Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good For Grineer?

(PSN)brentd25

the setup I'm using works great for lower level stuff, but when i get up to pluto and ceres not so much. right now I'm using a soma with the reactor but haven't used any forma with these mods.

stormbringer

rifle ammo mutagen

ammo drum

infected clip

piercing hit

serration

bane of grineer

rifle apitude

i was thinking of switching out stormbringer for high voltage which would also let me get rid of rifle aptitude….any and all advice welcome lol

Would get rid of the Ammo Drum, the Rifle Aptitude and Piercing Hit and try to get your hands on Vital Sense, Point Strike and Split Chamber.

Also if you can get your hands on Shredder (nightmare mod, punchthrough and RoF) put it in for the Bane mod, but be carefull with your bursts then or you run out of ammo faster than your mutator can help to refill it.

It acually is the best crit weapon in game (^.^)

6 forma synapse = 70k crits :P

4 forma synapse = crits all the time up to 55k crit

Synapse < 1st place Crit machine

Soma < 2nd place crit machine

its how i see it, correct me if im wrong.

Would get rid of the Ammo Drum, the Rifle Aptitude and Piercing Hit and try to get your hands on Vital Sense, Point Strike and Split Chamber.

Also if you can get your hands on Shredder (nightmare mod, punchthrough and RoF) put it in for the Bane mod, but be carefull with your bursts then or you run out of ammo faster than your mutator can help to refill it.

Shred.

Shredder is a Shotgun mod.

Common Typo but didnt want OP to get confused.

Otherwise this and what Shinokami said.

sweet, thanks!

ok how do i do that?? lol

Join a clan>go to the infested lab> research synaspe>research mutagen mass>build it for many many days ( mutagen mass)>build the synapse>Lvl it to 30>lvl it again for 4x or 6x times using Forma>Enjoy your Crit Machine.

Short version> Go to youtube.com and search for 4 or 6 forma synapse build.

And Baam you got the info needed.

The set up im using for my soma when im fighting the Grineer is:

Serration (damage)

Heavy Calibur (more damge but also loses accuracy though its not very notable)

Split Chamber (more damage through multishot)

Point Strike (crit chance increase since the soma is great for crits)

Vital Sense (increases crit damage)

Metal Auger (adds punch through allowing you to hit multiple foes in a line)

Infected Clip (adds poison damage but i am using using this with cyro rounds to form viral damage)

Cyro Rounds (adds cold damage but i am using this with infected clip to form viral damage)

Im still fairly new to this type of game, i figured the 3.0x/30% was decent??

It is quite decent, and that's why you should use crit mods. Crit mods don't add values directly; the percentage they list is based off of the weapon's base crit chance.

For instance, let's say you put 50% crit chance on your Soma, it will have 30% + (30% x 0.50) = 45% crit chance total.

It is quite decent, and that's why you should use crit mods. Crit mods don't add values directly; the percentage they list is based off of the weapon's base crit chance.

For instance, let's say you put 50% crit chance on your Soma, it will have 30% + (30% x 0.50) = 45% crit chance total.

so i should level up point strike past the 100% mark?

i have since put vital sense and point strike on my soma, neither are leveled up all the way but i did notice a HUGE difference. i was fighting the phorid, first time without those 2, and i went through all of my ammo on my soma and pistol.second time i put those on and it was magical. big help people.

i have since put vital sense and point strike on my soma, neither are leveled up all the way but i did notice a HUGE difference. i was fighting the phorid, first time without those 2, and i went through all of my ammo on my soma and pistol.second time i put those on and it was magical. big help people.

throw on ammo drum on ur soma Maxed ofc and get yourself a carrior with maxed vaccum and your ammo problems are gonne forever :P thats how pro's do it...mostly :D

EDIT: and use only corrosive against grineer >corrosive< good for heavy grineer and heavy infested :P

Corrosive + cold for void runs :D GL HF

Edited by choole2

ya i know about that stuff, i have it already, i just didn't know you can get that much off of one weapon. is it certain mods or does just using a forma upgrade it more in general?

and how big is your clan?? I'm usually on late at night so a bigger clan is more helpful to me being as theres almost always someone on.

Really small clan lol. Just hit up the recruit channel to find a moon clan. As for the formas they just free up points to put higher cost mods on. Like split chamber costs 15 without the right polarity, 8 with it. It all depends what mods your trying to fit in. Lots of good advice above.

throw on ammo drum on ur soma Maxed ofc and get yourself a carrior with maxed vaccum and your ammo problems are gonne forever :P thats how pro's do it...mostly :D

EDIT: and use only corrosive against grineer >corrosive< good for heavy grineer and heavy infested :P

Corrosive + cold for void runs :D GL HF

If he isn't painting walls with it, the mutator should take care of his ammunition but you're right with the carrier, you don't have to scan the floor for every piece of ammo anymore.

Slight addition to the damage type: If you go high waves in defense or survival against grineer wou might want a secondary with radiation damage as some of the heavies and the elites are vulnerable against it instead of corrosive.

Edit: Something to also look into is a blueprint for ammo packs, if possible from clan as they give more (expensive as it's 250k credits i think but worth it as it only needs to be bought once).

Shred.

Shredder is a Shotgun mod.

Common Typo but didnt want OP to get confused.

Otherwise this and what Shinokami said.

Thanks. Not playing on an english client and sometimes confuse the names of ones that are similar in english.

Edited by Sharrack