Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tripple Hp, Not Tripple The Fun!

Kdansky

Attention all whiners, we ask that you please try to solo either pluto or eris (or really any area outside of mercury and venus for that matter), before posting here about how the game is now too easy.

Additionally the Devs have already stated their intention to rebalance health and shield mods in future updates, as well as make later game enemies more leathal.

Remember kids, this game is still in beta and sweeping design changes will be common place until DE is happy with the final product.

Seriously. This can't be said enough. The passives were just the first step in the process and all this has been said in the each new thread that pops up about this. Yet people still complain as if this is final and nothing is going to change anymore.

don't you understand that he is trying to say that after maxing things out its too easy for everyone? and what do you mean by not level them? whats the mod for? its meant for you to level as you go, its not a excuse to ask people to stop leveling their mods to find it "challenging" i find it pretty selffish to ask people to stop doing things when they are meant to do it, i really find iron skin useless when you have a 1.2k to block for you. yes we know that the devs are going to make the game harder next time. this is our opinion don't go round turning off others intrest in the game, try to encourage them i would say.

look at every single level the same whole thing just diffrent goals all you do is run around shooting and slashing while tanking, no new moves man i don't see players using wallrun to do flashy moves if its meant to be a "action game" all i see is charging striaght and slash. action games are fast paced i know but that does'nt give you the rights to say its a meant to have a 1.2k(godlike) shield to charge. all we want is a retweaked and yes we "know" that its going to change as i said its our own opinion for now so encourage players and give them hope

cheers

"What's the mod for?" Ergh...well the point of mods are to make you stronger. You know, the thing you are complaining about? So I offered the suggestion that if you feel like you are too strong, don't level your mods? Right? That's pretty hardcore.

I find it pretty selfish that you don't take into consideration that the passive change is only the first step in the process to retooling the entire "end game" and think that because you can 1 shot everything in mercury and stand in a group of 20 enemies without dieing that this represents how the game is going to continue to be in the future.

Seriously guys? Think beyond right now. DE has said hp and shield mods are going to change. They've said they are going to make the game harder. What more do you guys want?

Edited by f3llyn

1. The current mods is probably going to be retired soon, big nerf hammer is coming.

2. Enemies with higher lethality is coming.

3. Higher level mission still offers good challenge. When you feel there's not enough challenge, venture into Eris or Pluto to test your mettle.

4. Passive means you don't have to take these two mods into your builds anymore. Rush, marathon, focus, flow and other mods are available.

5. More mods will be released in 'season'. This patch/update is a first step of balancing and introducing new mod system.

Diablo 3 flashback! Play through the game three times on baby mode to unlock the actual game!

I'm not going to bore myself through many dozen more missions in the hope that it will get "as good as it was before the patch" again. That's way too frustrating (and also boring).

So you don't want to play the harder levels of the game because "that's boring" and you're complaining that the earlier levels of the game are too easy when using a max level frame because that is also boring.

0.o

If you don't want to play harder levels then you have no right to complain about the game's difficulty. End of story.

I, for one, wouldn't mind to see the vitalty stats drop. Not as dar as they used to be, but still down. I do want to keep the "Level up your frame, get more HP/Shields/Energy", just less of it. BUT! Only if they also patch some knockback/interupt issues. Too many times I've had a fully charged blow and been halfway through the animation when some Charger or Shield Lancer knocks me out of it. I mean, come on!

Unlocking mods, increasing mod slots, leveling up mods, unlocking guns, crafting frames, leveling up frames, and leveling up guns wasn't enough leveing up stuff for you?

No. There should be a tangible benefit from levelling up irrespective of whether the RNG has decided to give you good mods or not.

As for difficulty: The game went from "somewhat hard" to "easier than WoW". Have you seen anyone go down or even die since the patch? Because I haven't. If you equip zero defensive mods AND make a decent number of major mistakes in quick succession, it might be possible to get killed. Losing once in a blue moon isn't a decent game. Imagine you beat Super Mario on your very first try because three lives are plenty.

I've seen plenty of people go down, some of them even dying. Indeed, I've gone down and died during some particularly dicey high level missions. I also run with shield boost, health boost, shield regen rate, and armor with my level 30 excalibur.

Edit: By "high level", I mean places like Pluto or Eris. Places where everything is level 30+ and two grineer troopers left unmolested can eat through 400+ units of shielding in a matter of moments.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Hmm i thought this was a place to post your feedback, not a place where fan boys gets to defend their points, people are not complaining and WE are very well aware of the fact that this is not final state of the game.

However i see it to be important to state my view of things since this is why im part of a beta, i dont really care for fanboys defensive + offensive answers.

If someone whines like a spoiled brat, just overlook the post geez....

Edited by Feddy

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the passive buffs either. Maybe if they made sense lore-wise, I would feel differently. for example, after spendng so many hours in combat, a tenno would recieve passive buffs to maybe stamina, and max energy. Or, like it is now, you learn the combat arts better through mods!! I dont see how "leveling up" could teach you how to take a bullet in the face any better than before.

I can understand the need for passive HP and shield buffs for higher level players who will do higher level mssions, but simply multiplying the statistics bsed on tiers is the wrong way to go. The challenges should be more intense gameplay-wise, not stat-crunching wise. When playig a Serious Sam game, the same enemies have the same HP and damage stats at the end of the game as they did at the beginning of the game. The difference is in the intensity!!

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the passive buffs either. Maybe if they made sense lore-wise, I would feel differently. for example, after spendng so many hours in combat, a tenno would recieve passive buffs to maybe stamina, and max energy. Or, like it is now, you learn the combat arts better through mods!! I dont see how "leveling up" could teach you how to take a bullet in the face any better than before.

I can understand the need for passive HP and shield buffs for higher level players who will do higher level mssions, but simply multiplying the statistics bsed on tiers is the wrong way to go. The challenges should be more intense gameplay-wise, not stat-crunching wise. When playig a Serious Sam game, the same enemies have the same HP and damage stats at the end of the game as they did at the beginning of the game. The difference is in the intensity!!

Serious Sam is also not a game built on leveling-up things. This game has significant action-RPG elements and if you're doing an action RPG you can't just have your stats stay completely unchanged between 'start' and '100 hours later'. It's the basic Skinner Box concept, wherein you have some tangible reward for investing your time in, that being 'level ups that give you some stuff'.

Edited by MJ12

I agree with what the majority of people are saying: the major increase to everyone's defense without altering, at the same time, the level and enemy difficulty to compensate was kinda bad. My friends who have only hp mods, not shield mods, can more or less tank monsters in any planet as squishies without much consequence. I hope this next patch comes out real soon because I'm getting to wave 30 on defense missions with really bad pugs which should never happen. Ever.

Im just curious if these little buttercups with 3 forums posts who make topics like thus have gone to hades or equivelant planet with their "invunerable" warframe and tested their mettle there.

Just remember pumpkin much harder planets are going to surface and ur little "invunerable" warframe is going to get crapped all over if you're trying to solo as a glass cannon.

~ caio

Im just curious if these little buttercups with 3 forums posts who make topics like thus have gone to hades or equivelant planet with their "invunerable" warframe and tested their mettle there.

Just remember pumpkin much harder planets are going to surface and ur little "invunerable" warframe is going to get crapped all over if you're trying to solo as a glass cannon.

~ caio

I'm wondering if they even managed to make it past Venus.

Because Lv15-25 guys are chewing through 50-60 shields per burst, for single mooks. Not heavies. Mooks. At level 20ish.

Play Pluto or Eris and come back and say this is valid.

I did; with a level 30 supercharged weapon as Loki, I blew through the missions like it was nothing on Pluto, although I have yet to test the boss out in that region. As long as you aren't stupid and running into the middle of a huge group of mobs, you can kill them with ease.

Edited by touchmyoldsnake

I did; with a level 30 supercharged weapon as Loki, I blew through the missions like it was nothing on Pluto, although I have yet to test the boss out in that region. As long as you aren't stupid and running into the middle of a huge group of mobs, you can kill them with ease.

It makes just as much sense for a 'frames stats to improve by spending hours in combat as it does for its "mod slots" to increase. Just think of it as the Tenno being able to harness more of the 'frame's "true capabilities" after more familiarity with it. That, or the Lotus just does it to reward you, considering the whole advanced space aliens deal. She can do what she wants.

Edited by TheTenthDoc