Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Help With My Nyx Build

(PSN)BamaBoy24z

Continuity (tu further counter Fleeting) or Streamline (more spammability is always good)

I am new to this but by doing some research i was under the impression that its best to have a shorter duration on chaos but i thought the 10 seconds was just a little bit to low And streamline would do nothing since i already hit the 75 cap. Thanks for your input

Edited by (PS4)BamaBoy24z

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

its always an issue with Nyx but Duration is also nice, and its more about a well timed Chaos

Continuity is cheaper than Constitution.

My personal choice would be to use only shields and remove health.

then use 1 from the top fleeting (+10% duration) and 1 from the top streamline, for the cheaper casts, can probably remove flow with this build, as you will struggle to run out of energy.

http://goo.gl/wjPB2L

or try out narrow minded and see how you like longer duration http://goo.gl/Rm1KG6

Edited by Tatersail

My build: http://goo.gl/sRzvZx

There is no need for vitality since the redirection already gave you tons of shield. Replace Constitution with Continuity and remove Fleeting Expertise because her vespa helmet give you more power efficiency.

vespa and fleeting gives me 75% efficiency. I prefer constitution over continuity because you only lose 2% duration but gain 40% knockdown recovery 

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

power in use

its always an issue with Nyx but Duration is also nice, and its more about a well timed Chaos

Continuity is cheaper than Constitution.

My personal choice would be to use only shields and remove health.

then use 1 from the top fleeting (+10% duration) and 1 form the top streamline, for the cheaper casts

http://goo.gl/wjPB2L

but i have 75% efficiency with fleeting maxed and vespa, so is a 10 second alot better than 17 second chaos? my nyx is still building so i have no experience with her. 

740 HEALTH

740 SHIELD CAPACITY

450 POWER

14 ARMOR

80 STAMINA

1.10 SPRINT SPEED

--------------------------------------

+40% KNOCKBACK RECOVERY

-32% POWER DURATION +135% POWER RANGE

-60% POWER STRENGTH +75% POWER EFFICIENCY +0.6 ENERGY REGENERATION

NYX

MIND CONTROL

6.25 POWER COST

50m TARGET RANGE

20.4s POWER DURATION

2s STAGGER

ABSORB

25.00 POWER COST

600.0 SLASH

23.5m RADIUS

6.8s POWER DURATION

100% SLASH OF ALL ABSORBED DAMAGE IF > DAMAGE

CHAOS

18.75 POWER COST

58.8m RADIUS

17.0s POWER DURATION

2s STAGGER

These are her stats

You seem to know what your doing, Build wise, chaos duration is more personal choice

test out both try a 20 or 30 second Chaos, then try a 10

see how it feels, I have seen well played Nyx do both, a 10s chaos needs alot more energy, and your mind control is shorter, if you want to use an Ancient to heal the team up.

these days, Excal and Loki has replaced Nyx as a primary... control frame because of power in use issues, many simply run about using Absorb and hoping other players shoot them.

Edited by Tatersail

but i have 75% efficiency with fleeting maxed and vespa, so is a 10 second alot better than 17 second chaos? my nyx is still building so i have no experience with her. 

I find myself really conforable with a 17 seconds chaos, but I like to use absorb a lot too and 4 seconds don't grant me a lot of damage.

Check this, it's what I use:

http://goo.gl/9jdDzw

If you don't feel like forma her after you take her to 30, take out rush. Is a personal preference, I main loki and I find that being fat FAST lol, and mobile is better than super high shields/health/armor.

Edit:

Typos.

Edited by xlraistlx

test both try a 20 or 30 second Chaos, then try a 10

see how it feels, I have seen well played Nyx do both, a 10s chaos needs alot more energy, and your mind control is shorter, if you want to use an Ancient to heal the team up

these days, Excal and Loki has replaced Nyx as a primary... control frame because of power in use issues, many simply run about using Absorb and hoping other players shoot them.

Will do. With a 10sec duration do the enemies have enough time to kill each other?

I find myslef really conforable with a 17 seconds chaos, but I like to use absorb a lot too and 4 seconds don't grant me a lot of damage.

Check this, it's wht I use:

http://goo.gl/9jdDzw

If you don't feel like forma her after you take her to 30, take out rush. Is a personal preference, I main loki and I find that being fat and mobile is better than super high shields/health/armor.

Do you experience the power in use problem that most threads i read say nyx has?

Do you experience the power in use problem that most threads i read say nyx has?

I have not play with her since the last hotfix so I don't know if its a bug (which I suppose).

brb i'm gonna play some survival and came back to tell you.

Edit:

If it's not, I don't know how could anyone not see the bottom left of the screen. If I see i'm being swarmed by not chaos affected mobs I just cast absorb.

Edited by xlraistlx

I would build like this with a single forma, and put whatever you want in the last slot: http://goo.gl/is3EdO

If Knockdown's enough of a problem you'd forma just to fit Constitution, this frees up a slot you could use for Handspring or Sure Footed.

Its not that knockdown is a problem i just thought it was a fair trade for 2% duration a difference of 17 seconds and 17.5 seconds and i had spare points.

I would build like this with a single forma, and put whatever you want in the last slot: http://goo.gl/is3EdO

If Knockdown's enough of a problem you'd forma just to fit Constitution, this frees up a slot you could use for Handspring or Sure Footed.

but looking at your build it would save me 2 forma and do the same thing without the knockdown resist

Keep Vital. Personally I'd replace Flow with Rage, and give you some emergency energy regen, plus some regen potential when using Corrosive Projection aura against Grineer/Void.

I have rage but never used it, is it as useful as it looks? and what about equilibrium is it worth a slot?

equilibrium is you have no healer(Trinity/Nekros/Regen aura/we don't use oberon), energy orbs heal you... when you get a bleed proc, or make a mistake..

Personally I don't use rage as it requires you to... loose health, often not possible with a trinity, and fatal without one, and the same slot for flow, fleeting, streamline, often means you never run out of energy anyway.

Builds against infested can use a Dragon key to remove most of your shields, Equilibrium, and Rage, along with a Nekros, and you can... sort of.. kiss Toxic ancients to regen energy, but this can kill your sentinel.

I have only seen this sort of energy requirement, on an ember spamming Accelerant.

with a team of 3-4x energy siphon and 8-25 cost powers is hard to run out.

Edited by Tatersail

equilibrium is you have no healer(Trinity/Nekros/Regen aura/we don't use oberon), heals you... when you get a bleed proc.

Personally I don't use rage as it requires you to... loose health, often not possible with a trinity, and fatal without one, and the same slot for flow, often means you never run out of energy to require such a, dangerous method.

So for solo play something like this

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nyx/t_30_34041130013_1-1-10-2-2-10-4-8-5-8-10-5-13-7-3-46-3-5-54-0-10-55-6-5-96-4-3-98-9-3-99-5-3_54-7-1-7-2-12-46-6-96-2-99-7-55-6-13-13-4-9-98-5-8-14_42/en/1-0-14/

Looks good. You can also save a forma by going like this, with only a tiny loss in efficacy

So looks like i have a new build... got to wait 2 more days for Nyx in the foundry tho. Thanks everyone for the help and sorry i had so many questions. Im still a noob at this game but im loving every minute of it tho.

Looks good. You can also save a forma by going like this, with only a tiny loss in efficacy.

By changing the v forma back you can get your build with a maxed equilibrium, This will be my new build thanks.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nyx/t_30_32401130013_1-2-10-2-7-10-4-8-5-8-10-5-14-1-5-46-3-5-54-0-10-55-6-5-96-4-3-98-9-3-99-5-3_54-7-14-5-1-7-46-11-96-2-99-7-55-6-2-12-4-9-98-5-8-14_42/en/1-0-14/3572/

I actually have three seperate builds depending on situation. 1 is an all around build using all her skills along with a bit of fleeting over extended. Her other two are either chaos based or absorb/pyschic bolts based meaning I run blind rage for it just to boost their damage aong with a fleeting to make it last 5 secs which if team is smart they dump ammo on you and have the room die. Will post build in a bit.

Off topic, I think you should have edited your previous build on the warframe builder instead of saving a new one.