Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Amperex Info W/ Basic Overview

VKhaun

DE's youtube vid:

Media/Youtube tags never work for me. >.>

Quick and dirty MSPaint Skillz pic to show colors. I picked a very light blue because that's how I like my electric effects, but I think you can still tell the whitish dots on the blocky pieces are the energy color.

Ignore stats. I think I put Serration on it before I took the pic.

v6j8gw1.jpg

Quick Bullet Points

• VERY fast ammo consumption. Fast reload, big mag, super fast ammo consumption.
  • Rifle mods, no firestorm, no polarities
  • 18m Range (Flux Rifle=25, Synapse=18m, Phage=25m) ***1***
  • Direct laser-line shot to crosshairs target, then 'chain lightning' style arcs to thee more.
  • Primary beam must hit a target to get additional arcs, will not arc from the floor.
  • First target can be inanimate. Pod, terminal, console etc.
  • Extra arcs hitting the floor/walls seem to be purely cosmetic.
  • Arcs from first target deal reduced damage with each step.
  • Sides open like an accordion as you fire and expend the magazine.
  • Custom reload removes and replaces a long widget on the bottom.

Basic Review:

Happy medium between Synapse and Ignis is the best way I can put it.

Not Ignis AoE, or Ignis care-free spraying, but not single target either.

Very good for horizontal targets that most weapons can't help with. Definitely my new go-to weapon for Vauban whenever I plan to use Bastille. It will even arc back towards you, and Shield Lancers are totally pwned. Goes through shield, arcs back from other targets and hits them in the back, they're just screwed over.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/598160755998370633/EC9037C4ECB14B743FB71E7128F8AD8E5A5EC370/

Can't stress enough how much of an ammo hog this is, and you lose a lot of damage when your initial target dies and it stops arcing to anything else until you reaquire a new target. With stuff dying fast and ammo pouring out fast, this can cost a lot of ammo/dps. You need to be attentive and aiming to get the most out of it, if you spray it you're just going to blow out your ammo, especially with Shred or Speed Trigger on it.

Having used it it earnest only a few times still (mostly been testing) I think it's a very good anti-heavy weapon. Even if it's DPS isn't heralded as amazing when the number gurus get done with it, it will zap the initial heavy target real good and then arc to CC/Damage their minions, drones, or whatever else. Use melee/pistol for trash, and pull this when the SHTF.

Just judging by Apollodorus with no mods (I've done A LOT of new weapons on Apollodorus with no mods, and I can use this as a metric for judging base stats) I think it's going to be a winner. Being pure crit and laser accurate, it will definitely give you solid DPS vs heavies if you aim for the weakpoint, but we'll have to wait and see what the number gurus say about it's DPS before we can judge if the arcs will be worthwhile at high end. I'm sure we'll have something from them before I can forma it six times, since I go back to work tomorrow night.

Let me know if there's anything else you're curious about.

There's some wonky behavior on the arc damage.

Here is my bug thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/220944-amperex-behavior-bug-or-intended/#entry2560799

***1***

Tested using WP and box. I just moved forward until I got sparks and put down a WP, then moved back until I lost them and put down a WP again. Same test for all except Phage, which did not make any effect when it hit the box for me to measure with. I WP'd a storage container and walked forward until it popped to get Phage's measurement.

I understand that this argues with the sacred and holy wikipedia page which lists Synapse as a 20m range, but it's an easy thing to test and I'm getting 18m.

Edited by VKhaun

From how you described it, it sounds like the love-child of the Synapse and the Ignis, with the strengths and weakness mixed together.

Yes -BUTT- overall I'd call it better than either. It can be both rad and corrosive base coming from electric, balanced by absurdly fast ammo consumption. I'd say it's a very good weapon for people who like their secondary weapon. You pull this out as an OH SHI- button to focus down a heavy and still hit his minions, or fry a crowd. That's my first impression.

Disclaimer of course being that I have no idea how the numbers work out. It may have horrible DPS later. Have to see what Volt and the gurus have to say about the mathses.

Edited OP to reflect first test: Definitely getting a max three targets, and I think the damage goes down per target. I had 75% crit and I was having trouble getting the Infested to give me three of the same target so I want to double check that part though. Going back with more power duration, punch-through for testing that, and 100% crit rate to make sure it's losing damage per target.

I'm pretty sure it can't be both at the same time...

Yeah, of course. I just meant it's an option. The Ignis cannot be corrosive base damage. It has to go Heat or Blast + Corrosive.

Thanks for the detailed review! Any thoughts on how this fares vs the Phage?

Uh... similar in that their beams, but that's the end of it. this is almost out of ammo before the phage has finished focusing. I guess it would be a Phage for people who aren't patient enough to use the Phage. :P

Choice between the two would probably come down to my warframe more than anything. Nekros does not have time to be focusing the phage over and over again so I might go Amperex, but Vauban and Nyx have all damn day so if Viral is good for the target then I'd go that way.

Damage definitely degrades to the tune of 124 / 62 / ...16? - I want to say that this is probably a bug and it should be 31? But 16 is what I'm seeing.

I'd guess that this is a bug, as I highly doubt that DE intended the damage to go 1/1->1/2->1/8 instead of 1/1->1/2->1/4. The second arc is probably taking 1/4 of the first arc's damage rather than 1/4 of the damage of the initial hit.

Edited by Z4rkal

Any word on how this weapon interacts with Volt's shield? Is it possible for the arcs to hit the shield and "straighten out" as well?

Thanks for the thread, by the way.

The weapon fires in a perfectly straight line, just like Synapse and by 'arcs' I mean arcing from target to target, starting from the first that it hits at your crosshair. The additional smaller beams coming off the weapon itself that you see in the vid and my screenshot seem to just be cosmetic. If they do damage they're too unpredictable to really use, often hitting the walls and floor.right next to you.

Bumping to correct myself. It clearly does hit a fourth target with a third arc. That last hit does so little damage I just never noticed in game while trying to read the other numbers. It's been single digits in all the screenshots I've taken so far, but again I'm using low rank mods to test the damage where I'm not trying to kill things quickly. Maybe it's useful for CC / Procs.

Clear shot on four. 160 / 80 / 20 / 2...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252559702

Edited by VKhaun

"Extra arcs hitting the floor/walls seem to be purely cosmetic."

That's correct (I've seen some people thinking the opposite)...purely visual jazz.

Is there any way to turn them off? I don't think so.

But they are pretty annoying, they distract you from your main objetive...

Is there any way to turn them off? I don't think so.

But they are pretty annoying, they distract you from your main objetive...

Probably depends on energy color. I'm using a really light one and the electricity* still looks really bright and good. If you're using neon green or pink or something, it's probably annoying. It's a very fine line between Jazz and noise.

Edited by VKhaun