Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marelok With Crits?

OldGodKing

Question

16 answers to this question

Is it beneficial to use Pistol Gambit and Target Cracker on the Marelok than to use an extra elemental + a Expel mod?

With a crit build, Marelok has 2x4 33%.

Not looking for any build sharing or whatever.

you can try the weapon builder to see if the damage output is worth it.

I'd go full damage over crit build, its stats are already high and you get something about 70% of one crit on a build with multishot and without crit chance.

^This. The Marelok is better for straight damage. If youre looking for a crit pistol to compete with the Marelok, build the lex prime. the lex prime is the only pistol to come close to the mareloks dps

^This. The Marelok is better for straight damage. If youre looking for a crit pistol to compete with the Marelok, build the lex prime. the lex prime is the only pistol to come close to the mareloks dps

Sicarus Prime and Marelok have highest secondary weapon dps followed cloesly by the lex prime.

Here's my recommendation if you want the:

(1) Highest DPS crit build - Lex Prime

(2) Highest DPS Elemental - Sicarus Prime

(3) Highest DPS Status Chance - Marelok (honorable mention to AkBronco Prime if that's what you're into)

They're all about 11,000 dps so essentially it just comes down to what do you like most.

Edited by SteeleTheShow

Most of you missed the point entirely, not surprising though.

I'm just looking for answers from those with personal experience whether or not doing a crit build with the Marelok would be more beneficial than a straight up damage build. I'm not looking for the "highest DPS" or the "best secondary for crits". 

But it doesn't matter anymore since I already got my answer from a few who actually paid attention to my post.

Most of you missed the point entirely, not surprising though.

I'm just looking for answers from those with personal experience whether or not doing a crit build with the Marelok would be more beneficial than a straight up damage build. I'm not looking for the "highest DPS" or the "best secondary for crits". 

But it doesn't matter anymore since I already got my answer from a few who actually paid attention to my post.

I answered you question. Youre welcome

I would consider dropping in the +crit CHANCE mod instead of a final elemental.

Not only will adding the crit chance mod increase damage by ~20%, it will also increase the average headshot multiplier by ~20%, so when dealing headshots, the crit chance mod will give you ~44% more damage.

In comparison, adding another 60% element when you already have +280% is only a 15.7% damage increase.

It's impossible to answer your question without seeing what elements are already installed, as each subsequent elemental mod is less beneficial.

Edited by Darzk

Sicarus Prime and Marelok have highest secondary weapon dps followed cloesly by the lex prime.

Here's my recommendation if you want the:

(1) Highest DPS crit build - Lex Prime

(3) Highest DPS Status Chance - Marelok (honorable mention to AkBronco Prime if that's what you're into)

They're all about 11,000 dps so essentially it just comes down to what do you like most.

Out of curiosity, where do you get these numbers? I have always just used DPSframe but many obviously don't. And what happened to the Brakk?

I would consider dropping in the +crit CHANCE mod instead of a final elemental.

Not only will adding the crit chance mod increase damage by ~20%, it will also increase the average headshot multiplier by ~20%, so when dealing headshots, the crit chance mod will give you ~44% more damage.

In comparison, adding another 60% element when you already have +280% is only a 15.7% damage increase.

It's impossible to answer your question without seeing what elements are already installed, as each subsequent elemental mod is less beneficial.

Just the standard elementals. Radiation, Mag + Toxin, Corrosive and Cold + Corrosive.

I suppose it depends on the availability of the event mods too.

For Void, I would build like this: http://goo.gl/64QPIw, and normally drop both event mods in. However top Corrosive DPS on headshots would be +crit chance and one event mod, although you'd lose status chance... hmm. I suppose both crit mods would work reasonably well if you didn't have event mods.

For Factions, I wouldn't use Marelok against Infested, and Corpus are hard to headshot, so no crit mods there.

For Grineer I would go http://goo.gl/a05UOr - the only way to utilize a crit mod would be to drop Viral damage, which isnt worth it imo, especially if using Corrosive Projection aura. I could see building pure Radiation for the best headshot damage against Napalms/Bombard like this: http://goo.gl/46ldSX

Out of curiosity, where do you get these numbers? I have always just used DPSframe but many obviously don't. And what happened to the Brakk?

Compared to these secondaries, the brakk isn't as good of a choice. I used warframe-builder.com where i can mod weapons how I want.

idk where DPSframe gets their number. For that reason, I don't trust it.

Edited by SteeleTheShow

Hey guys! I'd like to chip in my two cents  here.

Been playing around with idea of crit building marelok.

So i made a simple setup,

Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion,

Pathogen Rounds, Jolt, Ice Storm, Scorch, for elementals

and finaly... Pistol Gambit.

Before I had Magnum Force, but not really satisfied with that. Pistol Gambit gives me some nice satisfaction in voids and taking headshots. I try to hit almost all to the crit locations, especialy targets with heavy armor seem to take more damage from that tiny bit crit increase.

Almost every time that crit seems to do more damage than other two bullets that don't crit toggether. Crit seems to work better at higher level.

*Disclaimer that is for high level stuff with high armor ratings. At low level all targets get oneshoted. 

Guest Tehnoobshow

Compared to these secondaries, the brakk isn't as good of a choice. I used warframe-builder.com where i can mod weapons how I want.

idk where DPSframe gets their number. For that reason, I don't trust it.

Brakk has about 30k sustained dps, it is light years better than any other bullet secondaries. The only secondary that comes close to it in terms of damage is the Stug, only because it's an explosive. DPSframe is outdated, so you shouldn't use it, but they list the mods they use right beside it and you can adjust the mods as well. It's just a simple spreadsheet.

Brakk Max Damage Build

Marelok Max Damage Build

And to answer the OP, no you shouldn't put crit mods on the Marelok.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

?

I think the guy who made warframe builder is in the middle of updating everything. making the results skewed.

For one the shown base dmg is 3x greater than the actual base dmg.

I could hypothesize that he's trying to lump the burst dmg together in order to get ias mods to scale properly. But who knows.

Regardless, the shown damage is 3x too high which may be made up for elsewhere. 

I do trust my own spreadsheet (but i am human capable of errors >.>) but also has some limitations (like unknown in game burst fire rate mechanics) which shows a particular Sircarus Prime build at 8k dps  and i know that's a high over estimate since the effective rate of fire with lethal torrent, gunslinger, and ice storm equipped should be around 4 (in game tested) but the spreadsheet of course says 6.35 (~60% over estimate - >huge). Thus, real in game dps armor type not specified would be like 5k dps. Sicarus Prime is not a good weapon... (WF builder said this particular weapon and build is capable of 12.2k sustained and 42k burst-yikes.)

Anyway, to answer OP's question, if for some reason you really like gas proc's and don't mind waiting for the full duration of the proc's-, a proc/crit build around gas does net great dps.  If you manage to get hs's, it scales even better.  I for one don't want to wait for the tic's to finish as 42-60% (42% for non-hs) of the dps would be from procs alone. Getting head shots with an accuracy of 10 could prove difficult as well.

(and sorry, ino OP said don't start listing builds but you kind of have to-as sticking pistol crit mods on the majority of elemental builds won't do much)

Here's a comparison for one particular build showing sustained dps. Grineer armor set to 1 for easy comparison. 

RKVghBA.png

Head shots

IBxkwjw.png

spreadsheet used to do calculations can be found here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/261845-dps-spreadsheet-found-here-includes-procs-and-armor-scaling/#entry3043420.

Not the most user friendly but still simple enough to use once you get it  In short, yeah I know comparing a single weapon build across all factions isn't the best but I'm not gonna post like 100 graphs showing all the options >.>.

that was a long post, not the brightest idea to do such a thing with a terrible headache.

TL/DR Crit mods not the best option for mareloc-but some very select setups it's okay - hope that message is somehow in that long asspost.

Edited by Quizel