Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Nobody Using The Furax?

JohnTheRevelator

Question

13 answers to this question

Because they don't want to? I mean its a cool weapon that has high base damage but its range is short and it is limited in effectiveness by attack speed and range. There are weapons that do the same job but better.

Extremely short range, doesn't hit multiple enemies, people farm Infested missions a lot. Meaning lots of enemies at once in clumped areas; Furax does not do super well there. Also I've known some who just don't like how it looks and can't adjust to the range. It's by no means a bad weapon though, arguably the best DPS weapon there is.

Furax lover here. It suppliments my other weapons very well. Fast, high damage charge attacks are exactly what I need for sprinting and splattering. The ground finisher is also a lot more fun than any other weapon! Infested? Who cares? That's what my other two weapons are for.

Furax is good for single target charge. But there's weapons whose charge attack cleaves with similar charge dmg, and you really need the AoE to handle the crowds in this game.

Also low range, so hard to hit in laggy games.

early on b4 the introduction of the heavy weapons that have reach/aoe/penetration, the furax was more popular

personally i didn't dig it animations or look

I'd like a more Ryu's claws from Ninja Gaiden 2 or Dante's Beowulf from DMC3 or Gilgamesh from DMC4 style fist/feet type weapons

at least if i was to have gauntlets in WF i'd want them to attack fast like the Fangs and have smooth animations like the Fangs do

Furax just feels/looks clunky right now in comparison, I do hope DE goes back and gives it a makeover/tune-up b4 beta is over

The Furax was my first melee weapon that I purchased, but I left it as it isn't too good on infested.

That said, I now have a potato'd Scindo with +60% swing speed for infested, and my new potato'd Furax has a maxed charge damage and charge speed mod on it, as well as +75% AP damage and maxed crit damage. It does around ~600 damage for each charge attack, and with the charge speed mod, it has insane DPS on anything other than infested. I killed Captain Vor with 2 charge attacks, and Vay Hek with ~15 (lost count after 6 lol).

Edited by rCaliberGX

Maxed and supercharged mine before the U7, I believe it could kill Vor on critical, but then came Gram.

Many weapons can kill Vor on critical as of right now. But yeah, Furax has pretty nice solo target DPS, on par with plasma - good for farming bosses with Rhino or Trinity.

Edited by Dreamwalk3r