Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse And Grineer.

HasuShiro

So.
The eclipse, a dominant clan that has the capability to rule all the solar rails.

The Grineer, a dominant faction that is trying to enforce their will on everyone else.

Yet one is the most hated faction, while the other is the most liked.

Funny how that works, right?

What's your opinion about this crap?

Edited by ShiroiHasu

What the hell is all this Eclipse love/hate about, they are in control of 8 sectors, out of 26... yes it's a lot for a single alliance, but to call that "Eclipse dominance"? You guys are watching too many movies

Pretty much this.

It is amusing, honestly, to see anyone actually bothered by Eclipse enough to mention it here. It's like the very definition of being all bark and no bite.

If people are bothered by Eclipse territory they should get good and kick Eclipse off a node or two. If they can't then they don't deserve the spot as much as Eclipse.

That is just how Dark Sectors work.

Pretty much this.

It is amusing, honestly, to see anyone actually bothered by Eclipse enough to mention it here. It's like the very definition of being all bark and no bite.

If people are bothered by Eclipse territory they should get good and kick Eclipse off a node or two. If they can't then they don't deserve the spot as much as Eclipse.

inb4butthurt comments about dominance, imbalance and stuff.

But people should know, eclipse members work without a single battle pay to defend their own nodes.

If your clan / alliance just isn't that dedicated, nothing can be done at all.

The reason to post this twice?

Two posts? are you drunk?

What the hell is all this Eclipse love/hate about, they are in control of 8 sectors, out of 26... yes it's a lot for a single alliance, but to call that "Eclipse dominance"? You guys are watching too many movies

Pretty much this.

It seems you two are misunderstanding my intentions entirely..

This post was meant as a joke aswell as the fact, that I keep hear people whining about eclipse being as they are right now. Which makes me want to punch people in the face.

But hey, perhaps I should add a sentence, like "What's your opinion about this crap?" for people to comprehend my intentions.

Yeah, let's do that.

Edited by ShiroiHasu

I dont have anything against eclipse, they are doing the right thing, capitalizing on 1 or 2 open dark sectors with 20-30% tax while everything else is under siege and use the money collected to pay 5-8K prizes for defending their rails, I say its win win

I dont have anything against eclipse, they are doing the right thing, capitalizing on 1 or 2 open dark sectors with 20-30% tax while everything else is under siege and use the money collected to pay 5-8K prizes for defending their rails, I say its win win

Yup last night one particuliar sector had a battlepay of 10k credits for 5-10k battles (cant remember exact number ). So yeah a lot of ppl made a quick buck thanks to speed runs.

I would not mind if eclipse held two, maybe three dark sectors. That's fine. They could charge all they like and I(and many others) would be happy. However, they own 8.

Almost a third of all available dark sectors.

In addition, they posses both nodes on Jupiter and Saturn, this gives them the power to do what they please, whenever they please. If they wanted to set the resource tax on Jupiter to 50%, they could do it, there are no competitors to offer a better deal, it is either eclipse or nothing. What happens when DE introduces other effects into the dark sectors? In it’s current state, eclipse can dictate whatever they will, and there is nobody  that can compete with them.    

And it’s a self perpetuating cycle. Eclipse entices freelance players to support them by offering ridiculously high battle pay which has only been obtained through the means of  freelance players blindly running missions in Eclipse’s nodes and taking the 20% tax rate set by them(which is approximately 4000 credits per mission).  Either the competing clan must match Eclipse’s battle pay point for point, which is already very difficult, otherwise they might as well not bother.

In their current position, Eclipse is a blight upon the game and I believe we will all rue the day we let them take control.

I would not mind if eclipse held two, maybe three dark sectors. That's fine. They could charge all they like and I(and many others) would be happy. However, they own 8.

Almost a third of all available dark sectors.

In addition, they posses both nodes on Jupiter and Saturn, this gives them the power to do what they please, whenever they please. If they wanted to set the resource tax on Jupiter to 50%, they could do it, there are no competitors to offer a better deal, it is either eclipse or nothing. What happens when DE introduces other effects into the dark sectors? In it’s current state, eclipse can dictate whatever they will, and there is nobody  that can compete with them.    

And it’s a self perpetuating cycle. Eclipse entices freelance players to support them by offering ridiculously high battle pay which has only been obtained through the means of  freelance players blindly running missions in Eclipse’s nodes and taking the 20% tax rate set by them(which is approximately 4000 credits per mission).  Either the competing clan must match Eclipse’s battle pay point for point, which is already very difficult, otherwise they might as well not bother.

In their current position, Eclipse is a blight upon the game and I believe we will all rue the day we let them take control.

Well youre entitled to your opinion.

Youre wrong, but dont let that stop you.

But seriously, the only clowns running against them atm either arent offering battle pay at all ...

At this time of posting theese are..

Japaninja at Seimeni

Warframe Japan Alliance at Piscinas

Omura Industry Corp at Caracol (3 credits/run does not count)

Zaibatu Shadow Giuld at Cameria,

The Shadow Empire at Larzac,

Wicked Chaos at Amarna

While Eclipse is offering at least 5k credits across the board.

Its not that Eclipse is being particularly desperate to hold on, or take over, its that nobody is actually serious about opposing them.

Until someones ready to pony up some money (which, ironically, Eclipse are offering by the bucketload) theyre going to keep winning simply because players who go for speedruns will be earning much more than they would lose by playing at Eclipses Dark Sectors.

Edited by Dualstar

And you couldn't think of something like "oh, it might be a bug"  ? Good job.

This thread was double posted earlier. I simply hid the copy quietly. Could you please not be this passive-aggressive towards other posters about it? You kinda kill the tone of your own thread.

Me and mine would love to make a serious challenge against eclipse, but I am finding it very difficult to find a time where I am the first to contest a desired node. I try to make a few runs against eclipse, but every now and again I will check the progress, and see that for every point the challenger advances, Eclipse advances 5 more.

-Snip-

This, right here. There's not anything innately wrong with Eclipse holding that many Dark Sectors. Honestly, unless they start bringing the taxes up to ridiculous amounts, Eclipse will continue to hold those nodes for the simple reason that they're offering a lot of battle pay. So yes, any competitors are going to have to outmatch that pay. In other words, they have to be really serious about taking it.

This, right here. There's not anything innately wrong with Eclipse holding that many Dark Sectors. Honestly, unless they start bringing the taxes up to ridiculous amounts, Eclipse will continue to hold those nodes for the simple reason that they're offering a lot of battle pay. So yes, any competitors are going to have to outmatch that pay. In other words, they have to be really serious about taking it.

Which is good. Because Clans do need to man up and really learn how to hold their own.

Eclipse seems to have come around. Now more will if they expect to hold a Dark Sector and really keep it.

I believe it is in fact the opposite. By holding multiple nodes and growing, it sets the stage for absolute control. Just like in reality, better to ensure market competition then leave yourself at the mercy of profit.

Which is good. Because Clans do need to man up and really learn how to hold their own.

Eclipse seems to have come around. Now more will if they expect to hold a Dark Sector and really keep it.

Ok, so a clan really wants to compete with Eclipse. Match them point for point, set the field at an even level, lets say 50%. Now, because of the huge tax income for eclipse, and the fact that the vast majority of it's player base is active, it's credit pool is huge. From this point Eclipse could set the battle pay to twice or even three times that of anythng a competing clan can offer and still not break the bank. As the mercenary persona is dominant on warframe, there is no reason for a freelance player to side with the challenger. So yet again, the time, credits and rail of the challenger goes to waste.  

There is a point where it will become impossible, and we are nearing that point.

So toxic

This thread was double posted earlier. I simply hid the copy quietly. Could you please not be this passive-aggressive towards other posters about it? You kinda kill the tone of your own thread.

By stating the fact that people have a one-track mind and only think negatively about others, means I'm being toxic and aggresive? Right.