Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To All New Ppl Starting The Game

-Ozymandias-

If you are reading this and you are new in the game, this is what you should NOT do:

-Don't ask people in your clan/alliance to help you farm end game gear (boltor prime for example). WTH with those rank 3 people using boltor prime?, seriously, you are going to get bored really soon...try some of the other options, explore some of the game content, you just started and you want to overkill already?

-Don't rush for nova...seriously...don't...read that WHAT IS YOUR MOST HATED WARFRAME topic and you'll find out.

-I know Rhino is the first warframe available to craft, but dont stick with it the whole time getting comfortable with iron skin on then switch to another warframe and claim that warframe sucks only because you die too fast.

-Don't expect anybody to babysit you around a void survival or defense...even if its a clan/alliance mate...and if you are a clan/alliance mate with high mastery rank, do them a favor, let them work hard to get their stuff, they are going to have fun.

I have 715 hours played and i still have fun, why?, my boltor prime is not even rank 10, i've never crafted the soma...you must think i suck, but no, i perform pretty well in any high level mission with other weapons like the Hek and Karak and warframes like Excalibur and Valkyr (no i do not spam Hysteria that is not the only usefull ability), all you need is skill, which you will acquire if you follow my advice ;)

The OP sounds more bitter than helpful.

Upon my return to the game I was newest of the new. I joined an ODD simply because I needed some material to craft... something. I forget what. (My first basic bolter, I think?)

Anyway I was practically cherry tapping enemies. One person spoke of their confusion as to why a rank 2 was let in. (I didn't even know what Mastery was at the time). However, nobody seemed to really mind as two people AoE's everything down in a couple of seconds and we went to 30 waves.

I'm just sayin'.

I need to go find out about this Nova "problem" though.

The OP sounds more bitter than helpful.

Upon my return to the game I was newest of the new. I joined an ODD simply because I needed some material to craft... something. I forget what. (My first basic bolter, I think?)

Anyway I was practically cherry tapping enemies. One person spoke of their confusion as to why a rank 2 was let in. (I didn't even know what Mastery was at the time). However, nobody seemed to really mind as two people AoE's everything down in a couple of seconds and we went to 30 waves.

I'm just sayin'.

I need to go find out about this Nova "problem" though.

there's no problem about nova as a warframe itself...just new people rushing for her and claiming all other warframes suck because they cannot go boom boom spam spam...not a problem for me tho, but they are getting bored soon, just my point of view ofc.

If you are reading this and you are new in the game, this is what you should NOT do:

-Don't ask people in your clan/alliance to help you farm end game gear (boltor prime for example). WTH with those rank 3 people using boltor prime?, seriously, you are going to get bored really soon...try some of the other options, explore some of the game content, you just started and you want to overkill already?

-Don't rush for nova...seriously...don't...read that WHAT IS YOUR MOST HATED WARFRAME topic and you'll find out.

-I know Rhino is the first warframe available to craft, but dont stick with it the whole time getting comfortable with iron skin on then switch to another warframe and claim that warframe sucks only because you die too fast.

-Don't expect anybody to babysit you around a void survival or defense...even if its a clan/alliance mate...and if you are a clan/alliance mate with high mastery rank, do them a favor, let them work hard to get their stuff, they are going to have fun.

I have 715 hours played and i still have fun, why?, my boltor prime is not even rank 10, i've never crafted the soma...you must think i suck, but no, i perform pretty well in any high level mission with other weapons like the Hek and Karak and warframes like Excalibur and Valkyr (no i do not spam Hysteria that is not the only usefull ability), all you need is skill, which you will acquire if you follow my advice ;)

690 hrs, only rank 9, never played the soma, my grataka is 5 formas ( I love this weapon :), I use all the time my bo ( before melee 2..0 I was already using it), as you, I prefer to use frame and weapons that I like and not OS everything :)

this probably explains the numbers of Novas on Venus when I was doing Venus... with owners around MR 2~5.

only noob use nova/explosive weaps, they think "oh my god, I'm so powerful" they don't understand that the pleasure of this game is doing what you want to have fun, not making def wave >60 when MR 5 :/

I think it may be worthwhile to note that just because an individual finds a particular playstyle or methodology fun, does not mean that all people find the same things fun.  

I like to do the following with new players:

1.) Help them get started with a small selection of warframes, weapons, and resources.  Doesn't mean I do the levels for them with all my best equipment, just that if necessary I will taxi them where they can get certain resources so they can farm as necessary. 

2.) Give them a base selection of mods for their chosen weapon depending on my extras. Because I think we all remember how much of a pain just getting started in this game is.

Nothing too excessive, but it does help take the suck out of just starting out.

To min/max is easy. However, the best weapon/frame may not be the best for you. Don't restrict yourself. There is no particular route to enjoyment. Try anything and everything. Don't just bought everything that can also be obtain through gameplay even if you got the money. The feeling of joy when you obtain those loot cannot be felt otherwise.

Don't forget Survival. Do not activate life support when....

1. There's plenty of life support capsules scattered on the ground.

2. Life support is at 98%

DO NOT...

3. Run off from allies if you're going to go down a lot

4. Quickly head to extraction if you could last longer 5 min - There's a Void Key if you can make it to 15 min

DO...

5. Stay near your allies (same as 3)

6. Activate life support 45 - 50%

7. NOTE: Life support restores about 30%

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Survival

Edited by (PS4)truelight4u

690 hrs, only rank 9, never played the soma, my grataka is 5 formas ( I love this weapon :), I use all the time my bo ( before melee 2..0 I was already using it), as you, I prefer to use frame and weapons that I like and not OS everything :)

amen to that :)

and BO ftw!

I think it may be worthwhile to note that just because an individual finds a particular playstyle or methodology fun, does not mean that all people find the same things fun.  

I like to do the following with new players:

1.) Help them get started with a small selection of warframes, weapons, and resources.  Doesn't mean I do the levels for them with all my best equipment, just that if necessary I will taxi them where they can get certain resources so they can farm as necessary. 

2.) Give them a base selection of mods for their chosen weapon depending on my extras. Because I think we all remember how much of a pain just getting started in this game is.

Nothing too excessive, but it does help take the suck out of just starting out.

indeed a little help and nothing too excessive...unfortunately, my old clan was full of new people getting help from vets to farm Boltor prime and such, trading rare as f***k mods (they still need to farm the resources and cores tho)...overall, i think new people need encouragement to play the game and get their own stuff and enjoy doing it.

Don't forget Survival. Do not activate life support when....

1. There's plenty of life support capsules scattered on the ground.

2. Life support is at 98%

DO NOT...

3. Run off from allies if you're going to go down a lot

4. Quickly head to extraction if you could last longer 5 min - There's a Void Key if you can make it to 15 min

DO...

5. Stay near your allies (same as 3)

6. Activate life support 45 - 50%

7. NOTE: Life support restores about 30%

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Survival

THIS