The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Tweak To Balance Trinity's Blessing

(PSN)IIIDevoidIII

Yes, yet another post on the topic. Please endure it, you'll likely see many more.

The issue of permanately being invulnerable with a Trinity or two has risen up dramatically within the past few days. DE calls for a small buff, playerbase goes crazy with reworks and nerfing tactics. Except, all you truly need to do, is to make Blessing into what it was meant to be. A support/heal ability.

To do this, a simple cap on how long invulnerability lasts will be ideal. This falls into the same idea as the recent rework of Frost's snowglobe. A five second grace period, that's all the invulnerability needs to be. Just cap it at that. If the need arises where Blessing has to be cast, it's likely you are not in a good spot to start. The grace period will allow the afflicted Tenno to move to a safer location. Self-inflicted damage will still down you.

Like Frost's Snow Globe, to help combat end game damage, a percentage of the damage absorbed during that grace period can be used to buff the shields of that Tenno. (The percentage can be resolved through testing, throwing wild numbers out does nothing good.) It certainly cannot be a direct transfer, the shields would reach the tens of thousands and that would defeat the whole purpose. Lastly, this shield buff cannot be increased by self-inflicted damage.

These are two simple tweaks that'll balance Trinity out more, without producing a mass of Hysteria over the change. It's proven to work with Frost, keeping him as the king of defense. It'll work with Trinity, keeping her the queen of player defense.

Please post any feedback here, but let's not argue over other frame abilities, the current issue is Trinity's.

Range. If blessing had a limit to its range, there would be far fewer narrow-minded users, who are sometimes in fact themselves, narrow minded.

Or perhaps, reduce the invulnerability period while adding the range.

Edited by Vaskadar

I like the way u think, but you are wrong. As it has been stated before. Trinity only has 2 abilities, Link And blessing, both do kind of the same thing. But energy vamp and well of life are just stupid, they are both suprassed by rejuvenation, lifestrike, and energy syphon. Then If you could make her first two abilities useful, tweaking the others may then be wise. I personaly think that the blessing you stated is ok, but then you gotta move link to the second ability reduce energy cost, and create new 1 and 3 abilities that fit the theme.

or you could remove the invulnerability all together and just let it fully heal you

The 5 second cap on invulnerability is basically just that. It's healing you, the main thing it's meant to do. That grace period is only meant to remove yourself from the location you are being damaged at. Chances are, after blessing gets cast, you're dead anyway, just a second later.

Range. If blessing had a limit to its range, there would be far fewer narrow-minded users, who are sometimes in fact themselves, narrow minded.

Or perhaps, reduce the invulnerability period while adding the range.

A maximum range of 50m doesn't seem unreasonable. It promotes sticking together, which promotes the use of synergy, and demotes rushers.

Energy vampire is not useless, using Link and it together, gives Trinity the ability to kill almost anything by simply casting those 2 abilities.

It is useless, it takes too long to replenish energy, no one wnat to wait that much. I thought killing anything was the objective of the warframes. For example you must love rhino, he has mobility, cc, buffs, and iron skin. And the stomp can also kill almost anything with a lesser cost and with no draw back, using fleeting expertise for example. So no, your arguments are invalid ... 

Edited by Hayzemet

Anyone can kill bosses in seconds, and , im sure that is old news dearie, all of the new bosses are inmune to this combo. The only frame you could mention that does not kill anything fast enough is only banshee but she is overall bad. Therefore it doesnot matter if you care about rhino or not, the fact that you use any other frame will guarantee good fast killing. And also  the game is not full of bosses it is full of minions, and you cannot do that combo to each one of them, so again your reasoning is flawed.

I like the way u think, but you are wrong. As it has been stated before. Trinity only has 2 abilities, Link And blessing, both do kind of the same thing. But energy vamp and well of life are just stupid, they are both suprassed by rejuvenation, lifestrike, and energy syphon. Then If you could make her first two abilities useful, tweaking the others may then be wise. I personaly think that the blessing you stated is ok, but then you gotta move link to the second ability reduce energy cost, and create new 1 and 3 abilities that fit the theme.

If an issue lies within the usability of one and two, I see no way for them to be useful, except by being completely reworked, kind of 'unsimple', and DE won't likey. However, Well of Life could be cast to be simply just that, an AoE pool of health, dropped beneath where Trinity casts, has a set range of say 10 meters, limited duration, and heals at twice the speed that shields naturally heal (I'm not sure of the numbers on that).

Energy Vampire would be similar, AoE ability, limited duration, casted to enemies surrounding Trinity. Energy orbs have a higher rate of dropping to afflicted enemies, or simply, a set amount of energy is given to the player that dealt the killing blow. The ability can not be recast until enemies are no longer afflicted.

I've had that idea for one and two the longest time, I thought they'd be much more useful like that.

Link? That's easy. Reflect damage to the attacker, not divert.

If they take the invulnerability down that low there's no point it play trinity anymore. Blessing is really the only thing going for trinity atm.  To me link is slightly broken, don't know if its due to client/host lag but if the last of your shield drops your reflect dmg ends and your hp disappears fast, faster then the cast time of blessing without natural talent.

Honesty I find my trinity to be more balanced then my rhino which is invulnerable to damage unless he runs out of energy (easy to avoid with the right mods just like the duration blessing build of trinity).  The short cast time in between iron skin makes the difference.  The base invulnerability is 10 seconds at max rank and the maximum it can grow to is 28.2 seconds and costs 100 energy.  That requires 182% power duration from Constitution (28%:40% knockdown rec.), Continuity (30%), Narrow Minded (99%:-66% Power range), Aura Trinity helm (25%:-5% health).

It could be said to overpowered part of blessing is the Infinite range aspect of blessing making the -66% Power range a mute point.

Also keep in mind that Trinity has no direct combat abilities or crowd control abilities or escape/aggro reduction abilities.

Edited by aim4it

It is useless, it takes too long to replenish energy, no one wnat to wait that much.

I'd just like to point out that Energy Vampire doesn't inherently take very long to replenish your energy. Everyone builds Trinity for maximum duration because of Blessing, which then causes the time between the energy pulses of Energy Vampire to lengthen as well. Duration on Energy Vampire is detrimental to it in that regard.

There's nothing wrong with Trinity's first two abilities, her fourth is just too good. Why bother using a heal ability when you can have invincibility? And why bother with Energy Vampire if it's just going to take forever due to your max duration build for Blessing? I agree with the OP in making it so that power duration mods no longer affect Blessing, and I think a range limit needs to be added as well to encourage team play.

As for Link, well that's just a whole other can of worms...

I'd just like to point out that Energy Vampire doesn't inherently take very long to replenish your energy. Everyone builds Trinity for maximum duration because of Blessing, which then causes the time between the energy pulses of Energy Vampire to lengthen as well. Duration on Energy Vampire is detrimental to it in that regard.

There's nothing wrong with Trinity's first two abilities, her fourth is just too good. Why bother using a heal ability when you can have invincibility? And why bother with Energy Vampire if it's just going to take forever due to your max duration build for Blessing? I agree with the OP in making it so that power duration mods no longer affect Blessing, and I think a range limit needs to be added as well to encourage team play.

NO you are wrong, you dont use the two first abilities because they are meh. And obviously the ult is way better. Why bother using well of life when you can lifestrike 1200hp with a sinlge channeled attack,  why bother with energy vamp if you have fleeting expertice , streamine, flow, rage, and equilibrium to replenish your energy, the first two abilities are not good, no matter how you look at it.

NO you are wrong, you dont use the two first abilities because they are meh. And obviously the ult is way better. Why bother using well of life when you can lifestrike 1200hp with a sinlge channeled attack,  why bother with energy vamp if you have fleeting expertice , streamine, flow, rage, and equilibrium to replenish your energy, the first two abilities are not good, no matter how you look at it.

Just to point out, you are two different sides of the same coin, one's saying Blessing is where it should be and one and two need a buff. The other is saying Blessing is too powerful, and should align more with 1 and 2. I agree more with the latter.

Just to point out, you are two different sides of the same coin, one's saying Blessing is where it should be and one and two need a buff. The other is saying Blessing is too powerful, and should align more with 1 and 2. I agree more with the latter.

Not at all, I have said that blessing should receive the 5 second cap treatment, but that cannot occur unless you buff the other abilities, because tell me, what would trinity have left if blessing was nerfed so bad? Take in account what I have said countless times about well of life and energy vampire not being useful because there are alternatives that are wey better and everyframe can have. Just give me a good balance model. 

Not at all, I have said that blessing should receive the 5 second cap treatment, but that cannot occur unless you buff the other abilities, because tell me, what would trinity have left if blessing was nerfed so bad? Take in account what I have said countless times about well of life and energy vampire not being useful because there are alternatives that are wey better and everyframe can have. Just give me a good balance model.

If an issue lies within the usability of one and two, I see no way for them to be useful, except by being completely reworked, kind of 'unsimple', and DE won't likey. However, Well of Life could be cast to be simply just that, an AoE pool of health, dropped beneath where Trinity casts, has a set range of say 10 meters, limited duration, and heals at twice the speed that shields naturally heal (I'm not sure of the numbers on that).

Energy Vampire would be similar, AoE ability, limited duration, casted to enemies surrounding Trinity. Energy orbs have a higher rate of dropping to afflicted enemies, or simply, a set amount of energy is given to the player that dealt the killing blow. The ability can not be recast until enemies are no longer afflicted.

I've had that idea for one and two the longest time, I thought they'd be much more useful like that.

Link? That's easy. Reflect damage to the attacker, not divert.

This is the idea on those abilities I had earlier.

Nerfing Trinity's Blessing now would be moronic (understatement). Why? Simple : enemy damage scaling. At some point when you do survival or defense missions, enemies WILL one shot you, or kill you VERY fast, no matter which frame you use (barring a very few exceptions of course). I know people have a tendency to overuse Blessing, that's sad but hey, better than nothing. But Blessing isn't the problem here. The SYSTEM is. Change the system, the damage scaling at the very least (it would be a massive undertaking, I know^^'). THEN and ONLY THEN changing Blessing would be reasonable. As for her other abilities, well they could use a rework indeed.

P.S : This is only MY opinon on the subject, I respect other opinions, and even understand and agree, at least partially, with some of them.^^

Edited by Marthrym