Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need A Little Help About The "dragon Nikana"

GalacticDuck

Question

21 answers to this question

The Dragon Nikana is a quite powerful weapon and worthy of a catalyst if you are enjoying it. It becomes a lot more effective with a critical hit set up thanks to its' relatively high base crit chance, and such a set up is really only effective with the catalyst. I say go for it. 

Edited by Acos

This ^ 

I've tried both builds and stuffing the D.Nikana full of damage works so much better.  If you want a weapon that crits well go for the Ichors or Zoren.

This ^

Ichors are the best crit melee since, since... was there ever a crit build?

Edited by YourBusDriver

Umm i just putted the mods Life strike,Rending Strike,And i for got the name for the other mods buy yeah, heres the results:

300+ Slash Dmg

986.0 SPIN ATTACK

356.0 JUMP AtTACK

986.0 WALL ATTCK

Just put your results here

or Replies. :D

You can get so much more out of it

bNlBHZd.jpg

Edited by kscott190

No, go for raw damage instead.

I'd like to revise my previous statement to include both. You want damage and/or crit, but raw damage should generally be your first priority. This particular weapon is just capable of going further with Crit is all. 

I like it when new weapons go crazy with dmg. Now we have the same stats. :D thanks for the build.:DDDDDDD this is his stats but mine is closer just need to max all

You can get so much more out of it

bNlBHZd.jpg

Edited by GalacticDuck

Ichors are the best crit melee since, since... was there ever a crit build?

Probably, but with the Melee 2.0, Crit builds for melee weapons have been rendered utterly useless since with the Combo system, More Hits = More dmg. I'm in the process of lvling my Dragon Nikana, still efficient with what it has atm, which is Second Wind, Fury, Pressure Point, and Parry, the Parry is cause blocking is worth a damn now :3

Edited by Zenn

How does the Dakra Prime compare to the Dragon Nikana in melee 2.0?  I just got the final part last night and it is under build. Is that worth a potatoe compared to the Dragon Nikana?  Seems like it should be a very good melee weapon and good for coptering also based on test results someone posted yesterday.  Might not be the best melee at the moment but that is fine with me.

Looking the Dragon Nikana on Youtube, seems too much like the Galatine the way it hangs out on the side.  Seems way oversided.   Weapons like  Dakra Prime and Dual Ichors are more my style.

Umm i just putted the mods Life strike,Rending Strike,And i for got the name for the other mods buy yeah, heres the results:

300+ Slash Dmg

986.0 SPIN ATTACK

356.0 JUMP AtTACK

986.0 WALL ATTCK

Just put your results here

or Replies. :D

Honestly, I dont use the Dragon Nikana, because the stats arent all that great. Yes it looks nice, but its swing speed isnt all that great. Combos? they are really slow in my opinion.

Get yourself some Fang Prime... 2000+ charge damage