Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Door Heroes

YourBusDriver

Door heroes happen...

The problem is a combination of a bunch of different things.

Sometimes the player is ignorant

Sometimes the player is overzealous or is fixated on being number 1 in the damage roll-up.

Sometimes there is a player using aoe weaponry/skills to guard the pod and not letting anyone else do any work... So that player hits a hallway to make himself feel useful.

Sometime the defense mission isn't equal to the level of the player and they want to clear the waves as quickly as possible.

Is it a good or acceptable thing? No.

Fighting near the pod has a ton of benefits including quick item drop acquisition, quick revives, fast elimination of the tougher enemies, and more xp generation.

But that doesn't mean there aren't reasons for it.

The best way to resolve the issue would be to:

Remove the Damage percentage roll-up at the end of a mission and award mission grades instead (S, A, B, C, D, P, F) Allow multiple members to be able to achieve the same grade and make damage a small factor of the grade.

Another good way to resolve it would be to add a xp or resource boost on enemies killed while the player is near the pod. Apply a multiplier for the number of players near the pod.

Hecka yes! That would be awesome! Try posting this in feedback! 

leech and do nothing

if they get downed T-bag them until they rage

and as well to attempt at telling em to stay with the group if not take screenshot and report em afterward when ur done trolling with them

if they want to continue then let the team say go on last 2 sec switch to exit

I just read, "if they get downed T-bag them until they rage"

I'm now taking pain killers for my sides.

Edited by YourBusDriver

Its not about difficulty. You totally missing the point. Why did you think everyone join co-ops because they can't handle the content solo? I choose to play online just as you choose to solo, despite how ridiculous I think you're for trying to play a single player in a game that's actively advertise as co-ops. It's your choice. I can solo T3 survival to 40 minute with little issue but I choose to share my key from time to time. It's more fun playing that way. IF you can't respect that, I had nothing more to said to you.

Share all the keys!

T3 defense, a door hero Frost camp at the door (the one far away from pod)

He camped there and so no globe around the pod. It would be fine until 33 level. We still able to hold it but he couldnt. He had to keep deploying globe half way back to the pod...and he refused to come to the pod...we arent that nicely at that point as we asked him since wave 15. He then calling us b***hes and disconnected himself...and we left at 35

Not to mention lots of non team work player come back as U13 + Easter holiday is the perfect timing to come back.

Edited by ExorcistEX

T3 defense, a door hero Frost camp at the door (the one far away from pod)

He camped there and so no globe around the pod. It would be fine until 33 level. We still able to hold it but he couldnt. He had to keep deploying globe half way back to the pod...and he refused to come to the pod...we arent that nicely at that point as we asked him since wave 15. He then calling us b***hes and disconnected himself...and we left at 35

Not to mention lots of non team work player come back as U13 + Easter holiday is the perfect timing to come back.

Rage quit, lol.

I posted this on another tread:

My solution to this problem, not a punishment system, but a system that alerts/informs the player/s of what they are missing out.

7s2ugmi.jpg

Obviously it focus on the part were both the squad and the door heros aren't winning shared xp, but theres also the part were the door hero kills all the fun for the remaining squad, and also the fact door heros aren't taking in mind the objective.

You actually got the Rhino Prime Chasis? I've been playing for weeks trying to get that thing!

Share your thoughts, and opinions on the Warframe phenomena of "door heroes".  

Though I am not a "door hero", I really don't care what they do.  Doesn't prevent me from progressing.   I would like to ask why DE made the game in such a way that we all have to be close-by to get the exp.  I mean, why not grant exp from anywhere on the map?  Just wondering.

Though I am not a "door hero", I really don't care what they do.  Doesn't prevent me from progressing.   I would like to ask why DE made the game in such a way that we all have to be close-by to get the exp.  I mean, why not grant exp from anywhere on the map?  Just wondering.

Close proximity exp share is to prevent "total carries". Basically, without the current system, any player could join a game, wait at the spawn, and not even play through the level. At the end, even though the inactive player hasn't done anything that player would still get affinity.

See what I mean?

Edited by YourBusDriver

Close proximity exp share is to prevent "total carries". Basically, without the current system, any player could join a game, wait at the spawn, and not even play through the level. At the end, even though the inactive player hasn't done anything that player would still get affinity.

See what I mean?

Yes, somewhat.  I think I understand better now.

Enable friendly fire against door heroes; deliver vigilante justice everywhere needed. Build more intuitive non-door hero'ing players in the end.

(Oh, how I wish this could actually be a thing...)

Edited by Trowicia

Personally, I don't even understand the terms 'door hero' or 'rusher'.

My best understanding of those two terms is detailed as follows.

Door hero: A 'real man' wannabe badass, who runs into the fray of combat during defense missions and kills every mob in an emerging spawn crowd while his teammates hold his $&*^ for him, by protecting the cryopod.

Rusher: Runs through every exterminate mission he joins at light speed, all the while screaming 'my experience will pierce the heavens' and kills everything in the map, outrunning his teammates in the process and taking the experience for himself.

I had a discussion with another guy about the fact that he constitutes both of these things and his response was something to this effect: "So what if I kill everything? If those noobs can't keep up with me, that's their fault. I always do the most the damage and get the most kills in any party I'm in and I always end up carrying a bunch of leeching slobs, who do nothing but whine about my Rhino. I'm the best, I should get the most experience. I can solo the whole game anyway and the only time I ever form a party is during T3 missions, just to include people for the drops, out of the goodness of my heart. If they're too weak, that's their fault, isn't it?"

He's a bit of a douchebag, but that's beside the point.

I typically solo because I've never been a team player and don't really care to put up with peoples' criticism, when all I'm trying to do is have a bit of fun. 

This guy does the same sort of thing, but when I do have to party with people, I typically go along to get along.

I loathe the idiotic discussion about playing within the lines that arises whenever I disobey the established gameplay norms of any MMO community, so it's easier and more fun for me overall to avoid invoking the impotent rage of these sorts by playing by their rules and laughing when their strategies fail, despite everyone's adherence to them.

Takes the fun out of any game I play, to have to hear some self-righteous ninny prattle on about how his strategy is clearly superior and about how I'm some kind of dense S#&$head for not defaulting to it sooner, so I simply slough the responsibility of decision-making off on the most arrogant member of my team and let them take the blame for the team's failure, should they be wrong, by following their instructions and giving them the helm.

Does this make me an A******?

Of course it does.

Regardless, my brand of douchebaggery is not what's on the cutting board here and I digress.

Are the definitions I supplied above for each of those terms accurate, or have I misunderstood them?

Before you ask, no, I wasn't able to find any definition for those terms anywhere in this thread, despite the numerous requests for them, which is why I'm still quite curious.

Edited by Morgenzier

Personally, I don't even understand the terms 'door hero' or 'rusher'.

My best understanding of those two terms is detailed as follows.

I agree with you, the problem with "Door heroes/rushers" though, is not that they do not have the right to do it, off course they do, the problem is that they constitude the most explicit and basic example of stupidity, because the problem is the following:

Regular player:

"Hey dude if we all stay close we all get more experience and more loot"

Airhead doorhero/rusher:

"I DONT CARE I WANT TO KILL EVERYTHING FASTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE IM A SAD BASTARD WHO NEEDS TO BE ON TOP ON A MEANINGLESS CHART AT THE END OF THE MISSION EVEN THOUGH THIS MAKES THE WHOLE RUN LESS EFFICIENT BEING FIRST IN THIS NONSENSE CHART GIVES ME THE HAPPINESS I AM MISSING IN MY REAL LIFE!"

(the real door hero would say something like "i dont care i play the way i want" or "if u cant keep up play solo, loser!", but i took the liberty to translate from their language as you can read above)

And that is the problem.

If doorheroing would not have a negative impact in the whole team i would not give one single tiny fck about this, but doorhering is not only annoying, actually in my personal opinion is not even annoying, it is indisputably just self sabotage, and indirect sabotage to the team.

Edited by Orbister

I agree with you, the problem with "Door heroes/rushers" though, is not that they do not have the right to do it, off course they do, the problem is that they constitude the most explicit and basic example of stupidity, because the problem is the following:

Regular player:

"Hey dude if we all stay close we all get more experience and more loot"

Airhead doorhero/rusher:

"I DONT CARE I WANT TO KILL EVERYTHING FASTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE IM A SAD BASTARD WHO NEEDS TO BE ON TOP ON A MEANINGLESS CHART AT THE END OF THE MISSION EVEN THOUGH THIS MAKES THE WHOLE RUN LESS EFFICIENT BEING FIRST IN THIS NONSENSE CHART GIVES ME THE HAPPINESS I AM MISSING IN MY REAL LIFE!"

(the real door hero would say something like "i dont care i play the way i want" or "if u cant keep up play solo, loser!", but i took the liberty to translate from their language as you can read above)

And that is the problem.

If doorheroing would not have a negative impact in the whole team i would not give one single tiny fck about this, but doorhering is not only annoying, actually in my personal opinion is not even annoying, it is indisputably just self sabotage, and indirect sabotage to the team.

I am sorry but those "door heroes/rushers" have actually all the rights to do it IF they can handle what they are doing. Me as an example when I door hero I don't do it like other door heroes I run across the map as fast as I can to kill everything before it is in sight of the pod/artifact, if people complain they need to stop trying to leech my kills and fight too. 

I also happen to "rush" sometimes but that is expected when there is mods to make you faster since I don't want to take 20-40 minutes for a capture mission or exterminate mission I prefer to get it done in less than 10 minutes. 

Edit:In my opinion leeches are worse than door heroes because they complain about not getting XP. 

Edited by Zarbain

I am sorry but those "door heroes/rushers" have actually all the rights to do it IF they can handle what they are doing...

Finally we agree Zarbain, team work is not about weakness it is about playing smart, i also can rush ahead and solo all the content, because actually the game's p2p code kinda sucks and i have a lot of trouble forming parties, so i just solo everything i can, which is most if not all of the game, and i admit that i rush when i fight bosses, not because i want to be the first but because i want to do it fast, if i kill the boss alone i put a waypoint over loot so the other players can loot too, and i can't stand leechers either, i think i despise leechers as much as door heroes, but in most cases leechers will not F*** your affinity, at least in defense missions.

Edited by Orbister

I hate them, have hated from the day it became a thing and now, thanks to the added shield, clear health values and other systems, it has become a really bad problem to the players who would like to play the mode properly. It is not that any player couldn't go out there and kill everything. It is as easy as walk in the park but it is not about that. It was not how it was meant to be played. Well, what can DE do about it?

Hard question. By making the core fragile, you would surely force everyone to stay there but in very high, 2 hour defenses it would screw up the players completely, though one could argue that it never was even meant to go there. Whether or not DE planned that is another debate for another time. My own suggestion once was to add turrets there that would decimate Warframes easily but would automatically be destroyed once objective is completed and another one is available, and once you start new timer, they would  deploy new ones until the timer is out, yet again.  Very artificial but still better than what we now have.

Of course, then there are the experience and reward locations that you could only get them near the objective but it could limit the gameplay too much and players would feel like they are in a prison since it is useless to go anywhere else. One thing would be to add even more doors into the game and make the system smart in a way that once the game notices that AI is getting killed almost immediately, it would then spawn the AI from completely different location. This however, will only slow door heroes down a bit and is imperfect solution to the problem.

There has been many suggestion to the problem but each of them possess problems that are hard to counter. Something should be done by DE, but I have no idea what that is to fight against this incredibly selfish behavior.

I hate them, have hated from the day it became a thing and now, thanks to the added shield, clear health values and other systems, it has become a really bad problem to the players who would like to play the mode properly. It is not that any player couldn't go out there and kill everything. It is as easy as walk in the park but it is not about that. It was not how it was meant to be played. Well, what can DE do about it?

Hard question. By making the core fragile, you would surely force everyone to stay there but in very high, 2 hour defenses it would screw up the players completely, though one could argue that it never was even meant to go there. Whether or not DE planned that is another debate for another time. My own suggestion once was to add turrets there that would decimate Warframes easily but would automatically be destroyed once objective is completed and another one is available, and once you start new timer, they would  deploy new ones until the timer is out, yet again.  Very artificial but still better than what we now have.

Of course, then there are the experience and reward locations that you could only get them near the objective but it could limit the gameplay too much and players would feel like they are in a prison since it is useless to go anywhere else. One thing would be to add even more doors into the game and make the system smart in a way that once the game notices that AI is getting killed almost immediately, it would then spawn the AI from completely different location. This however, will only slow door heroes down a bit and is imperfect solution to the problem.

There has been many suggestion to the problem but each of them possess problems that are hard to counter. Something should be done by DE, but I have no idea what that is to fight against this incredibly selfish behavior.

I have two objections here; first of all is that point of "It was not how it was meant to be played." since if it wasn't how it was supposed to work it wouldn't work. Almost every way that people are thinking of to fix this "Problem" is also highly exploit-able and leads to more problems, especially a reputation/punishment system.

And for the second objection is that adding more doors, if this was a serious thought then you clearly didn't think it out, Adding more doors just makes the game have more and more glitches of the door relations, hell even one of the Saturn defenses already has a glitch where one of the doors only the top open and nothing can get through, furthermore it would also slow the game down heavily and make it too easy because all the enemies would be arriving in a very low volume. 
Edited by Zarbain

I have two objections here; first of all is that point of "It was not how it was meant to be played." since if it wasn't how it was supposed to work it wouldn't work. Almost every way that people are thinking of to fix this "Problem" is also highly exploit-able and leads to more problems, especially a reputation/punishment system.

And for the second objection is that adding more doors, if this was a serious thought then you clearly didn't think it out, Adding more doors just makes the game have more and more glitches of the door relations, hell even one of the Saturn defenses already has a glitch where one of the doors only the top open and nothing can get through, furthermore it would also slow the game down heavily and make it too easy because all the enemies would be arriving in a very low volume. 

You comment = you did not read them trough with thought. Yes, I mentioned both the fact that whether or not it was intended that way, I do not know and as long as it is there, might as well be intentional. Second of all I also wrote the reasons why the suggestions that players have come up are all also flawed and that there is no perfect solution though DE should do something about the problem sooner or later.. Your comment would be unnecessary if you would have read them trough but alas, you didn't.

MMOs are built around socialization. Would you befriend/marry/trust a random stranger? Then why would you play with a random stranger? Join a friggin clan within your region and say no to random matchmaking.

Matchmaking is the worst thing to happen to MMO. It destroy the social part of a MMO, bringing the game down to a single player game with AIs (what was the last time you actively talked to someone in a random match unless he was annoying the S#&$ out of you?)

Edited by TsukiSui