Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nova Plague...

(PSN)truelight4u

You mean rhino right?

Because i see rhino even in places where they don't belong like in survival.

Man i think your just salty because you can't get all the kills in defense mission if there's a nova.

Rhino doesn't belong in survival? you mad brah

Rhino doesn't belong in survival? you mad brah

I play valkyr mainly i got nothing against rhino except for the fact rhinos are inferior to my frame in every way.

On a side note i'm pretty sure the most played frame is between rhino and rhino prime. For ever one other frame i see i see 3rhinos. So i elect we nerf everything thats super popular if we are going by your standards.

If in fact nova was nerfed, she would loose her ability to make lvl 150+ enimies killable in any reasonable amount of time, thus I feel it is fine as is.

That is one of the stupidest things I have read on here. If anyone wants to hit lvl 150 it's because of ego stroking, the game isn't designed for you to hit that lvl, so they can come on to the forums and say "well when I hit lvl so and so, such and such happens so I'm more 'leet than all you noobs, behold my skills" That seems to be what passes for a coherent point at times.

Because it works at lvl 60/70+ is not an argument for it's balance, it's precisely the reason that it's daft in it's current set up when it renders anything below that lvl stupidly easy, highlighting that this game's frame abilities are a ridiculous trainwreck in implementation or design. They're either map clearing super nukes or crippled energy sinks, with few falling in between outside of dedicated CC abilities, which are then rendered pointless by the nuke abilities because everything ends up dead, unless you're running at lvl 50+ lvls, which the game wasn't designed to go up to in the first place. 

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

Nova is killing everything? No worries, just go sit on the cryopod and enjoy the explosions along your favourite space ninja beverage and relax, just remember to pick up the loot (and the ocasional nova lying in the floor after triping over a mod).

Remember you are getting xp for someone else's work so there is no negative side to having novas around.

That is one of the stupidest things I have read on here. If anyone wants to hit lvl 150 it's because of ego stroking, the game isn't designed for you to hit that lvl, so they can come on to the forums and say "well when I hit lvl so and so, such and such happens so I'm more 'leet than all you noobs, behold my skills" That seems to be what passes for a coherent point at times.

Because it works at lvl 60/70+ is not an argument for it's balance, it's precisely the reason that it's daft in it's current set up when it renders anything below that lvl stupidly easy, highlighting that this game's frame abilities are a ridiculous trainwreck in implementation or design. They're either map clearing super nukes or crippled energy sinks, with few falling in between outside of dedicated CC abilities, which are then rendered pointless by the nuke abilities because everything ends up dead, unless you're running at lvl 50+ lvls, which the game wasn't designed to go up to in the first place. 

Sorry me and my friends like a challange, its not about "ego" or any of that BS, we perfer enimies that make skill neccesary.

Namely keep moving, don't make mistakes.

I find the chalange fun, and since when did I ever brag about anything on the fourms, I barely even post.

Also, you don't decide what dificulty the game is ment to be played at, I'v been here for quite some time, I perfered the higher dificulty of the game back before the major Damage overhaul.

Nova is @(*()$ boring.  I want to slice/dice/smash/electrocute/disintegrate enemies.  Not just have them ALL explode by one S#&$-eating-grin sporting loli who pressed 4.  Nova is boring, she makes games boring, she takes all the XP, she has a boring design, she sucks all the fun out of the game and if you say this people will call you a noob for not enjoying a frame that can instantly win a game by pressing 4.

NERF NOVA. 

Nova is killing everything? No worries, just go sit on the cryopod and enjoy the explosions along your favourite space ninja beverage and relax, just remember to pick up the loot (and the ocasional nova lying in the floor after triping over a mod).

Remember you are getting xp for someone else's work so there is no negative side to having novas around.

Thats a ridiculous thing to say

I came to have fun

If im sitting around doing nothing im not having fun

It is a game after all

Not everyone is in for lazy EXP

Nova is @(*()$ boring.  I want to slice/dice/smash/electrocute/disintegrate enemies.  Not just have them ALL explode by one S#&$-eating-grin sporting loli who pressed 4.  Nova is boring, she makes games boring, she takes all the XP, she has a boring design, she sucks all the fun out of the game and if you say this people will call you a noob for not enjoying a frame that can instantly win a game by pressing 4.

NERF NOVA. 

Your asking for a nerf to her 4?

Not even her strongest ability.

Sorry me and my friends like a challange, its not about "ego" or any of that BS, we perfer enimies that make skill neccesary.

Namely keep moving, don't make mistakes.

I find the chalange fun, and since when did I ever brag about anything on the fourms, I barely even post.

Also, you don't decide what dificulty the game is ment to be played at, I'v been here for quite some time, I perfered the higher dificulty of the game back before the major Damage overhaul.

No, that's a cop out and a dodge. If you wanted a challenge you wouldn't be using Nova, or Trinity for that matter. I often see high lvl games which go Nova and Trinity as a default options. That's not looking for a challenge, when one frame gives 600% damage buffs with 50% debuff and the other gives a 30 second God mode, the only challenge you're facing is how long is it going to take to get bored or run out of ammo. 

I don't decide, DE did when they already balanced the game around lvl 40-50 max. What you're advocating is letting the daft damage % remain on abilities and mods, then saying there is no challenge until level such and such, well of course there won't be, as the ability wipes out everything on the map until you hit lvl 50+

I see no reason for Nova to be nerfed, she has wonderful utility in the high lvl content I perfer to play (lvl 60+).

I agree it is disapointing to not have any enimies to kill when you want to use a weapon, but that is the players, not the frame.

If in fact nova was nerfed, she would loose her ability to make lvl 150+ enimies killable in any reasonable amount of time, thus I feel it is fine as is.

Nerfing should never be the way to stop people from using powers as intended (bit of a strech, but it does what it says it should)

Situations where nerfing is needed are game breaking oversites such as Trinity with the self damage link, in this case they should have link not pickup damage from tenno weapons(not shure how hard that is to code, but if possible, its an easy fix)

But in case of the Nova thing, try asking them, if that doesnt work ignore them for now.

BTW, DE "Vote Kick" or a system so you can set people to not be paired with might be a good addition to the game.

The problem is that DE made powers like that in the first place.

Her 2 makes the game even easier though.

Her 2 also requires a 2 stage set up, although 400% damage is exceedingly high.

But everyone will spam MP because it's easier, it's not optimal, but the benefits out weight using AMD for so long in game it's not worth it. Which is why until you start to hit the 50's AMD is hardly used. AMD is only a better power if you're a machine, MP is easier, quicker, does plenty of damage and CC even though AMD is optimal when it comes to damage. That's the current problem.

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

Her 2 also requires a 2 stage set up, although 4005 damage is exceedingly high.

But everyone will spam MP because it's easier, it's not optimal, but the benefits out weight using AMD for so long in game it's not worth it. Which is why until you start to hit the 50's AMD is hardly used. AMD is only a better power if you're a machine, MP is easier, quicker, does plenty of damage and CC even though AMD is optimal when it comes to damage. That's the current problem.

4005 damage?

What kind of poor gun where you using?

I can put one burst of my Burston Prime and do 15k damage, AT LEAST.

I find it mildly entertaining that so many people complain about Nova on the forums, while those I group with, when I bother running pugs at all, ask that I use MP more often. And MPs range has been reduced recently. I have to cast three or four times and hope that some body doesn't pop one of the buggers before I can get the entire room. Besides, Mags Pull is more effective at lower levels for clearing most of a wave.

I dumped a catalysed and forma'ed Valkyr these days and build a Nova in its place. Im levelling it yet, will take some time. 

Did it on purpose and Im proud of it. Im going to spam Molecular Prime everytime I see Fatzords spamming those @(*()$ tentacles.