Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experiment.

VanFanel1980mx

So, I decided to cook an Excalibur and do a 4 revives run on Mercury with the following restrictions.

*No Revives = Game Over

*No Auras or Mods unless I got them during the run

*No Items or stuff bought with credits outside of said mission's reward

*Unranked MK1-Braton, Lato and Skana

This is my report.

CLEARED MISSIONS

Terminus
M.Prime
Caloris
Elion
Tolstoj (Captain Vor Defeated)

FAILED MISSIONS
Lares (Wave 3 GAME OVER)
Apollodorus (Not Played)

Credits = 4000

MODS OBTAINED
Point Strike
Fast Deflection
Disruptor
Diamond Skin
Heated Charge

COMPONENTS OBTAINED
SEER PISTOL BARREL

FINAL LEVELS
Excalibur Lv4
MK1-Braton Lv5
Lato Lv 3
Skana Lv 4

Conclusion?
I wasn't playing blind and I had some problems but I can't imagine how a new player can do it without losing all revives before Captain Vor, no stances, no auras, etc.

Were you playing with friends? Even a single pal brings the team effectiveness up about 150%.

It was a new player experiment, so no help at all, it was basically simulated having little to no players joining the mission due to ping or other things, it was the PvE, new player with no assistance, I had it easier due to having maneuvers as a second nature but still, Lato was useless, MK1-Braton more or less, Melee was better than the first time I played thanks to enemies actually staggering this time around but it was still a pain to defeat Vor.

Welp Iv just made a new account and ran Mercuty with Loki.  

Mod drops got reduced several times!  I cleared all the missions and ran 15 min Apollo (all solo tho)  - 817 kills

22 mods (including the 4 abilites and Redirectio you get at the start, so its only 17 drops). Not a single fusion core!!! http://i62.tinypic.com/pu7b6.jpg

(The maxed Vitality is a new 'bug' - you can get it as a defence reward)

Survival rewards were credits and T1 key,

Compared to last time I had a new account run few months ago (in February  I think) - back then I had more fusion cores than I had credits to use after Mercury!

Killing lvl3 Vor with unmoded MK1 wasn't too hard, but  that maxed Vitality helped a bit too.

Im going to see how far I can go before running into a wall of numerical inability to progress.

Edited by Monolake