Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Undertow/tidal Surge

Drakontis

Does anyone else feel like Tidal Surge should be useable while in Undertow? While you might have a smaller surge, you'd be able to snag more enemies for drowning and I think it would be a good thing to add in. It would be great to be able to surge forward to grab an enemy that's just out of range. 

While some abilities lets you combine or to use, while another ability is in use, for example, Using the barrage skill while the tentacle swarm is in effect.

The thing is; some skills are static, in that they make the warframe immobile/locked up during casting.

This is the case when Volt uses Overload, Saryn uses Miasma, Excalibur using Javelin, Rhino using Stomp, Banshee using Soundquake.

Other frames has a quick cast, and is in effect/has a long lasting AoE effect, that only needs to be casted once, instead of being continually casted. or is an instant effect.

Examples: Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm, Ember's WoF, Zephyr's Tornados.

But you get the idea.

All the abilities Hydroid has, excluding Tentacle Swarm, are currently pretty much useless. I would like to see your suggestion added to the game.

Underwhelming, maybe, but certainly not useless. Undertow actually stops proc damage (ssshhhh don't tell DE) and allows you to recharge your shields and health ANYWHERE. And also makes an adorable tiny Hydroid. Tidal Surge and Barrage both are okay for CC, the former especially.

Also, Void, I think they could figure out a way to make it work with just Tidal Surge allowing movement instead of WASD controls. That being said, there is a tiny amount of movement you can do before you pop up, but anything outside of a few centimeters pops you out of the skill. So it's not a true movement lockdown skill like Sound Quake is. 

Mobile puddle would be interesting.  Should be veeeery slow though.  Hydroid's skills aren't useless either, not sure what that guy's smoking (Nova fumes, probably.)

And also makes an adorable tiny Hydroid.

This is a bug and will be fixed soon with any luck.

Edited by RealPandemonium

Mobile puddle would be interesting.  Should be veeeery slow though.  Hydroid's skills aren't useless either, not sure what that guy's smoking (Nova fumes, probably.)

The first two abilities do nothing but tickle the enemies a bit. Of course they can do a little bit of CC, but in that time the tentacles have already killed the enemies.

The first two abilities do nothing but tickle the enemies a bit. Of course they can do a little bit of CC, but in that time the tentacles have already killed the enemies.

CC tends to have more use at higher levels than straight up damage does, however. 

Also ults are supposed to be that way in the first place. Personally, though, I would like to use Tidal Surge in conjunction with my Undertow. 

Utility > Damage at higher levels.

After using Hydroid for a good while now, I can attest to his viability in later levels and long winded defense/survival. 

Using Stretch, Tempest Barrage gets more spread out shots that while a bit unpredictable, work wonders for chaotically knocking down large groups of enemies while also improving the radius of Tidal Surge, another CC skill you should use frequently to keep the tide of enemies on their asses. 

Stretch also allows his Tentacles to appear farther away where there's enemies to mangle.

Want to lock down an area or save an ally? Bam. Tentacles !@#$! 

Need a quick breather or is there an 'OH F****' enemy? Press 3 and either take them down with you or lay low until the situation's a bit safer. 

Hydroid isn't pure CC like Vauban or Nyx, but he's certainly a good deal more mobile and dare I say offensive about it. As VKhaun put it, Chaotic CC. 

With all that out of the way on why Hydroid doesn't suck because he doesn't specialize in damage that has severe fall off at late-game-

I support the change to allow you to use Tidal Surge while in Puddle. It'd be like an albeit clunky vacuum to sweep up what's making your squadmates cry!

Alternatively, I think it'd really be awesome of Tidal Surge had more drag to it so when Hydroid re-solidified he'd dump every enemy caught in the wave into a nice pile. 

Edited by Hastur609

The latest update is a enormous middle finger to the CC frames. With the enemy cap in T3 Survival, the only way to survive is to kill the enemies as fast as possible to keep the life support as high as possible. There is also no need for CC as long as there is a Trinity making you invincible.

Edited by Taikaponi

The latest update is a enormous middle finger to the CC frames. With the enemy cap in T3 Survival, the only way to survive is to kill the enemies as fast as possible to keep the life support as high as possible. There is also no need for CC as long as there is a Trinity making you invincible.

In Defense missions, though, I would say that some crowd control is pretty important. I could be wrong, though. 

if you do not have a trinity then it is CC or lose simple as that. Depending on what you run those extra mobs just leave extra bodies for desecrate. As it was said before the higher the level the more cc comes into play.i main a RD loki and I didn't feel the extra mobs are a middle finger. 

Edited by TheGuy08