Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Lex Prime...

achromos

Question

Lex was one of my favorites so I jumped right on it and forma'd it several times. Feels good. Firing rate / recoil are still meaningful in how you use it (unlike Boltor Prime which is darn near hitscan and has crazy accuracy compared to Boltor) but they're much more friendly and feel real good.

WIth the right build I can two shot anything in the Pluto contested solar rail missions except Rhino (headshots on the specters), and I need to pop the specters again when they're down alot of times. And that's with one mod for reload speed.

I wish it reloaded a little faster honestly. With both reload speed mods it feels about right. I wish it had that speed with just one of them, and then it'd be perfect, but if it were perfect that'd probably mean it was OP. Or that my loadout didn't save and I still had Marelok on.

Edited by VKhaun

@Sibarian

The reload is long.The gun isnt 100% accurate(i aimed alot time for heads for the affinity reward and it doesnt count most times).It shoots slow.Low magazine size.Damage yeah its ok but not impressive.

There are alot better guns out there like the Marelok when you like Pistols.

Only very good thing about that gun is the design.It looks very good.

Edited by K0bra

Lex was one of my favorites so I jumped right on it and forma'd it several times. Feels good. Firing rate / recoil are still meaningful in how you use it (unlike Boltor Prime which is darn near hitscan and has crazy accuracy compared to Boltor) but they're much more friendly and feel real good.

WIth the right build I can two shot anything in the Pluto contested solar rail missions except Rhino (headshots on the specters), and I need to pop the specters again when they're down alot of times. And that's with one mod for reload speed.

I wish it reloaded a little faster honestly. With both reload speed mods it feels about right. I wish it had that speed with just one of them, and then it'd be perfect, but if it were perfect that'd probably mean it was OP. Or that my loadout didn't save and I still had Marelok on.

I guess I could give it a shot, though the 10 orokin cells really bite .-.  Oh well!  More mastery rank for me  xD.

Yes. It fires faster than both Lex and Aklex and has more damage and faster reload speed than the Aklex. The only thing Aklex has on Lex Prime is 12 bullets per magazine vs 8 bullets per magazine, and I actually prefer the 8 higher-damage bullets + faster reload because it feels much more balanced.

I'd wait until Aklex Prime before considering a potato, but maxed Hornet Strike + Multishot on this thing makes it pretty good even without one.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Its... decent.

Not total garbage, but not amazingly overpowered either. 

In comparison to the Marelok, it's a LOT more accurate, but only deals ~60% of the damage. Fortunately a large portion of the base damage is puncture, so that helps, but its still inferior for straight dps. Firing rates are similar as are uptime, with a larger clip but slower reload.

Basically it better fills the role of marksman pistol than the Marelok, with a slightly higher average headshot modifier and a much more accurate spread at distance. 

Thanks for the post, its quite encouraging to know that it is effective in midish level gameplay ^_^