Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Help With My Nyx Build

(PSN)BamaBoy24z

Off topic, I think you should have edited your previous build on the warframe builder instead of saving a new one.

I couldnt figure out how to edit it untill after i made a second one, im sorry for that. Is there anyway i can delete the first one? sorry again im new to this

There are reasons to build Nyx certain ways, both gameplay and mechanically. That will determine what you want from Nyx.

Nyx is ultimately about crowd control. This is always useful no matter what the enemy level (and is why most builds jettison psychic bolts).

The two mod powers that most concern Nyx are efficiency and duration. Power isn't particularly important, though she does have a V polarity to start with. Range is useful, but takes a back set to the first two.

Most Nyx build will be centered around a maxed fleeting expertise with a Vespa helm. This gives you maximum efficiency (75% reduction in cost) and will reduce your durations by 60%. This will give you a very spammable 10 sec chaos. It largely eliminates the power in use issue. If you want a touch more duration (12 sec is nice), get it with low ranked constitution or continuation; the efficiency always takes precedence.

Range is nice. Two ways to get more: stretch (good) and overextended (better). Overextended will cost you power, but Nyx isn't particularly power dependent and it can be made up with intensity to some degree. More range equals more chaos, which equals more good. It affects absorb somewhat negatively, but the knockdown is the real prize with absorb; power always runs out at some level, but CC effects never do.

The rest is survivability mods. Maxed shields and health are nice, since Nyx has rather pedestrian base values and crap armor. Since she's a caster, energy siphon is very nice to have, and her power pool is high enough not to need flow with 75% efficiency. Recovery can be leveraged from equilibrium or you can boost her speed if fighting infested. She's already rather quick, so it pays off well, but arguably, greater range means less need to run from stuff.

Those are the key methods of making an effective Nyx. And, yeah, it means running vaults a LOT and a couple of formas.

Yeah, I dunno how I lost the V polarity in the first place :S

I couldnt figure out how to edit it untill after i made a second one, im sorry for that. Is there anyway i can delete the first one? sorry again im new to this

Done.

Power isn't particularly important, though she does have a V polarity to start with.

Overextended will cost you power, but Nyx isn't particularly power dependent and it can be made up with intensity to some degree. It affects absorb somewhat negatively, but the knockdown is the real prize with absorb; power always runs out at some level, but CC effects never do.

I would go farther, and say power strength is not important at all. It doesn't even affect the output of absorb, so long as you absorb more than the minimum damage, which you almost always do. You shouldn't use the V polarity for Intensify.