The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top Weapon In The Game Atm?

ss4chris

Boltor Prime.

Sick, absurd damage. Seems it was supposed to be balanced by slow projectiles and poor accuracy (like the Boltor) but these drawbacks are barely noticable. With heavy caliber it will still easily shoot down drones easily in the void and get mostly headshots at medium ranges. The projectiles are so fast that it's easy to compensate for, and you can easily kill standing targets at long ranges before they start to move.

I made the mistake of running Pluto contested solar rail missions for the first time using my Boltor Prime, and now I'm spoiled. Everything else feels under powered.

It's a likely candidate for a nerf though. Dread, Paris Prime and Soma are safer choices that are still very strong.

Phage depends largely on what else you're doing. If you need to be spamming a skill like Radial Blind or Desecrate, or you are using cover a lot, it loses a lot of DPS to time spent focusing or shooting unproductively and then reloading. It's not a bad weapon at all, just not as good as it looks on paper because of the way it operates.

Edited by VKhaun

Boltor prime 5 forma with max heavy caliber is for me the better ATM, the ragdoll effect is on top of big damages, a good defensive +.

Marelok when the situation get desesperate

IDK for melee, I wear dragon nikana for the look and some easy strike...

Boltor Prime is the best all around gun in the game currently.  If you stuff as much damage as you can into it, you get something like this: http://goo.gl/VDOXtR

The DPS would be higher if you swap out shred for speed trigger.  With 50 base accuracy, even with maxed Heavy Caliber you still have 20+ accuracy which is more than enough to kill enemies easily at all ranges.  It kills so well you don't even need an ammo mutation on it.  It only takes a couple bursts to put down an entire crowd of enemies.

Other weapons like the Latron Prime or Paris Prime could be better at dealing with heavy units because with enough crit you could deal very high damage.

It's really a question of preference.  I like Boltor Prime because it'll be able to deal with anything I run into.