The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk About Primes.

Olematon.Mies

Yep. Primes. Prime warframes, in particular. 

But what is there to talk about? We all know what they are. They are all just shiny versions of their originals with an altered polarity or two. All except Rhino and Excalibro. Right?

Noticed how I said "except" Rhino and Excal. 

Rhino P is faster than the original, in addition to these polarity alters. Quite frankly, I find his small increase in speed as a good thing. It gives me as a rhino player a reason to go and get the prime, because he actually is better than the original that I already love. 

Same applies for Excal. According to wiki, he has a slightly higher shield recharge rate than the original. Problem is, he is founder exclusive. Oh well. Point is, he is actually better than original Excal. Not by much, but its still there.

So, why is this not in the other frames as well? I honestly think all primes should be better than their originals, be it a weapon, sentinel, warframe or even the grate. 

This is for an obvious reason. If, for example, Braton Prime would have the exact same stats as the original Braton does now but only in a golden casing and a few other visual gimmicks. How many people would look at it and think "Man, I really need to get this weapon! It's awesome and way better than the one in the shop!" rather than "Meh. I guess I'll get it eventually. It's a shiny, anyway."

As they are right now, Mag, Frost and Ember Primes don't have anything special to them other than slightly altered polarities and bling, the former being easily fixable with forma.

Frankly, there is currently no reason to go into the void and get the prime frames other than Rhino, and even him only because of that small increase in speed. Why is this not a thing in the other frames as well?

Frost could have a slightly higher energy pool.

Ember could have slightly higher shield, health or armor. Or all of them.

Mag could have a small increase in her power, or shield recharge rate and shorter delay.

So, there you have it. Why not give us a reason for our prime warframes other than just the extra bling?

Edited by maikkeli31

should be better slightly / not a huge jump but just a tad bit better then yes

also

"They are all just shiny versions of their originals" you seem to be mistaken Primes are the original warframes , just the plain warframes you see now are the altered ones

primes are just prototypes of the default ones you see in game

should be better slightly / not a huge jump but just a tad bit better then yes

also

"They are all just shiny versions of their originals" you seem to be mistaken Primes are the original warframes , just the plain warframes you see now are the altered ones

I would say that is irrelevant to the point i'm making.

But sure, i guess youre right.

I would say that is irrelevant to the point i'm making.

But sure, i guess youre right.

i dont see how its irrelevant

i answered and agreed with your suggestion in making primes have better stats , and i put forth my opinion saying not overwhelmingly powerful

but so long as its slightly buffed stats then yes thats fine

and i pointed out a mistake in your explanation

i dont see how that cant get any more relevant to what you are talking about

i dont see how its irrelevant

i answered and agreed with your suggestion in making primes have better stats , and i put forth my opinion saying not overwhelmingly powerful

but so long as its slightly buffed stats then yes thats fine

and i pointed out a mistake in your explanation

i dont see how that cant get any more relevant to what you are talking about

I think he's talking about this part:    also

"They are all just shiny versions of their originals" you seem to be mistaken Primes are the original warframes , just the plain warframes you see now are the altered ones

"They are all just shiny versions of their originals" you seem to be mistaken Primes are the original warframes , just the plain warframes you see now are the altered ones

you would be correct. thats what i meant

My bad

Edited by maikkeli31

How about this: not better but different.

-Less HP but more shields.

-Faster, but less stamina, 

-Slower, but more HP and shields

-More power damage but less max energy.

-Less HP, Less Shield, Less Max Energy and slower but an aditional Aura Slot. 

Not better but different. 

I dont' believe it's good game design to make previously earned content which developers took time to create, and players took time to earn should be made Irrelevant by a newer shiny version of said item. That's bad game design.

Edited by Sirabot

How about this: not better but different.

-Less HP but more shields.

-Faster, but less stamina, 

-Slower, but more HP and shields

-More power damage but less max energy.

-Less HP, Less Shield, Less Max Energy and slower but an aditional Aura Slot. 

Not better but different. 

Those would be Corrupted frames, I would say.

Sure, Prime weapons may have a stat or two a little lower than their regular counterpart, but overall they are still better.

I'm pretty sure that not many of us go into the void only to get different versions of the ones in the market.

How many people do you know who would rather take the regular Latron and not the Prime into anywhere? Or Orthos?

Edited by maikkeli31

yeah i knew what he was talking about , im saying how me supplying that info to him is irelevent!

i gave him knowledge on the matter that just so happens to tie in with his suggestion

if it was a question it would be irelevent yes but still dont see how it is

yeah i knew what he was talking about , im saying how me supplying that info to him is irelevent!

i gave him knowledge on the matter that just so happens to tie in with his suggestion

Well i just dont see the need to point out that the primes are lore-wise the original things, being older and all.

Thus, irrelevant to the point that All primes should be better than the regulars, be it a frame or a weapon.

This thread is about the fact that all Primes should have slight buffs, not just two of them, not about Lore. So yes it was irrelevant to point out Lore about the Primes. c:

Edited by tatcher

I thought they mentioned looking into maybe buffing the Primes with states instead of polarity's. However.. I think that got drowned out when U13 and Melee 9000 was in the works. 

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I dont remember them mentioning anything about making the pre-Rhino primes different in any way.

I think that this has to change, and that it should be brought to Scott's attention.

Prime's should have been Skins, They never should have been seperate weapons and frames. The same is true for Wraith, Dragon, Vandal, etc. We could still get all of the parts to build it, but it being a skin reduces clutter, and they never should have been "better" than the originals. Only different.

Latron Prime could do Impact damage and have a higher crit chance. while the normal latron could do puncture and have higher status chance. Never should they have been so unbalanced.

Signed. Based on the scant lore we have, anything in Warframe we have that is 'primed' is a remnant salvaged from when the Tenno were at the height of their technological prowess. Lore-wise it's better.

Statwise Primes should be better to fit in with the lore and give players a better incentive to seek out these Prime Warframes.