Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super Glad I Found Out About This Game...

(PSN)Tatalium

Welcome to warframe!

I like to think the community is better here than in a lot of other games. A lot of it probably has to do with the developers being so active in the communities, with livestreams and the forums and even ingame occasionally. 

EDIT: If you don't mind me asking, how are the players on the PS4 side of things? Not a lot of people use the ingame chat in warframe PC. Since everyone has a mic on their controller on PS4, do you find that voice chat interaction is something that happens, or not really?

Edited by michaelwii

I had no idea this game existed before ps4... I'm glad they reached a new market. I also enjoy the community they have. You guys keep me entertained.

Welcome to the community!

Please allow your self to be lost in the stunning creations of out community!

<-(Shameless self promotion)

I hope you enjoy your self here with us :)

Welcome to warframe!

I like to think the community is better here than in a lot of other games. A lot of it probably has to do with the developers being so active in the communities, with livestreams and the forums and even ingame occasionally. 

EDIT: If you don't mind me asking, how are the players on the PS4 side of things? Not a lot of people use the ingame chat in warframe PC. Since everyone has a mic on their controller on PS4, do you find that voice chat interaction is something that happens, or not really?

It's the same type of community you'll find anywhere else.  There are great people and scum of the earth.  The devs are only active with PC users.  And there's a lot of PC vs PS4 animosity about.  Not to kill your enthusiasm.  Just beware, and don't get your hopes up of ever running into a dev during a game, or even seeing a DE in front of anyone who responds to a PS-specific post.  Your excitement can quickly turn into frustration here.  As you can see, I've been jaded well and good.

As far as communication on PS4 goes ... It depends.  If you flick your mic on and start talking, usually someone else will flip theirs on too and start to chat.  Otherwise, it's usually pretty quiet.

It's the same type of community you'll find anywhere else.  There are great people and scum of the earth.  The devs are only active with PC users.  And there's a lot of PC vs PS4 animosity about.  Not to kill your enthusiasm.  Just beware, and don't get your hopes up of ever running into a dev during a game, or even seeing a DE in front of anyone who responds to a PS-specific post.  Your excitement can quickly turn into frustration here.  As you can see, I've been jaded well and good.

As far as communication on PS4 goes ... It depends.  If you flick your mic on and start talking, usually someone else will flip theirs on too and start to chat.  Otherwise, it's usually pretty quiet.

I can understand your perspective. Although PS4 is something the developers were really excited to deliver warframe on, and are really happy to have now that it's on warframe (and a successful free to play on warframe I might add), they had made it clear that their attention will be with PC before with PS4. This was a stance they took prior to PS4 launch, as a response to the first rumours of a PS4 version of Warframe appeared on the forums. 

Although I post stuff and hang out on the forums (mostly fan art and feedback), I haven't really experienced much animosity between the two groups. Then again, I don't spend enough time on the PS4 forums or general discussion (tend to stay away from the latter). 

In terms of developer/player interaction, I was referring to a handful of experiences from my friends, who were really active in closed beta (smaller community = more developer/player interaction, especially with bugs). I have yet to get a developer in a match with me to try replicating a bug or something, but I've seen a few threads by players about it occurring (again, it's been much less since closed beta). I guess my view is also biased, as I'm bleeding closed beta and "open beta" events together. 

I guess you should keep a few things in mind as you continue to play warframe to to  be active in the greater community outside of PS4 (if that's something you choose to do):

- The PS4 update needs to go through a verification process that is pretty much up to Sony. It takes a few days, if not a week, to get a major update stabilized in terms of bugs and hot-fixes on PC, meaning you can have a delay of 2 weeks to 3, which sucks, but it means that you get a less buggy version of the game (since DE tries to not have to go through the long verification process for each little hotfix).

- Like I already said, PS4 is of secondary importance to PC. You can think what you will of that, but DE started this game as a PC free-to-play, and jumped at the opportunity to be a Free to Play on PS4 because Sony reached out. They're not about to flip that around because they stated they wouldn't (before PS4 launched), and because they would be putting the majority of their audience as a secondary importance. 

It's the same type of community you'll find anywhere else.  There are great people and scum of the earth. 

except our scum can be made friends with if you find a topic they can agree on. I am sure at some point people agree with me, and at some point people agree with you, but I think we can all agree with the right topic the true forumers of this community can all get along... or at least a portion of them. Then you'd need another topic to get along with the rest of them.

except our scum can be made friends with if you find a topic they can agree on. I am sure at some point people agree with me, and at some point people agree with you, but I think we can all agree with the right topic the true forumers of this community can all get along... or at least a portion of them. Then you'd need another topic to get along with the rest of them.

So true, and that applies to pretty much every community, be it flesh and bone or from the interwebz like us.

On thread, welcome Tatalium, I think everyone here already stated what needed to be said regarding the good and the bad things to know in advance, and for the rest of them, and risking being obvious since pretty much everything nowadays has one, this game has a wiki that comes very very in handy from the newbie to the vet life, just beware that it follows the PC version of the game.

I had no idea this game existed before ps4... I'm glad they reached a new market. I also enjoy the community they have. You guys keep me entertained.

"You have yet to know entertainment within these forums... "

-Booben 

Edited by cryotech9020