies for hire became active in the Iga Province and the adjacent area around the village of Kōga, and it is from their ninja clans that much of our knowledge of the ninja is drawn. Following the unification of Japan under the Tokugawa shogunate (17th century), the ninja faded into obscurity.[7] A number of shinobi manuals, often centered around Chinese military philosophy, were written in the 17th and 18th centuries, most notably the Bansenshukai (1676).[8]

By the time of the Meiji Restoration (1868), the tradition of the shinobi had become a topic of popular imagination and mystery in Japan. Ninja figured prominently in folklore and legend, and as a result it is often difficult to separate historical fact from myth. Some legendary abilities purported to be in the province of ninja training include invisibility, walking on water, and control over the natural elements. As a consequence, their perception in western popular culture in the 20th century is often based more on such legend and folklore than on the historical spies of the Sengoku period."

Edited by Toddwjp

But let me tell you this:

You're asking for things that will make your daily life easy, it is not a necessity but instead just a gift. This is probably on the bottom of DE's to-do list. 

Another thing, a ninja isn't the typical black shrouded Japanese honorable warriors portrayed in TV shows and other things. Here's the definition:

a member of a feudal Japanese society of mercenary agents, highly trained in martial arts and stealth

Not ever single Tenno follow what the definition is, and I'm pretty sure that NONE of the Tenno are Japanese... this is all. You're asking for things that have been suggested before. No need to repeat these things over and over and over and over and over again, it's becoming tedious. 

Edited by MegaSnail

But I do actually think we should get a "ninja sword" since we yet to have one

A Katana is portrayed in normal society as a Ninja sword, even though it is used by Samurais. 

A Ninja weapon would most likely be a scythe, seeing as most Ninjas are peasants that normally farm. MAYBE a blade, or anything cheap and easy to make.  

Edited by MegaSnail

Why the hell is there a PIRATE in a Ninjas based game ?

- Is HYDROID lost ? Poor Space Pirate got taken in by the Ninja Tennos ? Give him at least a ROM Keg to wear on his hip and a metal leg to keep with the theme. Being a Dawy Jones look-a-like (Pirates of the Caribbean) He's out of his place posing as a Ninja! What were they thinking ?

- Why not stick to the motto, with a little deviations either side, to make it fun and interesting! But not sail the 7 seas thousends of miles away from the motto!?

I don't know if this is an issue with pirates vs. ninjas, but we also have:

• Shark Ninja (Loki)
  • Bearded scientist-esque Ninja (Vauban)
  • Chicken Ninja (Ember)
  • Wraith Ninja (Nekros)
  • Bird Ninja (Valkyr)
  • Large, muscular, "can hardly get his butt off the ground" Ninja (Rhino)
  • Reindeer-Paladin Ninja (Oberon)

I don't personally see what's wrong with Hydroid. I like his appearance, he's water-based, he's a freakin' badass ninja pirate. As a kid, the Orokin probably gave him little toy ships to play with. The variety in frames we have is pretty cool.

Why the hell is every map the same with different shades to it, on every single Planet ?

- Would it have been too hard to make a systematic relevent story filled progression on a Planet?

Take Earth for example, first map start off with a small forest area (Reconisence, scanning stuff) but having to move forward to get further into the story of Earth. Second map, out of the forest an Artifact dig site discovered by the Grineer (Defense), third map Grineer Incampment (Survival) and so on and so forth, untill the BOSS (Extermination) of the Planet is reached!

For planets with many maps, smaller bosses like Lieutenent, Evil scientists, Grineer with names, having to be tracked and Exterminated, or Defended, or an outbreak of infested to survive. But it all has to make sense!

Everything being played seemlesly where the main goal is not extraction at the end (Unless someone wants to leave the squad, sort of like the 5 wave mark in Defense.

Upon the end of each map, the following options should be presented, Continue, Extract, Replay, MOD) and continuing on with second, third, fouth, maps. Would be more immersive and social!

They're still working on new tilesets, and lately a single planet sticks to one tileset that is randomly generated out of the many "rooms" they have created for that map. Story is still lacking in this game; we don't even have story quests. And making a unique appearance for every single node that, by your suggestion and the way I am perceiving this, would be the same every run, would not only take a lot of work but be incredibly boring for the players. That is why DE created maps the way they are - many, many rooms that are randomly generated together with the same general theme to keep things interesting on every run.

Why the hell is there still not a REAL Ninja sword in the game ?

- Space Ninja is the motto, rocks Samurai swords, Great swords, Whips, Schytes ??? But not any ACTUAL Ninja swords?!

Like I said above, they are still adding new weapons all the time. Maybe they wanted a larger variety of weapons rather than going straight for the ninja sword, or do not want to create something too similar to existing samurai-esque/long swords. They're still working on making each weapon type unique from the next as it is.

- Click on player name for options, such as Join, Invite, Add Friend etc. WITHOUT having to /w to open a Private chat.

- Some Player names are to messed up to type out, in order to initiate a conversation.

- Need a new Font, where I (i) and l (L) are not the same god damned characters!

Why the hell is there still not a Hosting System in the game ?

- Go to Host a Game, Search for desired game mode to play, filter game modes to play, list yourself in a queue for a mission, host a Tower mission, if space available join the desired mission, host with desired (but not neccessary) requirements such as Warframes, Mastery Ranks etc, short message for mission.

Originally, DE (or at least some of them) did not even want trading in the game. They've implemented this fairly simple system now to allow people what they've wanted for a long time, and it may or may not be improved on in the future. I believe they've touched up on a question about a marketplace-like area being implemented on one of the livestreams, but I do not recall exactly.

As for UI and hosting -- these things are still being improved on as they progress through the beta. They take in most suggestions they're given and they consider what they believe would be best for their game. For the hosting thing, I imagine they want to iron out a solid plan for this and test it out as much as they can before ever releasing it, provided they are considering a new way for hosting. Again, I think a question like this has been answered in livestreams before.

I am going to tell you how ....."uninformed" you are, btw you are new judge when you have actually played, there actually is a "ninja sword" its called the Nikana and counter part Dragon Nikana and Hydroid is a water Warframe the pirate thing is a joke AND there is different maps eventually every planet will have its own tile set the game is in Beta chill, Vor's Prize is supposedly going to be story like missions AND trading is easy if your competent which I am questioning

although OP is "kinda off" about everythin the nikanas are not "ninja swords" katanas were "samurai swords" so, next time u go full smartpants on somebody check your smartness level.

these are the only two things I agree with. Becaause it is hard to interact with people on chat, made even harder when they have weirdly spelled names. 

and I would like the implementation of a Barterhouse. No not an auctionhouse. But a more stable and better orginized hub for trading and selling parts, keys, and mods. I would like to go into detail, because I did think up a very efficient system for it, but Im tired after just now getting off work and I dont want to type something even longer then this.  

"But let me ask you this?!"

Some years ago in da internetz ppl used to argue what was more cool, ninjas or pirates? warframe merged the 2 and wins the bycicle.

Hydroid is super cool and fits the game, not like zephyr who had bad character design and her powers are a freaking mess. (yet i still think element frames or a lack of originality)

For all the other things you ask, well it's BETA, an in development game, somethings you said will be changed worked on, other wont cause they have decided on a path to take.

Some years ago in da internetz ppl used to argue what was more cool, ninjas or pirates? warframe merged the 2 and wins the bycicle.

Hydroid is super cool and fits the game, not like zephyr who had bad character design and her powers are a freaking mess. (yet i still think element frames or a lack of originality)

For all the other things you ask, well it's BETA, an in development game, somethings you said will be changed worked on, other wont cause they have decided on a path to take.

she looks like a bird. and looks 100x better then Oberon.

Nikana.

Actually ninja used a shorter version of the katana. Because a long sword like the katana is abit extreme. Havent you heard you can't use a katana in a zombie apocalypse?

Katana requires years of focus and training. Ninja are like a jack of all trades. Hell they train to use special shoe platforms to walk on water. They train to use ropes to climb up. They learn all sorts of stuff. Plus use shurikens, and even go as far as learning to sneak properly... These Ninja's don't have time to learn how to use a katana properly. They used a short version of the katana, and fought a special way with it that was more versatile.

Actually ninja used a shorter version of the katana. Because a long sword like the katana is abit extreme. Havent you heard you can't use a katana in a zombie apocalypse?

Katana requires years of focus and training. Ninja are like a jack of all trades. Hell they train to use special shoe platforms to walk on water. They train to use ropes to climb up. They learn all sorts of stuff. Plus use shurikens, and even go as far as learning to sneak properly... These Ninja's don't have time to learn how to use a katana properly. They used a short version of the katana, and fought a special way with it that was more versatile.

you can use a katana in a zombie outbreak just like you can use any kind of sharp implement. having training just makes you even better at killing zombies. 

The only real ninja thing about this game is that we can run on walls and do acrobatic stuff... the stealth system still needs a rework (assuming your not Loki the Ripper).

Also, just what ninja are people identifying with? 

The Real Life Ninja, who were opportunists, infiltrators, and assassins?

Or the Fictional Ones who have magic, swordfight, and all that other stereotypical stuff?

The only real ninja thing about this game is that we can run on walls and do acrobatic stuff... the stealth system still needs a rework (assuming your not Loki the Ripper).

Also, just what ninja are people identifying with? 

The Real Life Ninja, who were opportunists, infiltrators, and assassins?

Or the Fictional Ones who have magic, swordfight, and all that other stereotypical stuff?

Hah, yeah, it's all fantasy ninja stuff. Classic ninja didn't even do all that acrobatic S#&$, it was primarily poison, disguise, etc.

Also, I really get a kick out if people talking about the shorter "ninja" katana, which is an entirely fictitious creation of Hollywood.

Nikana is more of a samurai sword than a ninja sword. A ninja sword would be more like a ninjato / ninjaken / shinobigatana if you wanted to go by movie / pop culture portrayal.

The game has been in open beta over a year now... "open beta" doesn't really mean anything in this context... before every game did the "it's in open beta" excuse they just had "launches" and open beta was stress testing. They take people's money, the game is live, being in beta is no longer a valid reason.

...another smart &#!, thinking he knows it al :S

The NIKANA is not a ninja sword! Google it if you have the compitence for it! A curved blade is a Samurai sword, for greater slash capabilities through soft tissue and objects, wheres a Ninja sword is a straight blade for puncture purposes for stealth and tactical kills where they would pirce a heart or skull. Quick silent kills... smart &#! -.-

Dude if you wanna yap your mouth just to have it moving, i got an object for ya! XD