Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested 2.0?

JohnMarkLee

I don't know where but I heard of a re-work for the Infested. If someone has a source please link. The idea interest me and I would like to see some things like:

New Textures:

I mean common. Most of the infested types look the same. (Crewman) We really need something to make them look different and vicious.

Dead Space-like Enemies:

When I first encountered infested they did scare me. However they aren't as creepy anymore. I would like to bring the scare factor back. 

Random Events:

Some things that could bring the scare back. 

- Screams: Maybe you hear a Grineer or Corpus scream between rooms. Indicating danger is ahead.

- Ambushes: Infested can jump out of vents or tunnels and surprise attack you. Could cause a jump-scare.

- Cruel Deaths: Imagine this. You just walked into a room and a Lancer gets pulled into the ceiling by a hand. (Ancient?) While he is getting pulled he screams and shoots randomly. He dies and body parts fall. Random stuff like this could cause curiosity to the player. They could be in a cut-scene form like when you see bosses or just happens during gameplay.

- Climbing: Chargers & Crawlers will be able to climb and pounce you from the walls. 

- Retreating: You see a bunch of friendly troops run from one room. Causing curiosity. 

Ancients: 

Make ancients seem more boss like. Using their hands to lift you around like a octopus to a stick.

New Environment:

The fungus and stuff is alright but how about a darker and duller atmosphere? Maybe you could toggle flashlight and sometimes when you turn it on there is a charger in front of you. You couldn't see with it off that scared you.

The "All Alone" Feeling:

The feeling in Dead Space & other horror game such as:

- SCP Containment Breach

- Slender

- Amnesia

Where you feel all alone. Maybe there is less friendlies around and it feels so comforting when you find a ally because of all the creepy events. Lotus may stop communicating with you in the beginning of the mission claiming transmissions are dying. The all alone feeling can also be in groups. Where you don't want to be left behind. (See next section)

Hunter:

New infested type that stalks you through out the map steathily and at the right moment it jumps on you. So I've seen the new wolf or wild dog animations. They could add a animation for the Hunter where when he pounces on you, you are pinned down. You have a new mini-game next to the hacking puzzles! Maybe buttons pop on the screen and you have to press quickly to live. Example:

W

Then you press W

Pressing the wrong button won't kill you immediately but every wrong button he hurts you and -100 HP & Instantly takes down shields. This adds on to the last thing where you don't want to be left behind in a group.

Edited by JohnMarkLee

I realy would like the infested to be WAY more scarier. plus by the looks of the last devstream, there is going to be some kind of quick time events with the enemy kubrows, so I would really love it if the infested get QT event as well that would help with the scare factor

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/181896-infested-enemy-ideas/

This doesnt really matter for de has there own ideas but im going to throw it out there

These are just my suggestions for new infested enemies.

What do you mean ti doesn't matter? If it doesn't then DE wouldn't have this forum topic. F2P Devs #1 job is always to collaborate with the players.

The QTEs probably aren't a great idea for an MMO that potentially suffers from nasty lag.

I would like to see infested become more threatening and I miss the old infested lighting.

Lag is mostly due to the continuous spawning in missions. There should be a number of enemies spawned in a mission. Then 2 more packs waiting to be spawned after limit goes down. DE states spawning more enemies make it harder. No it just makes it more frustrating. What they should do is make the AI smarter and tougher. Make them more tactical and stuff. Instead of just spawning hordes of them like a Left 4 Dead game.