The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Why Not Get Rid Of Trinity's First Two Abilities And Change The Ultimate?

-CM-Crazy

I am going to keep this short and simple:

Remove her first two abilities

Change blessing to a make all enemies in a fairly large area affected by a combination of her (old) first two abilities. Basically making everyone mini energy and life generators

I have no idea what would replace the first two abilities, I just though of a unique idea to fix over-powered blessing(I don't care if she is the weakest thing in existence anything the grants team invincibility regardless of range needs to be nerfed).

Also would like suggestions on what to do with first two abilities if you support this.

A Tenno that can min-max a Trinity build to make use of Energy Vampire, Link, and Blessing to their fullest is a gifted warrior indeed. Have you cast Energy Vampire on a Prosecutor yet? No? I have. It's fantastic. The brief moments in time during high level play where Blessing sees downtime more than make up for the ability's function. If the Trinity finds itself unable to recast (which will happen more often than you might think) the entire team will be wasted due to learned complacency. I've seen it happen. Every player who has played past 45 minutes has seen it happen. Blessing is fine the way it is. All of Trinity's abilities are fine the way they are.

If Trinity gets to keep perfect, infinite range invulnerability, I want old Iron Skin, Bastille, and Snow Globe back. Also a gun that seeks out the enemy and drills into their head for a OHK every time. Also nukes. Because why should we have any semblance of balance, right? "If you don't like it, don't use it and don't complain when I do," because you'd best believe I'd abuse that level wide instagib cannon just to piss off the playerbase who stoutly resists balancing exceedingly overpowered content, like Trinity's Blessing.

The fact that one goes down instantly in high level content without Blessing active isn't justification for its existence. If it is, then let's just allow all frames to be invincible for 20 seconds at a time, then vulnerable for 2 seconds, then instantly healed and invulnerable again, since that's what gameplay consists of with a godmode-modded Trinity. How about we actually BALANCE OUT the frames and content so you don't need an utterly game breakingly powerful crutch (Blessing) to play through it at the end? So either we make everyone invincible, or no one. Can't have it on Rhino, can't have it on Frost, shouldn't have it on Trinity.

"Invincibility isn't op in a PVE game!!"

Ye old argument which I simply cannot comprehend. I agree whole heartedly with you OP, Trin deserves a rework to make her more of a support healer and less of a blessing frame.

I have previously suggested that well of life becomes an aura around trinity, pumping out life and energy as energy vampire does now, promoting teams staying together. Will also heal and give trin energy.

Also, how about reversing link to be a support skill? Cast link on an enemy, it gets lifted up like WoL now and its health increases tenfold. It links to all allies in its small radius. Linked allies take % reduced damage which is directed to the lifted enemy.

Blessing could remain the same, but invulnerability duration is set at a constant 5 seconds. Blessing can now revive downed team mates.

The new skill could be to make sure that trin can keep herself up. A skill that you can use when you are down to get yourself back up and keep aiding the team. Lifesteal, similar to how link is now, Trinity can link to a targeted enemy in range and drain their life at a % per second, quickly reviving herself. When cast when not down, the drained life simply heals trinity at a % per second.

So Why Not Get Rid Of Trinity's First Two Abilities And Change The Ultimate?

In truth this is a completely reasonable idea. She is a completely broken frame, a monstrosity of unbalance. She has link which makes he a tank (makes no sense for a healer). Her first two abilities are support but useless. Her ultimate is OP, no arguing that. Invincibility by no means should ever be in the game (think back to rage/quick thinking). On top of this she is squishy. I am not even sure what she is at this point, Oberon fills her role more by spawning health orbs and HEALING people. 

Don't touch my OP frame!!!!

or.

Make well of life focused on Trinity, she pulses with healing effect. Like an ancient healer (for extra fun, make it so it can be targeted on allies.)

Energy vampire is fine I guess.

Link, I don't like it. It doesn't really fit but I can't think of anything right now so just remove the self damage from it.

Blessing, remove the invicibility. Replace it with a large shockwave that knocks nearby enemies down and away dealing damage. Health restore effects unchanged though. I think a big green shockwave would work, lets the player know they've just been healed and blasts the nearby enemies that were killing you away so you have a bit of time to find cover/kill them.

"Invincibility isn't op in a PVE game!!"

but it makes the game dull.

I have played trinity alot the last 2 weeks, and most of the time in 40m/wave + fights... people want to leave because they are bored, there is no challenge, no reason to push themselves, and I just... want to get it over with

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

EYES ARE BLEEDING...

and I am still counting to 22 in my sleep...

When your struggling, your at min 65 and moving cover to cover, your heart is pounding in your chest because your trying to flank a commando that just RINSED your entire shields + sentinel recharge in about a second.......  you check to make sure your clip is fully reloaded, pop your head out to check.. then......

ITS FUN

Trinity "Invincibility isn't op in a PVE game!!"  makes me want to stop playing thsi PvE game and play some other game that's more fun.

Edited by Tatersail

I have played trinity alot the last 2 weeks, and most of the time in 40m/wave + fights... people want to leave because they are bored, there is no challenge, no reason to push themselves, and I just... want to get it over with

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

EYES ARE BLEEDING...

and I am still counting to 22 in my sleep...

When your struggling, your at min 65 and moving cover to cover, your heart is pounding in your chest because your trying to flank a commando that just RINSED your entire shields + sentinel recharge in about a second.......  you check to make sure your clip is fully reloaded, pop your head out to check.. then......

ITS FUN

Trinity "Invincibility isn't op in a PVE game!!"  makes me want to stop playing thsi PvE game and play some other game that's more fun.

Not sure if you read my post but I am against trinity's current blessing mode.

But I've protested it so much to no avail for so long I've given up. It's simply more interesting to think up new support kits than bait the flames.

3, 4, stugg stugg stugg,

The solution is to stop link from working on self-damage.

The solution would have to involve making link a support skill that gives damage reduction to the whole team, not just trinity.

Link isn't about damage reduction. It's about having ancient disruptors knock themselves on the floor and getting magnetised for their troubles.