Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Lex Prime...

achromos

Question

Its... decent.

Not total garbage, but not amazingly overpowered either. 

In comparison to the Marelok, it's a LOT more accurate, but only deals ~60% of the damage. Fortunately a large portion of the base damage is puncture, so that helps, but its still inferior for straight dps. Firing rates are similar as are uptime, with a larger clip but slower reload.

Basically it better fills the role of marksman pistol than the Marelok, with a slightly higher average headshot modifier and a much more accurate spread at distance. 

Very nice feedback! Can you compare it to the brakk too? I can't decide if I want to farm for it at this point.

Lex was one of my favorites so I jumped right on it and forma'd it several times. Feels good. Firing rate / recoil are still meaningful in how you use it (unlike Boltor Prime which is darn near hitscan and has crazy accuracy compared to Boltor) but they're much more friendly and feel real good.

WIth the right build I can two shot anything in the Pluto contested solar rail missions except Rhino (headshots on the specters), and I need to pop the specters again when they're down alot of times. And that's with one mod for reload speed.

I wish it reloaded a little faster honestly. With both reload speed mods it feels about right. I wish it had that speed with just one of them, and then it'd be perfect, but if it were perfect that'd probably mean it was OP. Or that my loadout didn't save and I still had Marelok on.

right build huh? care to share?

right build huh? care to share?

I just meant the right elements. I'm still playing with my build.

Two shot kills on moa and specter headshots are pretty standard for anything I try stacked mag/toxic, though.

I like to go Stunning Speed and I like to bring Ice Storm instead of Deep Freeze for the mag size, but if I do both I start to need three hits on moa sometimes which, if I get a string of bad luck, means the mag size didn't really help.

If I min-max with Deep Freeze, Convulsion, Jolt, Pistol Pestilence and Pathogen Rounds (no reload) I start to actually one shot moas with good rolls, but the combat rate of fire is terribad and I have to use a power of some kind for every other fight to buy time.

Trying to find the right spot int he middle, and I'm thinking about Crit because 44% with 180% multishot is not too bad for consistency when combined with a decent proc rate from stunning speed and/or jolt, and crit headshots get extra bonuses that will help kill the heavier specters in two headshots.

Edited by VKhaun

I just meant the right elements. I'm still playing with my build.

Two shot kills on moa and specter headshots are pretty standard for anything I try stacked mag/toxic, though.

I like to go Stunning Speed and I like to bring Ice Storm instead of Deep Freeze for the mag size, but if I do both I start to need three hits on moa sometimes which, if I get a string of bad luck, means the mag size didn't really help.

If I min-max with Deep Freeze, Convulsion, Jolt, Pistol Pestilence and Pathogen Rounds (no reload) I start to actually one shot moas with good rolls, but the combat rate of fire is terribad and I have to use a power of some kind for every other fight to buy time.

Trying to find the right spot int he middle, and I'm thinking about Crit because 44% with 180% multishot is not too bad for consistency when combined with a decent proc rate from stunning speed and/or jolt, and crit headshots get extra bonuses that will help kill the heavier specters in two headshots.

interesting stuff.

interesting stuff.

I like this one best. I'll look at DPSFrame.com when they add Lex Prime, but I'm pretty sure I'm keeping this one for contested rails on Pluto... not that this is something I plan to do constantly, just happened to be doing that tonight.

Hornet Strike / Barrel Diffusion / Lethal Torrent / Deep Freeze

Convulsion / Pathogen Rounds / Pistol Gambit / Stunning Speed

The consistency on crit is not as good as I'd like, but if you go for proc rate consistency the magnetic only hurts shields, so if you get the proc on shot 2 it doesn't really help you at all. At least with a crit you always get extra and a headshot is extra-extra.

I want to take back what I said about two shotting specters with headshots. Having played more runs tonight with more builds, I see that the Specters have a great deal of variation to them, plus they strafe and block at times. Valkyr specters are so darn tanky I feel like I'm shooting at a boss. o.O

I like this one best. I'll look at DPSFrame.com when they add Lex Prime, but I'm pretty sure I'm keeping this one for contested rails on Pluto... not that this is something I plan to do constantly, just happened to be doing that tonight.

Hornet Strike / Barrel Diffusion / Lethal Torrent / Deep Freeze

Convulsion / Pathogen Rounds / Pistol Gambit / Stunning Speed

The consistency on crit is not as good as I'd like, but if you go for proc rate consistency the magnetic only hurts shields, so if you get the proc on shot 2 it doesn't really help you at all. At least with a crit you always get extra and a headshot is extra-extra.

I want to take back what I said about two shotting specters with headshots. Having played more runs tonight with more builds, I see that the Specters have a great deal of variation to them, plus they strafe and block at times. Valkyr specters are so darn tanky I feel like I'm shooting at a boss. o.O

lol

is there a big gap between 40 and 60 percent dmg?

lol

is there a big gap between 40 and 60 percent dmg?

With a crit headshot, yeah. I'm always afraid to talk mechanics because I don't keep up with them and this may have been fixed, but it's been explained to me in the past that critical hits that are also headshots get an 'extra' bonus. It's not just crit damage multiplied by the headshot mod, it actually gets a bigger multiplier for some reason.

If I was not using Pistol Gambit I wouldn't really care and I'd go Ice Storm for the mag size to improve how much damage I could put out without reloading in the hopes of not getting stuck with an empty mag and something trying to kill me, but with crit that number could translate to a lot less on an individual headshot and I can't reliably put every bullet in the face of a strafing, animating and crouching Tenno Specter to get the DPS back with multiple shots.

Edited by VKhaun

Adding just Pistol Gambit, without any other crit mods, is a 20% damage increase.

It also increases the average headshot damage multiplier from 2.4x to 2.88, or another 20% increase. (this is not a linear relationship, just coincidence)

So making headshots, Pistol Gambit is an average of 44% more damage. Better than the 30% from Expel or the 18-28% from another element, but ONLY if you headshot fairly consistently.

Edit: I would always take Ice Storm over Deep Freeze. It's only a 5.89% damage loss, but increases sustained DPS by 5.46%.

While that would seem to be about equivalent, the damage loss is only cold damage, while the sustained increase includes the innate puncture damage and whatever +75% element you've modded to include, so IMO its much more valuable.

Edited by Darzk