Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips To Starters

(PSN)x35_DOuBLeTReYx

Question

1: Choose Excalibur, why, because he is the most balanced frame

2: Once you kill Vor build Cronus immediately, why, because it is a good upgrade over skana

3: Farm Apollodorus until your around level 15, why, because after that you won't get one shotted on higher levels

4: Leech on to players hosting ODD or T1,2,3 Defence on recruit and just sit back and watch, why, just watch the xp bar

5: Reach Saturn and Jupiter, why, because you need Neural Sensors and Orokin Cells to build stuff

6: Build Rhino, Oberon or Ember as these can help you go a loonnng way

7: Sell starting weapons and buy blueprints for Karak, Kunai and Orthos, why, these are the best weapons to build after selling starting stuff

8: Use starting platinum on Reactor and Catalyst for new weapons, why, to make you more powerful

9: Farm mods like Serration, Hornet Strike, Split Chamber, lethal Torrent etc

4. Leechers will be reported to Support and can get banned if they'll repeat such behavior. It matches under "player griefing" category.
8. It's better to buy weapon and warframe slots, you can get potatoes from Invasions and after-livestream alerts.

My list of tips:

Well, first of all, you may want to check the Wiki. Later you can also use Warframe Builder to browse weapon/frame builds and maybe even submit your own.

Boltor is a good choice for an anti-Grineer weapon. Karak is equally decent against Corpus.
Seer is... Specific weapon. Not the best out there, but it's definitely an upgrade from Lato. However I'd recommend using your Lato to create Bolto, and later Akbolto.
Rhino is a good choice as your second frame - if you have him, you can farm pretty much any mission.

How do you trade stuff? Simple, you need to be in a clan and use Trading Kiosk. And you need to be mastery rank 2 at least.a
Clans? I'm sure you'll find a good clan somewhere. Search on forums. And look for a big clan with every research done, like - for example - Asuro.

As for general tips:
 - Don't sell your weapons untill you level them up to 30, or you'll miss the Mastery
 - Do Survival, Endless Defence and Mobile Defence missions for exp and resources
 - When in any of the defences stay near the objective, or you'll be a door hero
 - Door heroes are even more hated than Leechers, so don't do it
 - When in Survival don't activate the capsule untill the support level reaches ~60%
 - People who are activating capsules early are probably even more hated than door heroes
 - Don't waste Platinum on buying weapons/frames - you can get every each of them during the gameplay
 - If you have spare Platinum buy slots. Lots and lots of slots.
 - I've mentioned Leechers... Leecher is a person that stays at the beginning and does nothing during the mission
 - If you happen to go afk - say that. Simple "brb phone" would do
 - Revive your teammates, unless you'll be put in danger. Or unless they are door heroes or leechers. Then teabag them.
 - Always wait for your team in the elevator
 - If you are the last person in the elevator you should activate it
 - Don't break reinforced glass on purpose
 - Try not to act stupid. It's irritating seeing somebody trying to meele a level 30 Napalm with his Cronus and reviving him constantly
 - Be polite. Unless you are talking to a door hero or a leecher.
 - If you are planing to leave Endless Defence or Survival - always inform your team about it. "Leaving at 15 min" will do.

You should really ask if you could 'leech' off of other players before you join their game which is made by using their key. A lot of people don't like that. Also in my personal opinion you would become better at the game if you got involved in something more around your level.

Newer players should also take note that Mastery Rank is increased by leveling up Warframes/Weapons/Sentinels (and their weapons) And can also be earned by completing new mission nodes (the blinking blue missions)

Another recommendation is to check up on the Warframe wiki, the forums or ask other players. A Tenno is never alone.

Apart from that this is a very straight to the point guide that can be very useful. However there are different styles of playing so remember to experiment.

OP: Your "tip" on leeching is rude. Your tip on starter plat is unwise. You can get reactors and catalysts through other means, but you cannot get weapon and warframe slots any other way except to spend plat. It is far wiser to spend your starter plat there.

U guys are talking about extreme leeching my type of leeching is to find a camping spot near cryopod and just shoot enemies even though it does nothing and occasionally use you abilities when your bored

Then say "Stay near the pod and shoot enemies even if you are doing no damage at all", do not advice straight leeching and doing nothing.

2: Once you kill Vor build Cronus immediately, why, because it is a good upgrade over skana

3: Farm Apollodorus until your around level 15, why, because after that you won't get one shotted on higher levels

4: Leech on to players hosting ODD or T1,2,3 Defence on recruit and just sit back and watch, why, just watch the xp bar

5: Reach Saturn and Jupiter, why, because you need Neural Sensors and Orokin Cells to build stuff

7: Sell starting weapons and buy blueprints for Karak, Kunai and Orthos, why, these are the best weapons to build after selling starting stuff

8: Use starting platinum on Reactor and Catalyst for new weapons, why, to make you more powerful

1). All the starter frames are worth playing. Mag is some nice CC and damage against corpus. Loki actually have a better chance at surviving(IMO) with his invisibility. Then radial disarm can actually help out the team and give some breathing space. Excalibur has movement and CC. His last ability isn't the most useful since you can just use Radial Blind and melee for 400% damage.

2). Meh I never really used the Cronus. I would go for the Duel Ethers.

3). Yes this for sure. 

4). I wouldn't leach. It annoys a lot of players. Instead I would find someone to play with and kinda help you out with missions.

5). Yeah aim to get to those missions.Other than those you can get Nano Spores and Salvage.

6). I agree on Rhino and maybe Oberon but not Ember. Rhino is really good for beginners but I suggest getting another frame soon. I wouldn't really farm for Oberon because now he drops in orbs and his skills aren't really useful.

7). Well every weapon has their perks but make sure, like Angius said, level them to 30. Not sure about orthos anymore because I heard a lot of charge weapons kinda suck now.

8). No I would spend the platinum on weapon slots and warframe slots. You can get Reactors and Catalysts from invasions and alerts.

9). I would try doing defense for some of these and survival for others. 

Edited by SilverEliteHD

- Revive your teammates, unless you'll be put in danger. Or unless they are door heroes or leechers. Then teabag them.

10/10 would +1 again.

OT: You will find alot of Door Heroes and Leechers on the game and it does get annoying. However don't go throwing endless profanity at them. Ask them to participate in the game more or ask them to share the enemies out more. If in survival give them advice on what to do and when to activate the life support. No one likes being yelled at, especially when they're a new player with no knowledge of what to do.

If they continue to leech then as Angius said: Leechers can and will be reported to support and may receive a ban.

1). All the starter frames are worth playing. Mag is some nice CC and damage against corpus. Loki actually have a better chance at surviving(IMO) with his invisibility. Then radial disarm can actually help out the team and give some breathing space. Excalibur has movement and CC. His last ability isn't the most useful since you can just use Radial Blind and melee for 400% damage.

2). Meh I never really used the Cronus. I would go for the Duel Ethers.

3). Yes this for sure. 

4). No. Just no. No one likes Leechers. If you want exp go do some survival. Leechers are really annoying because 99% of the time they don't contribute to the team.

5). Yeah aim to get to those missions.Other than those you can get Nano Spores and Salvage.

6). I agree on Rhino and maybe Oberon but not Ember. Rhino is really good for beginners but I suggest getting another frame soon. I wouldn't really farm for Oberon because now he drops in orbs and his skills aren't really useful.

7). Well every weapon has their perks but make sure, like Angius said, level them to 30. Not sure about orthos anymore because I heard a lot of charge weapons kinda suck now.

8). No I would spend the platinum on weapon slots and warframe slots. You can get Reactors and Catalysts from invasions and alerts.

9). I would try doing defense for some of these and survival for others.

Oberon reckoning is insta kill till lvl 30 enemies bro

Oberon reckoning is insta kill till lvl 30 enemies bro

That's the problem. Now i'm not saying newer players will get to level 30 right off the bat but the more useful abilities are Support, Utility, and Boosters. 

For example:

Rhino stomp has that 4 second slow motion period. That's utility.

But it really sucks later on because 4 seconds won't get you much.

Reckoning is plain out damage.

EDIT:

If you really wanna have some fun with damage go try out nova ;)

Edited by SilverEliteHD

That's the problem. Now i'm not saying newer players will get to level 30 right off the bat but the more useful abilities are Support, Utility, and Boosters. 

For example:

EDIT:

Naa that's just PvE extreme + Oberon is support with Renewal

For example:

EDIT:

Naa that's just PvE extreme + Oberon is support with Renewal

It all really depends on how you play. Each Warframe has a share of utility, support, buffs, damage etc. It really all depends on how the player utilizes the frame more than what the frame can do.

It all really depends on how you play. Each Warframe has a share of utility, support, buffs, damage etc. It really all depends on how the player utilizes the frame more than what the frame can do.

That's true in most cases. But some all frames have their limitation on how good they are.

BUT

Warframe is a game. Games are meant to be played for fun. In the end it's which frame you have fun with the most.

That's true in most cases. But some all frames have their limitation on how good they are.

BUT

Warframe is a game. Games are meant to be played for fun. In the end it's which frame you have fun with the most.

True. There are a lot of play styles to choose from and it's up to the player to customize their load out the way they want to enhance the effectiveness of that play style. But overall it's more important to have fun by shooting stuff in the face really hard.

Oh and supporting other players. c:

True. There are a lot of play styles to choose from and it's up to the player to customize their load out the way they want to enhance the effectiveness of that play style. But overall it's more important to have fun by shooting stuff in the face really hard.

Oh and supporting other players. c:

This

+1

Mixed feelings on this, but it's nice of you to make a tip list for new players. It's quite daunting at first to know what to do. 

1. Excalibur is the most balanced, but Mag is pretty tanky with some awesome utility up her sleeve. All 3 are great, but Loki probably is the hardest without the right mods. 

2. Agree, but still fully level the skana for mastery. 

3. Don't farm any level unless you're looking for certain mods/money or are feeling too weak at higher levels. Otherwise, just work your way slowly through the chart with your goals of Saturn and Jupiter. If you are getting too squishy and having trouble advancing try to join up with others on the same node or farm for XP.

4. ONLY 'leech' if they are your friends and understand what you're doing. Otherwise it's VERY rude. 

5. Agree 100%

6. Rhino is definitely recommended as he will make higher planets much easier even without good mods. 

7. Agree. Although I like the Hikou better. Personal preference though. I forget which weapons you can buy for credits. Other great weapons to buy the BP's for (try not to outright buy weapons with platinum): Braton, Cernos, Paris, Bolto, Magnus, Vasto (upgrade to Akbolto, Akmagnus, and Akvasto when you can), and Amphis. 

8. Do whatever you want with your free money (platinum), but slots for weapons/warframes are best because you can't get them any other way and you will need them if you want to get very far in warframe. Once you decide to invest into the game, then color packs would be my next recommendation. Almost every other Friday, 'Gift from the Lotus' will appear as an alert and will reward you with a catalyst or reactor. If you don't have access to the planet, go into the recruiting channel and many people are nice and will taxi you there. Let them know you are low level, and even if you don't dish out much damage, that's ok. Just try not to die. 

9. Agree. Check the wiki for the specific mods you need and some of them can be farmed even on low level nodes. 

Other tips: 

1. Explore while solo.

2. Make some friends to team up with. Much better than randoms.

3. Open all lockers. Bust all crates. Especially in the beginning when you're poor on resources and money. 

Apparently there is a bug that has been going around new players where after they get to the solar system interface, they are unable to click anything (Terminus, Mercury). The only solution so far is to relaunch the game entirely.

Hope this helps.

Did they raise the cronus drop rate? I must have killed vors 30+ times when i started out during the last update... guess that is rng.

I'm pretty sure you get the cronus guaranteed the first time you kill him. After that, it's pretty tough. 

1. True

2. True

3. That still depends on the player

4. That's exactly what they should NOT do

5. True

6. Rhino has priority over other warframes, say what you want

7. Sell the starter weapons AFTER you've acquired the mentioned weapons

8. Waste of platinum. New people should spent into Warframe slots and keep the rest for later. Why? Because the most people don't want to pay money for platinum and acquiring platinum via trading, requires items they can't acquire on their own at the beginning.

9. True, but they will acquire the most over time, without actually "farming" them anyway.

*10. Try finding a clan

*11. Get used to warframe.wikia.com and warframe-builder.com

Edited by (PS4)Eneokun

My advice is to just play through all the planets. That's how everybody learned back when Warframe was still new, and gives you a better grasp of the game. Especially if you're new, since a lot of players that have been around for longer love to rush levels and if you're not familiar with the map layouts you'll feel overwhelmed. 

Not sure about orthos anymore because I heard a lot of charge weapons kinda suck now.

Orthos is a fantastic melee weapon for a new player.

It's strength is a guaranteed blast proc on ground slam in it's default 10m radius. That's basic crowd control for any frame, requiring no energy or ammo.

Mods to extend reach and increase attack speed are easy for new players to find. The weapon might not suit all play styles, but it is well worth crafting. I stuck a potato on mine and it's still my goto melee weapon at MR 7.

I've rarely used it as a charge weapon except for finishers.