Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Is Literally Impossible To Catch A Running Target With Fists.

Qynchou

So just because you think it's stupid, it shouldn't be fixed or balanced? Fine, I think your guns, whips, staves, and scythes are stupid and should be broken and weak.

How about we stop trying to come up with reasons why a bugged weapon should stay bugged and, I don't know, just fix the damn thing somehow?

@people who thing this is the wrong tool for the wrong job.
He's right behind the target punching away.
As in, melee range. This is the job melee weapons should be capable of accomplishing. This is not rifle territory or even shotguns, .Our basic melee should be capable of having a combo that can actually hit a backpedalling target.

Edited by LukeAura

Slide, jump kick and slam attacks.

Otherwise use a Loki/Rhino Prime (w Vanguard) with rush.

They ain't getting away.

Hell with Nova and Ash u can do the same as well with M Prime slow and Teleport.

Excal can SD to over take and radial blind to stun, volt shock can stun, a bazillion of abilities can CC or disable them.

Even Zephr can tailwind in front of em.

But if you tell me using abilities are for scrubs then I got nothing to add but call you out instead.

Edited by fatpig84

What's wrong with just using slide attack? You just need to time it properly and it gets the job done just fine.

Honestly, it wouldn't be any fun if it was that easy, bring the appropriate weapons and form a strategy for the challenge presented to you.

I mean "I don't want to use the strategy I can clearly see works, buff the thing I like so it also works for that challenge" is a silly argument. If every weapon, warframe, build, or tactic was equally effective at every job, there wouldn't be much point in doing buying anything past your default arsenal.

I mean, let's go through your options here.

-just shoot him

-bring a melee weapon with range.

-use slash dash/jump kick/slide flip ect

-get and use a mod that increases stamina/speed

-use your warframe abilities like slash dash or mind control or tailwind or whatever.

-bring a faster warframe

-try and sneak up on them for a stealth kill

-bring some friends and cut him off

I mean you bring the weapon with the least range possible to a mission where you have to hunt down a running target, refuse to use guns, and you're upset when that strategy somehow doesn't work? I'm sorry but that just seems unreasonable. It's our job as players to formulate a strategy to overcome the challenges presented to us, it is not the job of the developers to make those challenges crumble to any strategy or arsenal we might feel like using that mission.

If there actually is some technical issue here, then of course you don't deserve to loose because of that, but if that's the case I'm sure the devs will work on fixing that, and in the meantime you can use the strategies i listed above, or figure out your own, that would probably be even more fun.

@people who thing this is the wrong tool for the wrong job.

He's right behind the target punching away.

As in, melee range. This is the job melee weapons should be capable of accomplishing. This is not rifle territory or even shotguns, .Our basic melee should be capable of having a combo that can actually hit a backpedalling target.

He's right behind the target, punching away (with the shortest attack range weapon possible and not using the more mobile attacks for that weapon) at a target (which moves faster than most frames' unmodified jog speed and programmed to flee from the player).

It is absolutely the wrong tool, and it's being used poorly to boot.

Golly, the ultimate Tenno challenge turns out to be difficult and impractical. I never would have called that.

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

He's right behind the target, punching away (with the shortest attack range weapon possible and not using the more mobile attacks for that weapon) at a target (which moves faster than most frames' unmodified jog speed and programmed to flee from the player).

Punching while running forward at enemy is the most mobile option of fists though.  

They have next to no forward momentum or range on their spin+uppercut, likely it will miss. 

Melees job is to take enemies down at close range, better than anything else, with its difficulty of use rising as range increases. 

Backpedalling is not some super niche situation or incredible skill, it's not even a dodge roll. It's a basic thing all melee weapons should be able to handle, especially if you're basically hugging the enemy.

Fists can't accomplish that because their hitbox is too small, and their momentum is nonexistant, even with stances it's a still a trial.

Use a slam attack and then use the ground finisher that all the fist weapons have that does crazy damage to 1-hit the capture target.  Is this even a real thread?

That's still a slower method than every other weapon. Most can at least perform an effective spin attack, lighter weapons/Dual weapons, or have longer ranges on swings like Heavy Weapons, or have decent enough range at all to do something. Every other melee weapon type is capable of dealing with a jogging match against a packpedalling enemy quicker. Even other short ranges weapons.

This sounds a lot like the druid cat-form range problem that WoW used to have.  basically, you'd be chasing an enemy so close that your face was sticking out of their chest, and yet you would be out of range for attacks.  it took blizzard like 2 years to address it by moving the hit box for the model forward from the nexus of movement, where it was for all the other models.  Although the end result of the bug is the same, i think the mechanics are slightly different here.  I've noticed not being able to hit retreating targets even while using Dakra with reach and crimson dervish.  granted, CD does seem to have a slightly reduced range compared to non-stanced dakra attacks.  I think the best solution would be for DE to just smooth out mobility all around so that you don't slow to a crawl as soon as you start throwing punches.  otherwise, a jump-kick really is the only option.

sprint jump slide repeat

I was able to kick im in his face then proceed to punch and kick the crap out of him and if he trided to run obex slam will stop him

slide attack with kogake and reach mod

launch dude(s) into sky

Edited by Guest

So just because you think it's stupid, it shouldn't be fixed or balanced? Fine, I think your guns, whips, staves, and scythes are stupid and should be broken and weak.

How about we stop trying to come up with reasons why a bugged weapon should stay bugged and, I don't know, just fix the damn thing somehow?

Geez does it get more immature?

I am not saying x is stupid and y is cool, i am saying x is fit for the job, y is not, it is not personal ffs.

I mean really DE, come on. Im in a mission right now and the only reason I was able to catch the guy was because he stopped to try and lock me out after 2 minutes of running.

Herp derp switch to rifle. I dont want to, how about making fists actually able to do something.

Thanks.

Oh man, Kogake, lemme tell ya

I main Kogake (I may have forma'd them a few (3) times). I love them.  Do the slide attack, that is all.  If you are the client, you will knock them down.  If you are the host, you will rag doll their &#! about 40 feet into the air.  I AM NOT JOKING.   It is the funniest damned thing and I never get tired of it.

Edited by Gelkor

When using weapons with very short range like the Kogake or Furax, it's best to turn off "Melee Auto Targetting", since they make you attack at the last position the enemy was at, and thus if you're trying to attack an enemy running away from you it'll always fall short.

Also, as mentioned trying to catch up to someone with a short ranged weapon is a pain, but then that's why you change your tactics on approach: knock them down first with a slam attack, or use slide attacks to close the distance, then pound them to dust.

This sounds a lot like the druid cat-form range problem that WoW used to have.  basically, you'd be chasing an enemy so close that your face was sticking out of their chest, and yet you would be out of range for attacks.  it took blizzard like 2 years to address it by moving the hit box for the model forward from the nexus of movement, where it was for all the other models.  Although the end result of the bug is the same, i think the mechanics are slightly different here.  I've noticed not being able to hit retreating targets even while using Dakra with reach and crimson dervish.  granted, CD does seem to have a slightly reduced range compared to non-stanced dakra attacks.  I think the best solution would be for DE to just smooth out mobility all around so that you don't slow to a crawl as soon as you start throwing punches.  otherwise, a jump-kick really is the only option.

Ahahah, Thank you, you just took me back a few years.  The reason Blizz wouldn't changed it was because it made rogues upset if they moved the hitbox forward and it made backstabbing cats harder.  Instead they just made cats run 30% faster.