Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stance's Hidden Damage Multiplier -_-

Smoking-Ashes

People, what the F***? Tranquil Cleave is HARD to get. I slaugthered thousands of Frontier Butchers and it never dropped for me. I managed to trade 3 other rare stances for it though. So just because you got extremely lucky with RNG it does not mean it's EASY to get.

Crimson dervish is even harder to get :|

Multipliers do not need to be changed. Yes, Crimson Dervish has a large multiplier, but it's also one of the slowest stances in the game. The reason reason why many fast hitting stances such as Swirling Tiger have such low multipliers, is because of the sheer amount of hits they are able to pull off in a such a short time. Not only that, but multi hitting combos also build up the combo meter much faster than low hit combos, resulting in quickly escalating damage. Same thing with slow combos and channeling. It's called a trade off.

I have a question for the OP, Why does this bother you?

My point being, having hardly used single swords since Melee 2.0 dropped and having used mostly Melee I can personally attest that Melee is viable pretty much regardless of the weapon or stance being used. Some may do better than others but that has always been and always will be the case. I simply do not see a problem.

i'd be glad to answer your question.XD

Im almost an exclusive ASH user and use primarily melee...i like to do "end end" content, like 50+min/waves on T3 voids and such...for this reason i take my best melee weapon(or the one with decent dmg and good aesthetics). With that in mind, when i see the description of weapons say this and this and that, but is unable to do any of that :( ...there is also the fact that weapons which require high mastery rank (melee ones) AND have better stats become useless because long swords(some other ones as well like others have posted) that have C D(or respective stance) can easily out dmg you, be it in per hit/dps, or burst...

i just want all melee STANCES to either receive = dmg multipliers or the ones that have them be removed(the multipliers) so that it is actually worth while to farm for them, build the weapon you want to use them with, and not be out classed by a weapon with overall lower stats than your but because it had that one mod its better.

stances shouldnt make or break a great weapon, just because another weapon makes a stance that gives x3 dmg

hope that answered your question; and yes i know some of the things i say might not make sense :( 

doubt so, my down attacks on dragon nikana with 1.5x? does 49k critical damage on ancient disrupter while doing only 6k critical on normal.

what's more my dragon nikana is stance-less

That was merely an example. The Op has also stated that crimson dervish has an innate multiplier of 3x. This shows that stances, at the very least, don't share the same types of bonuses as each other. Besides, finisher moves tend to deal more damage than a normal attack, and since your Nikana doesn't have a stance, this still applies. Edited by Jolonap