The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weird Things About Volt

drMightyPotato

Here is the deal. 

Volt is kind of a hybrid in warframe world. He has defensive, supportive and offensive abilities. 

However, by default (given his 2 major abilities shock and overload), he looks like a caster. As such he should be fast. Right?

But no, he is slow. 

And here comes the weirdness of volt:

1) He is too slow for a caster- sure he has that shield but when you are surrounded being quick has its perks

- he has speed, whitch by itself should be able to save him if his speed was a bit higher (not to mention that he looks like a bad sped up tape -_-) but its not (dont get me wrong speed is a great ability and i spam it nearly all the time but it doesnt change the fact that he is slow.

2) Being slow as a caster we can assume he has something backing him up right? Cue armor. But wait!!! He has 15 armor. Hell dawg. Just a quick tip Mag has 65 armor. 

Sure he has shield, whitch, like i said, doesnt help when you are surrounded (plus the damn thing costs way too high)

3) His damage is a bit on the low side for a caster. This is a bit nitpicky but when i saw Volt's skills i kinda tought that he has either great aoe or great damage. Turns out he has neither. Its a OK-ish aoe and OK-ish damage frame. The only thing that he has going for it is CC, but that one second stun doesn't stack (or at least not that iv'e seen) and the aoe, altho cheap (25 energy for 5 people stun), sometimes fails to deliver by simply refusing to jump to a target 1m from the origin strike.

In hindsight Volt imo is a highly versatile frame. He can help his team in numerous way yes, but that doesn't change the fact that, considering his skills and his stats, he has weird numbers all over the place. 

A buff to his armor or his speed would save him loads of trouble tho and most probably make him excel even more in his hybrid duties.

In either case there is one thing Volt aint: a fleshed out frame that has a place in warframe.

I love Volt. That is almost the only frame i ever play. But, but, that doesn't exclude the fact that he is weird all over. Something needs to be done about him that will give him a anchor point in warframe cause we already have Exalibro, and lets face it, aside from that super jump he has far better skill kit to deal in every situation while my poor Volt has enough issues trying to keep his friends to be safe with a shield that from time to time changes size.

...I've always used volt as a heavy assault frame. When you need to kill everything, and need it dead yesterday, volt is your go-to guy. Speed lets you move insanely fast, his attack powers level most everything, and what they don't kill, he can toss up an electric shield and blast away at whatever survived from behind it. He is the ultimate definition of "blitzkrieg"("lightning war"), in a very literal sense.

Not quite sure where you're coming from.

He's my main, and I find him just fine. I even play with the storm helm, which reduces stamina. I run him as a caster/tank, which means 1170 shields, 700 health, power strength, flow, shield regen, fortitude, constitution. I also got his immortal skin, which looks freaking awesome with my ice colours.

Edit: 100th post! yay me!

Edited by pluto7443

One thing to note about Speed, it's movement speed bonus is affected by power strength. By how much, Im not sure yet as I've yet to get a maxed blind rage to see if it mutliplies 50% by 2.0(example) or if its 1.5 multiplied by 2.0, which is a difference of 100% additional movement speed. Bottom line, he is a caster that relies very heavily on power strength, as three of his abilities scale off of it including Speed, so the lower base movement is a good balance for the scaling bonus on Speed.

Edit: I also don't really play him as a caster, but as a battle mage. Speed, Electric Shield/Overload, Intensify, Blind Rage, Rush, Quick Rest, Constitution, Flow, Redirection, and either Flame Repelent/Marathon/Fortitude for the last slot. Relying on weapons and speed to reposition and root myself in a choke.

Edited by SagamiYusuke

So what you want is.

-Warframe that can boost speed,but still has high base speed.

-Warframe that has high shield, can deploy indestructible cover at demand, but also has high armor.

-Warframe with one of the best crowd control skill, but also has high damage skill

What you want isn't versatile warframe, what you want is Rhino 2.0

Edited by Rekkou

So what you want is.

-Warframe that can boost speed,but still has high base speed.

-Warframe that has high shield, can deploy impenetrable cover at demand, but also has high armor.

-Warframe with one of the best crowd control skill, but also has high damage skill

What you want isn't versatile warframe, what you want is Rhino 2.0

Thats hardly what i want. What i want is a slightly weaker version of Exalibour. Decent armor, slighty faster speed, and more focused on cc and aoe than damage. Volt needs something imo that makes him stand out. Exalibur focuses on damage and agility, i dont see why Volt cant be cc and support.

As it stands his cc is almost laughable, bar overloads stun, and he has decent support.

Thats hardly what i want. What i want is a slightly weaker version of Exalibour. Decent armor, slighty faster speed, and more focused on cc and aoe than damage. Volt needs something imo that makes him stand out. Exalibur focuses on damage and agility, i dont see why Volt cant be cc and support.

As it stands his cc is almost laughable, bar overloads stun, and he has decent support.

Um, hate to break it to you, but:

Volt and Excal are the same speed.

Volt has less armor, but more shields than Excal.

Excal's direct skill damage is vastly inferior to Volt.

Excal cannot increase his melee damage at all.

Volt's entire skillset stands out, and speed is entirely unique of all the skills on all the warframes--there's nothing even close to comparable. His friendly-fire-boosting shield is also rather unusual.

You say you mostly play volt, and he feels so wrong. Go play other frames for a while. Especially excal. You clearly have a very poor concept of what all other frames can do.

Stand out is a total opposite for versatile. Aside from shield and armor, his stats are average because all of his performance can be vastly boosted with skills. If he has higher stats then his performance after the skills will be too superior, and we'll get another warframe filling the feedback forum with another nerf threads.