Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors Vs Odd/ods

-Ex-Gamer-

I think DE has made clear that no matter how many members post about fixing the System they aren't going to make it better .Maybe because the game rating is decreasing and having most of the players disagreeing with some thing is helping it. What ever the reason is I really don't care. I suggest that you people go back to ODS/ODD. we did it before , why not now?  besides if you play ODD/ODS the clan/alliance who owns it it's going to have less credits to repair their Solar Rails and to do battle payouts for defending. 

Edited by LtSpyware

I really don't like Dark Sectors, but you need to give them some time. They have a thread stating their intended changes for the system. It has only been out for two weeks with a holiday in the middle, so the amount of progress they have made thus far is acceptable. I thing it will be another month or two at least before the system is "fixed" fully.

^This

Scott directly stated what the Dark Sectors would be expanded into. I should go find that thread.

The following post from Dev (in the context of a reply to a thread) gives a glance at some points to make the system overall more engaging.

"We are working quickly to expand on this system - random stuff that is coming (that may miss the mark on some of your concerns but here goes):

-New game mode, potentially with vs. to make it more interesting and challenging to play contested sectors.

-Rail strategies in the from of types (nuke rail, as destabilizing force), as well as strength/weakness rail types to create some strategy in the planning and deployment phase.

-Troop preparation mechanics based on the rail strength/weakness you're attacking.

-Some amount of tactical responsiveness at rail level when being attacked (accessories you can build for your rail and deploy to bolster).

-Some grief reduction in battle pay baiting.

-Tenno Specter enhancements as well as the potential for individuals to build a 'simulacrum' object that captures their current load out and then is available by tacticians to deploy as Specters in a specific tower.

-Fix the damn 'first to click' as you mentioned.

Longer term, it goes wider:

-Use the Dojo building (with UI improvements) to make the gameplay spaces players attack (ala Dungeon Keeper) to increase variety and fun.

-Faction invasions of Dark Sectors to widen the conflict.

-Some Lore and "ritualization" of all of these conflicts to address some of the 'Why are Tenno fighting Tenno'... expanding on Tenno as Warrior culture and making it easier for people to accept the cultural ramifications of this game mode.

-Road-building expansion of Dark Sectors (in that building a rail potentially reveals another Dark Sector beyond).

-These Dark Sectors will become the Frontier when the new faction invades (dramatic music).

Edited by OptimumBow0

derelict tilesets aren't the best. and dark sectors give you bonuses

I'm looking forward to the expansion of dark sectors, the possibility of reaching new nodes past the 2 per planet we see now. that should be fun. and maybe the 12 hour conflict, 24+ hour armistice will be alright. I wonder if DE considered rail deployment time, in which case it'll be 48+ hours of free farming. it does seem like DE overcompensated a little bit by cutting down conflict time by so much

plus the solar rail system itself will be expanded. I'm hoping that different classes of rails will allow us to unlock nodes that remain uncontested. a place each alliance can use just for themselves. or maybe just a general group of nodes that each alliance can build rails to, but not have to compete over

guess we'll see

The Dark Sectors give more money, resources and XP, and dont require any keys.

Why would you go ODD to farm when Seimeni is so much better?

ppl tend to deliberatly go to ODD/ODS to farm heaps of waves/lvls, tbh so far in the uncontested dark sectors i havent managed to get into any highish wave/timed games at all, every1 leaves pretty early on, making the longer runs in ODD a less annoying choice.

also some of us dont need credits/resources and tbh even in pluto when im lvling new or forma'd gear, im not even noticing the xp gain/bonus.

also if ppl are excited about the infested being in regular missions, im sorry but some of us already had that until DE removed infested from the starmap, for us who remember it, its old news, good infested are back but its not "new", which leaves the conflicted state, which imho is pointless currently running.

Edited by Methanoid

I think DE has made clear that no matter how many members post about fixing the System they aren't going to make it better .Maybe because the game rating is decreasing and having most of the players disagreeing with some thing is helping it. What ever the reason is I really don't care. I suggest that you people go back to ODS/ODD. we did it before , why not now?  besides if you play ODD/ODS the clan/alliance who owns it it's going to have less credits to repair their Solar Rails and to do battle payouts for defending. 

Main thing: ODD/ODS actually take time to get players for.

You can just jump into a Dark Sector immediately.

Main thing: ODD/ODS actually take time to get players for.

You can just jump into a Dark Sector immediately.

While I prefer the Darksectors, I don't see how ODS And ODD takes time for.

It's literally a Minute to make a key. 1. Minute. If people these days can't handle that, I don't even know what.

While I prefer the Darksectors, I don't see how ODS And ODD takes time for.

It's literally a Minute to make a key. 1. Minute. If people these days can't handle that, I don't even know what.

As I stated: it takes time to get players for.

It takes one minute to get a key, yes.

Does it take a minute to recruit 3 other players into a game? It could take longer. People could get fed up of waiting and leave.