Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Ideas/ Suggestions

Noxonion

Anyway, this was the thread waaaay back when we didn't know s**t about getting this pet. So, yeah.

What will be the actual way of getting the beast:

1. Get a Liset.

2. Build the DNA foundry.

3. Destroy a Kubrow den @ Earth.

4. ???

5. Profit.

So, some us us have been waiting for U13 for a reason: Kubrows! Since DE hasn't implemented them yet, idea time!

You walk near the reactor thing in the Orokin Lab, press a button and a research window pops up.

There are two things that you can research: the Orokin Drone (gives you shield, functions like a sentinel) and the Tenno Kubrow.

Research Cost (Ghost Clan):

50000 credits;

3 argon crystals;

5000 Nano Spores;

and...

A Kubrow Tooth Fragment.

Now, you get these from Wild Kubrows in Phobos. They have a 50% chance to spawn instead of a Desert Skate, and have a 75% chance to drop a Kubrow Tooth Fragment.

Then, once you research said Kubrow, you get a new type of ,,blueprint" - the DNA code. Then you have to build the DNA replicator in the Dojo. After that you can replicate the DNA code of a wild Kubrow, modify it, and you automatically get a Tenno Kubrow pet. Now, these don't count as a Sentinel, you can keep the Drone and have the beast as your pet.

You can supercharge it, and mod it. It uses Sentinel mods, but not the ridiculous ones - it can't use Fired Up, Sanctuary, Self Destruct, Spare Parts and Guardian.

There are two specific mods for it:

Beastmaster - choose an enemy for the Kubrow to attack.

Guardian (The Kubrow version) - when your Warframe's health starts getting damage, the Kubrow will try to protect you: parry bullets, destroy the attackers etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now about the Grineer (now chunky) Kubrow:

You can research it in the Chem Lab, the process is almost exactly the same.

The mods are:

Beastmaster

Tough Fur - when the Kubrow's health goes below 30%, he'll go on a rampage, slaughtering everything in sight and taking 90% less damage.

The Grineer Kubrow is less agile than a Tenno Kubrow, but does more damage and has more armor.

That's pretty much it. If you have some feedback or some ideas, post a reply below.

Edited by Noxonion

i don't see why it has to be phobos. Would prefer if you found the kubrew on earth or ceres since they have no animals yet. Desert skates are special and OP so they deserve phobos for themselves. 

And honestly i was one of those who were more excited about the kubrew than Melee 2.0 and puddle frame....

I just think it looks so adorably awesome and i just want to see it maul an army of freshly cloned grineer scum :C 

i don't see why it has to be phobos. Would prefer if you found the kubrew on earth or ceres since they have no animals yet. Desert skates are special and OP so they deserve phobos for themselves. 

Perhaps. But IMHO they look like they're from Phobos. Just sayin'.

How about getting a crafting material by scanning wild ones with the codex scanner a couple of times. Kinda like getting those antitoxins by scanning those pine cones found on Earth.

I was personally thinking something along the lines of scanning the plants that are already on Earth to make some sort of scented lure you can use to trap and tame a Kubrow.

I don't know... their fur mixed with the desert heat doesn't sound all that natural.

I also think it doesn't look really natural in a desert setting for the Tenno verison at least. The Grineer version on the other hand looks like it might fit into a the desert or sewer setting.

Edited by Scabbard

I was personally thinking something along the lines of scanning the plants that are already on Earth to make some sort of scented lure you can use to trap and tame a Kubrow.

Oh that sounds like its quite fun; however by looking at the one in the Orokin Lab's tank the ones we might be getting are likely to be cloned or modified from natural counterparts in some way.

Alien-jackal.png

This sounds like a hassle, can I just go down to the local shelter?

I don't know... their fur mixed with the desert heat doesn't sound all that natural.

Future, space, magitech, aliens. What we know as natural has no place here.

Edited by FatalX7

Hoping they add a variety of armours and accessories to make them a bit more customizable. Choosing the fur colour would also be nice.

I already like the fact that there is an Armored and Fur variant. That little armored bastard is going to be my little sweetheart.

That'd be cool but I wont hold my breath. Hope they launch the damn thing with a Zanuka-esque skin though.

Ya mean like, a Zanuka made of chopped-up Kubrow limbs? You're sick.

Edited by kaboomonme

Dangnabbit, the Grineer don't deserve them. I propose we liberate them and tame them as our own.

Agreed. They must join us freely... or against their will with a little help from Nyx.

----sorry for the double post

Edited by Scabbard

The tooth fragment comes only from melee kills. But they're so agile and dangerous in melee range. So it becomes a hassle just to kill them. But wait, there's more! You must attain 500 to have one. Have fun having them avoid your melee swings, then jump on your face to one shot you then dry hump your body while you bleed out.