Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Help!

RamenNation

Question

8 answers to this question

I usually throw hammershot on if running elemental builds. Otherwise going for straight crits I'll use critical delay, point strike and vital sense. Along with serration heavy caliber split chamber and shred. Works well for most situations. Although I don't find myself in very tasking environments often like late t3 survivals.

Ignore physical damage mods as they only add 30% damage to a single damage type, elemental mods are better considering they add 90% damage of the entire physical BASE damage.

So yeah, basic damage increasement mods, critical change and damage mods and elemental mods are they way to go.

Unless you want to add a calculation of the enemy weaknesses, be my guest and add the physical damage mods.

Edited by ShiroiHasu

My build: Metal Auger, Serration, Split Chamber, 2 elemental mods depending on enemy faction, vital sense and point strike. In the last spot I usually add Hammershot, other possibility for the last mod is Heavy Caliber but I don't even own it so I stick with the Hammers

My build: Metal Auger, Serration, Split Chamber, 2 elemental mods depending on enemy faction, vital sense and point strike. In the last spot I usually add Hammershot, other possibility for the last mod is Heavy Caliber but I don't even own it so I stick with the Hammers

stick with hammer shot. heavy caliber is not for marksmen rifles :)

Also, if you have shred, should swap out Metal Auger for better DPS.

Other than that, I used roughly the same build, except that I often swap out one elemental mod for a ammo mutation, sacrificing damage for renewable ammo sustenance on some missions. I figured that being able to fire more bullets without need to manage them too often is better than firing higher damaged bullets, but need to exercise trigger control. (ok i admit it, I like the feel of holding onto trigger and spray the bullets across the room instead of the classic point-aim and squeeze burst)

Other than that, I used roughly the same build, except that I often swap out one elemental mod for a ammo mutation, sacrificing damage for renewable ammo sustenance on some missions. I figured that being able to fire more bullets without need to manage them too often is better than firing higher damaged bullets, but need to exercise trigger control. (ok i admit it, I like the feel of holding onto trigger and spray the bullets across the room instead of the classic point-aim and squeeze burst)

I do the same thing. No use in having tons of damage if you're out of bullets.