Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 3 Bows

(PSN)x35_DOuBLeTReYx

Question

14 answers to this question

I don't wanna play backseat builder, but I wouldn't go pure Gas agaisnt Infested. It's got great multipliers against enemies that you will never need those multipliers to kill. I've found Corrosive to be better for Infested, as Disruptors and Toxic Ancients are the things that need to die. But it shouldn't really matter until you get to the point where you stop wasting so much damage overkilling single targets with the bows. (Not a criticism, just something that happens to all of them)

I run my Cernos almost the same way as you, except I traded Critical Delay for Infected Clip to gain Magnetic/Toxin.

Cernos doesn't "always crit" making it a pretty poor bow compared to dread and paris prime.

Dread and paris prime are pretty much identical, but Dread will do more damage if you get a Slash proc.

Hammer shot is a damage loss vs Bane or even Cryo rounds.

the argument about Paris prime vs dread damage type is kinda silly when the non elemental only counts for less than 1/3 of the total damage.

and yea, Gas vs infested is mostly pointless since you will Overkill light infested by a massive amount, then struggle with Ancients which are the real threat.  Corrosive vs infested for 75% bonus vs Ancients

I also wouldn't use Pure Magnetic against corpus but that's personal choice.

Edited by Tatersail

the argument about Paris prime vs dread damage type is kinda silly when the non elemental only counts for less than 1/3 of the total damage.

^^ 100x this. I once read the best argument: it's all down to personal preference -- do you prefer seeing your enemies cut in half, or pinned to the wall?

Guest Shibboleet

In normal casual play there isn't need for an argument, but in min/maxing the Dread will always come out on top.

Cernos doesn't "always crit" making it a pretty poor bow compared to dread and paris prime.

Dread and paris prime are pretty much identical, but Dread will do more damage if you get a Slash proc.

Hammer shot is a damage loss vs Bane or even Cryo rounds.

and yea, Gas vs infested is mostly pointless since you will Overkill light infested by a massive amount, then struggle with Ancients which are the real threat.  Corrosive vs infested for 75% bonus vs Ancients

I also wouldn't use Pure Magnetic against corpus but that's personal choice.

The reason it doesn't always crit is because with just point strike it's 87.5 but add critical delay to it and it's 100

Guest Shibboleet

The reason it doesn't always crit is because with just point strike it's 87.5 but add critical delay to it and it's 100

Rough math in my head says this is big damage loss. For one you're replacing an elemental mod and losing 90% modified base damage, and for two you are slowing down the speed at which you shoot.

Guest Shibboleet

Which is countered with speed trigger

I don't think that the loss in speed trigger speed + the 3500 elemental damage (after a crit) is worth 12.5% chance to crit. Even if it doesn't crit, which would be rare, speed trigger alone would make up for the time to fire another shot to crit.

Though I'd never use the Cernos for anything.

Edited by Shibboleet

- do you prefer seeing your enemies cut in half, or pinned to the wall?

these days, Cut in half means 2x more, Beacons, Stances, New melee mods from Desecrate spam, so Dread is a clear winner here :)

Cernos looks really cool, that must count towards using it.