Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Help With Afk Leechers

Mickey1779

I just did the most recent Alert and had someone spawn in and sit there the entire mission.  They had nothing but 0's on the debrief afterwards and actually died during the mission.

This happens numerous times everyday, generally about 1 in every 10 missions I play and is getting to epidemic proportions.

The fact that people can just queue for a mission and go AFK and still collect credits is rediculous beyond belief.

Seeing as vote kick would be too abusive.

DE needs a foolproof auto kick feature to deal with these BOTS / AFK Leechers.

Currently the only option is to only run with friends and clan mates but that would most definitely be the kiss of death to Warframe as the game would be dead during the day as a significant portion of the player base are in smaller clans.

A "Player was kicked for idling too long" seems fitting to fix this particular issue. I've had ones where we are on a SURVIVAL mission and they go afk. I mean, seriously?

But even then, the "boot afk" thing would only work for so long before they just have scripts/bots that make their tenno move every few moments.

Another possible fix would be to give people an ignore list and fix matchmaking so you cannot be teamed up with people on your ignore list.

The problem with this is that this latest problem is so widespread that we would need a massive or unlimited ignore list.

Still would mean you have to deal with each of these people at least once.

I feel your pain it's getting completely out of hand recently. Also if you think that's bad wait till you come across afk hosters, the game has a terrible flaw in that the first door you come across will not open unless the host moves. When you leave and requeue it will often just chuck you back in with them, I met someone in a mission like this who had been stuck in the loop for an hour as he was trying to farm ruk.

For leechers and afk hosters they desperately need to solve the epidemic.

Edited by YourFriendlyNoggin

I was oncw starting a pluto defense mission but didn't want to start alone, so this excalibur comes in, walks in the ring and starts the mission and then uses the elevator and goes to the spawn room and he stayed there AN HE WAS STILL THERE, because on the 5 wave mark he waited untill i aborted and left as well... I hate that son of a fluff so much

I was oncw starting a pluto defense mission but didn't want to start alone, so this excalibur comes in, walks in the ring and starts the mission and then uses the elevator and goes to the spawn room and he stayed there AN HE WAS STILL THERE, because on the 5 wave mark he waited untill i aborted and left as well... I hate that son of a fluff so much

Shoulda just alt+f4 and left him there.

Unfortunately the longer DE doesn't deal with the issue the worse this will get, and not acting on the problem is a form of punishing those that really do play. There needs to be not just a way to get rid of players that stay AFK but a way to penalize such behavior when it's repeated, such as a temporary ban on joining public games (as one possible example).