Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raging Frost?

Cryozar

Question

Hello fellow Tenno. With the nerfs given to Frost as well as the fix that took away Avalanche's freeze duration I've decided to think of what I can do to put him into a better place. With melee 2.0 I've decided to make a rage build for him utilizing a rank 1 life strike on the melee weapon I'd like input on how viable it can be and if it's not viable, I'm open to suggestions on what to do with it to at least have more of a fun time while hoping for the day Avalanche's CC comes back

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Frost_prime/t_30_33001244013_2-6-10-7-3-5-8-10-5-13-0-3-16-8-4-19-7-10-43-2-5-55-1-5-59-5-3-74-4-3-75-9-3_13-7-55-6-43-7-7-9-74-5-59-5-2-6-19-7-16-10-75-7-8-14_22/en/1-0-8

since there seems to be some viewing trouble

Energy Siphon Aura

Constitution(forma'd skill polarity)

Fleeting Expertise

Reflection

Flow

Rage (forma'd skill polarity)

Vitality (D polarity)

Steel Fiber (D polarity)

Rush

Snow Globe

Avalanche

Edited by FormlessDread

6 answers to this question

I can't see your build, but I'm having amazing success with an all-rounder build.

Fan-helm

Regeneration Aura

Ice Wave

Snow Globe

Avalanche

Health

Shields

Armor

Intensify

Stretch

Streamline

Runspeed

Sure, I don't have a giant AoE stun, but the slows from globe and Ice wave, and the knockdown from my melee attacks make up for it

I can't see your build, but I'm having amazing success with an all-rounder build.

Fan-helm

Regeneration Aura

Ice Wave

Snow Globe

Avalanche

Health

Shields

Armor

Intensify

Stretch

Streamline

Runspeed

Sure, I don't have a giant AoE stun, but the slows from globe and Ice wave, and the knockdown from my melee attacks make up for it

edited first post to say what mods i used

I run him with Narrow Minded to make the globe a tiny one-man globe and I love it.

-KD prevention and Shield stacked

Fortitude

Redirection

Vigor

Sure Footed

Rejuvenation (slash procs)

-One man globe.

Snowglobe

Narrow Minded

Fleeting Expertise

Flow

-Two left

1) Quick Rest

Originally an open utility slot, I pretty much never take off Quick Rest though... even for endless defense.

2) Varies

Usually I put Freeze Blast here just because I like having it, but it also works for Thief's Wit if I'm looking for new mods (like now) or Equilibrium to get sustain back if I change my Aura to something else, etc etc.

Personally, I find Freeze to be more useful than Ice Wave, for CC purposes. Given Frosts more restrictive energy pool, weapons are the more preferred solution for damage output. 

hence why i tried making a build with the Rage mod and putting life strike on the melee