The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea To Rework Banshee's 4Th Ability

Terumitsu

Now, it seems that the general consensus is that a 'Standing AoE' is more or less a bad thing as it just makes you a target for ranged attacks. While certainly the current ability has its uses, there seems to be a definite amount of distaste towards how it currently operates.

Plus, in my eyes, it just looks like a souped up version of her 1 ability when there are so many more cool things you could do with the 'Sound' theme. I'm certain many people have heard of 'infrasonics' and of that frequency of sound that makes people hallucinate and I am equally certain that many also know of the phenomenon of 'Resonant Frequency' although mostly in the idea of an opera singer shattering glass or the like. Well, rather than having a short-ranged damage focused ability, something that strikes me as odd seeing how the rest of her abilities are focused more on support and CC, why not combine those two ideas and effectively make her 4 ability into an AoE pulse that inflicts the Radiation and Corrosion proc statuses on all enemies within range? Basically, the 'confusion' and 'reduced accuracy' bits from the Radiation proc would simulate the hallucinations from infrasound while the weakened armor would make sense in the way of resonant frequency breaking down defenses and such. Furthermore, it would match up with the theme of Support/CC that her other abilities have.

I suspect that it needs a bit more to it to give it the Oomph that would really make it fit in with an 'ultimate' ability but I also think this would be a good starting place at the very least.

Anyone else think this might be cool or at least more interesting than the current iteration?