Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex Prime - Should We Bother Yet?

FoxNightscape

I think anyone that knows how this game works has already had this thought. I just got my LexP out of the oven, cheering my good luck and fortune getting the parts, and I go to pop a catalyst on it when I just stop dead. And realize something.

In a month, there's probably going to be an AkLex Prime and this potato's going to be utterly wasted. 

Times when you wish DE would give all the players a heads up that, "Hey, we're gonna do to the Lex Prime what we did to the Lex. Maybe a bit sooner." Only took nearly a near to make the AkLexs. So the question is this: Should we bother making our Lex Primes uber popguns, or is all the catalyzing and formaing destined to go to utter waste when we have to use it to make an AkLex Prime if/when it comes out?

Don't potato or forma it yet. Also don't sell it when you get it to 30 like my friend did with Bronko Prime.

In fairness, the Bronco Prime is the second worst weapon that I've ever had the displeasure of using. I shot it maybe five times and said "Never gonna shoot this again. It's going to passively level".

I don't think I'll ever go for the AkBronco Prime unless it's the very last weapon I have to use and I need it for levelup brink mastery.

This is the way I feel about all base level single pistols, longswords, Tenno weapons of all varieties, and Grineer and Corpus weapons of any popularity.

Everything can be doubled, Primed, Wraithed and Vandaled. And now apparently, Dexed.

you forgot "dragoned" ^^

AkBronco Prime

Once you put lethal torrent and a maxed out quickdraw on it, it's not terrible.   Kind of a cheap Chinese imitation of a Brakk.

But I definitely do not use it on a regular basis.   Not only the performance, it also looks completely $&*&*#(%&.  Like some kind of steampunk hair dryer.

Want to catalyst and forma it too but I'm also in fear of Akimbos too. Wish it had better sounds though.

Tempted to do the above but I just immediately think 'ugh, really? Boredom'.

Edited by Naith

I did notice some new energy-ish type sound when I was sniping things. The Lex is a pretty good sniper gun, and I happen to be a sniper person. That and my mainstay sidearm is the Seer, so it's not a huge change to how I do things. 

Think it'll be fun to take the new Lex for a few spins around Earth, maybe even Saturn. I do need to do the cellfarm again.