Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx's Mind Control Needs Friendly Fire Resistant

HonorGuard2074

here the deal I love nyx but guys love to use me when I use mind control as easy kills (like about everybody but guys I am friends with does)so it gets annoying when guys say ok we got nyx wait for her to MC a guy then we kill the MCed guy

So friendly fire resistant on the guy you MCed would help so guys can't just have a nyx MC guys then they kill those guys it ruins the fun of nyx

No, the objective is to KILL the enemies, even when i notice MCed enemies i kill them on purpose, because that is the objective, the only situation in which i would not kill them would be if a defense mission is near failure and i need a lot of cannon fodder covering the objective, as a "shield" but most of the time letting them live is just a waste of time, some skills are situational, take it or leave it.

Edited by Orbister

As a Nyx-er I get very irritated when I'm trying to utilise a tough enemy against his own allies via Mind Control to reduce the stress on my cellmates, only for them to turn around and kill said MC'd enemy. This is why I only run Nyx with people I know.

But only if I plan to use MC. Otherwise I Chaos all the things and watch like a happy mother. c:

Ok, first I gotta say you probably couldn't have written this more confusing.

Making MC'ed targets unkillable/resistant would be a terrible change and just encourage more trolling.

No, the objective is to KILL the enemies, even when i notice MCed enemies i kill them on purpose, because that is the objective, the only situation in which i would not kill them would be if a defense mission is near failure and i need a lot of cannon fodder covering the objective, as a "shield" but most of the time letting them live is just a waste of time, some skills are situational, take it or leave it.

Killing MC'ed targets bears no experience. Going for MC'ed targets is a jerk move and puts you in the same box with those who focus EV targets. You basicly lack teamplay qualities.

I use MC as a simple stunning move. Low on energy and the really strong ones can't say no.

If they were unable to be killed during MC then I'd probably have a hard time after they killed their own team and decided to go after me.

Ok, first I gotta say you probably couldn't have written this more confusing.

Making MC'ed targets unkillable/resistant would be a terrible change and just encourage more trolling.

Killing MC'ed targets bears no experience. Going for MC'ed targets is a jerk move and puts you in the same box with those who focus EV targets. You basicly lack teamplay qualities.

no, i kill mcenemies if the game is waiting for them to die for a wave to end, or if we are in survival and oxigen is running low, and you NEED to kill enemies because they might drop more oxigen for ALL of us to survive and complete the mission, i do not lack teamplay quality, but u seem to lack strategic thinking, i mostly run as oberon but i do not ask everyone in my group to let enemies live so they walk over my hallowed ground, instead i use more renewal and reckoning as cc if i need to clear a room to revive a down partner, think a little harder before you pass judgement.

Edited by Orbister

I MC stuff so that it doesn't hurt my teammates while they kill it.  It is a stun with benefits.  So no thanks.

I would, however, like it to have a more distinct graphical effect, something that clearly IDs it as MC'd, so that experienced players can more easily decide whether to kill the thing right away or not.

I disagree with the OP.

Either you coordinate with the team and use MC, or use it as a perma CC with possible perks in groups.  MC comes into its own during solo/duo play where you communicate well with your team - amazing thing to add a minion with rockets!!

Also、preventing people from killing a mob because it is under MC opens up a huge can of possible trolling. . . endless trolling and abuse.  Imagine an exterminate - you were not rezzed an are upset - you MC a mob an do so continuously (and mind  you, my Nyx has a lot of duration mods. . .so it can be awhile) and make whomever upset you leave because they cannot finish the mission - and that is just the start of the kind of crap people will do.

No, MC is fine, almost too good actually.

Edited by existentialvoid

Yes but when you would keep it alive it could help you kill even more enemies and THEN you can kill it.

Terrible example !

You need to open a bottle and i give you 2 open bottle sof the same drink, you take the 2 bottles and use them to open the first one.

Why does this thread keep appearing? It's a terrible idea.

Since Trinity's Well of Life suspends the target in the air and boosts its HP by x10 for the duration, then mabye it isn't a terrible idea.

But who cares about Well of Life, right? Its all about Blessing. 

Since Trinity's Well of Life suspends the target in the air and boosts its HP by x10 for the duration, then mabye it isn't a terrible idea.

But who cares about Well of Life, right? Its all about Blessing. 

Trinity's whole power set bugs me, it swings wildly between dumb and overpowered.

Edited by Jandor

The point of Nyx is to turn the enemies into allies. Redirect some power coming your way and turn it back on the shooter and friends. A mindcontrolled enemy is basically a friendly. They won't attack you, they can only help. People like you are what makes Nyx useless.

The point of Nyx is to turn the enemies into allies. Redirect some power coming your way and turn it back on the shooter and friends. A mindcontrolled enemy is basically a friendly. They won't attack you, they can only help. People like you are what makes Nyx useless.

It isn't players like him that make Nyx useless.  It is the speed with which enemies can be killed.  CC isn't needed most of the time (which is why you don't see Nyx's that often).  Nor do you need an NPC to help you kill stuff, especially the type of NPC that players prioritize the killing of (they shoot them for the same reason you MC them).  Plus with melee being a thing right now, lots of players will go for what is closest. 

Overall, having an enemy you can't kill for the duration of MC, which can be buffed, would slow the team down as you have to wait to be able to kill it.

MC is best as a stun with benefits.  But it does need a more unique effect, rather than the usual "kill me" glow.  That way, better players will change their kill order prioritization when the situation warrants it.

It isn't players like him that make Nyx useless.  It is the speed with which enemies can be killed.  CC isn't needed most of the time (which is why you don't see Nyx's that often).  Nor do you need an NPC to help you kill stuff, especially the type of NPC that players prioritize the killing of (they shoot them for the same reason you MC them).  Plus with melee being a thing right now, lots of players will go for what is closest. 

Overall, having an enemy you can't kill for the duration of MC, which can be buffed, would slow the team down as you have to wait to be able to kill it.

MC is best as a stun with benefits.  But it does need a more unique effect, rather than the usual "kill me" glow.  That way, better players will change their kill order prioritization when the situation warrants it.

Why not friendly fire immune, and then when the duration is over all damage would apply, Hysteria style. Nyx is the only one who can kill the target otherwise, what it being her pet and all, but everyone else can only load up damage. Makes both sides happy. Nyx people get a skill that is actually useful while mindless slaughter machines get to keep up their kill count.

Why not friendly fire immune, and then when the duration is over all damage would apply, Hysteria style. Nyx is the only one who can kill the target otherwise, what it being her pet and all, but everyone else can only load up damage. Makes both sides happy. Nyx people get a skill that is actually useful while mindless slaughter machines get to keep up their kill count.

Because how do you know you've done enough damage to kill it?  And because players will continue to shoot it anyway, meaning you waste their time and ammo.  MC is useful as it is.  It just needs a better effect.

Besides, it is her damage dealing ability that needs to be fixed up, so Nyx has something worth using when CC isn't needed.

Because how do you know you've done enough damage to kill it?  And because players will continue to shoot it anyway, meaning you waste their time and ammo.  MC is useful as it is.  It just needs a better effect.

Besides, it is her damage dealing ability that needs to be fixed up, so Nyx has something worth using when CC isn't needed.

We can make the health bar of an MC enemy go down until it reaches a sliver from where it will stop shrinking until the effect ends.

We can make the health bar of an MC enemy go down until it reaches a sliver from where it will stop shrinking until the effect ends.

This or just have it empty all together. Give it another shine, much like Bullet Attractor, and then everyone knows we have a walking corpse on our side.

Don't really agree with the OP, but people who kill MC'd enemies while there are other enemies are around are jerks. Yes, it's great CC, but hey jerks, at least kill the other guys who are shooting at us before killing the Ancient Healer or Bombard who is actually helping us.

Don't first say you always kill MC's enemies, then turn around and "clarify" that you only do it if it's the end of a defense wave or you need oxygen. Don't contradict yourself by making up reasons for your desire to just kill everything regardless of strategy or teamwork.

The real issue is how bad other players are. The only issue with the ability might be the visuals. In a game that's so visually cluttered, it doesn't stand out much. Damage resistance to FF for MC'd enemies isn't a good solution though, because many times, it really is just for the CC.

Give MC the Hysteria effect, so any damage taken during MC will be delayed until after the MC wears off.

Good point the idea is solid as a rock

yea but some guys do not like being treated as a taser

Unless you are MCing a leader there is no reason not to kill it since single enemies are very weak and only effective in large numbers *cough chaos/shadows of the dead*

I only MC leaders and units like ancients(all but disrupters),HMG gunners(techs included),the 2 Rocket happy ones(naplams and bombardber

I would, however, like it to have a more distinct graphical effect, something that clearly IDs it as MC'd, so that experienced players can more easily decide whether to kill the thing right away or not.

I think changing the Chaos vis effect so that it's less blinding, like a shimmering halo around the enemy's head would be a good idea. Then you could keep the Mind Control effect and it'd be more distinct.

As for MC invulnerability, not keen myself either.