Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Assassin: The Assimilator

Flamealisk

So, I have played this game since just before New Year's Day, and have loved. I also got a taste of what an assassin can do when Stalker pretty much one-shot me. I haven't met the Harvester or G3 yet (so happy about that right now), but I noticed the infested don't have their own assassin. I looked at the wiki and the forums to study the infested lore and got an awesome idea.

I present to you:

The Assimilator, the Infested Assassin!

Here's how he works:

The Assimilator shows up after beating five infested invasions. Idea is, this monster is designed to find highly destructive entities and infest them so as to produce very powerful infested. When you receive an infested death mark, you will receive a note saying that <you have been targeted for assimilation. Resistance is futile. Embrace our collective>.Whenever the Assimilator appears in a mission, Lotus will try to warn you and advise you to run, but then it will attack. Here's how it goes:

When the Assimilator arrives, it will charge at you and attempt to kill you with powerful melee attacks. Besides this, it also has a powerful acid attack that is launched at ranged and inflicts corrosive damage, with a chance for radiation as well. This boss has infested sinew as it's health, so make sure you have a weapon that does extra damage against that damage type. This guy is a glutton for punishment and will absolutely destroy you if you only attack it in melee.

Should you lose to him, you will receive a note from the lotus indicating that your warframe has become infected. This won't kill the warframe (I am still clinging to the theory that the Technocyte virus created the warframes (have you seen the amount of nano spores used to build some warframes?)), but it will lower that warframe's health by 20% of it total health. Along with this, the Lotus will mail you the cure for the infection, which will require threshcone extracts from Earth.

If you win, however, you will be directed to extraction. The reward for killing this ugly beast is a piece of the blueprint for a weapon I thought up for this guy: the Carcinogen. It fires powerful, hollow, barbed spikes that cause impact, slash, puncture AND radiation damage. It is Very accurate at long range and makes an excellent hand cannon and side arm. Oh, and for those of you who don't know, a carcinogen is a cancer causing agent. Asbestos is an example. Radiation is often linked to cancer, hence the weapon's name and damage type.I Learned about carcinogens in an auto tech class and I am very glad I did.