The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps Vita Vs 3Ds

Mainabi

I suddenly got the urge to spend money on a handheld consonle, any recommendations?

I can't decide between the vita or the 3ds most likely because I don't know many games yet, I do like rpg though, and I'm not interested into a shooter or racing game on handhelds, so mainly arcade, action and rpg games would be nice.

ps vita out of the 3 microsoft sony and nintendo, nintendo is the worst

overused remade games

bad graphics

the 3d can cause health risks like spasms and seizures I got a lot of friends that have 3ds but never use the 3d because of this so its not worth it

ps vita being sony has amazing graphics and I you can get final fantasy dissidia for rpg that game is hours of fun not to mention sony has a bigger rating variaty while nintendo keeps it down to E10 to T which can cut back on the action style game

Edited by Sasoka

Got both last Christmas 2 Vitas for myself and my brother, 1 3DS for my sister.

Been nearly half a year and my brother and I still use ours daily, my sister never pulls her 3DS out anymore.

So in short, get the Vita. It has life in it.

I have the 3DS, but I do not have the Vita, so I can only give my opinion on the 3DS.

You said that you were interested in RPG games. The 3DS has plenty of quality RPG games, such as Bravely Default, Etrian Odyssey and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Also, Pokemon X and Y are great RPG games for the 3DS.

For the action genre, I hear Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a fun game. I also hear the Kid Icarus: Uprising was a good action game.

I can't think of any arcade games on the 3DS, but Nintendo offers an online store that sells past console video games that may include arcade games.

I am very satisfied with my 3DS XL and I would recommend getting one.

Hard to say. The advantage to the Vita is that if you have Playstation Plus, you get a LOT of free games (I've only purchased maybe 2 or 3 Vita games, but on my device there are roughly 12+ full games which I got through PS+. This isn't counting the ones I don't have on it because there's not enough room).

The advantage to the 3DS (or if you're on a budget, a 2DS) is that there are a lot of really fun and great games (namely Pokemon, Bravely Default, etc).

why not psp? it's cheap and you can hack it and get free games, I bought mine at $150 (like 75000 "colones") just to play the game that came with my brs white box, then hack it and got a lot of games... it totally worth! (just giving the suggestion...)

Between the Vita and the 3DS the Vita beats the 3DS by a mile purely on the basics of the unit. The Vita is far more powerful and has a lot more features (especially if you have a PS3 or PS4) than the 3DS, and the software support is better than on 3DS (barely any marked updates on that one).

However, the 3DS arguably has a better range of games - it certainly has more games overall. However, the Vita has a smaller number of higher-quality games: titles such as Killzone Mercenary, Street Fighter X Tekken and Sly Cooper are truly excellent handheld games. The PS Vita store is actually quite expansive now, with a lot of PS2 classics available too. There's a lot of great games in production for it too - anyone interested in epic handheld gaming check out Reborn (from Elemental Labs).

The 3DS has a lot of big titles such as Pokémon and Monster Hunter, but in terms of gameplay quality there are some things it can't match up against the Vita - most first- and third-person games set in three-dimensional worlds, for example, suffer without the holy second analogue stick the Vita provides.

Oh, and Borderlands 2 is coming to Vita with a stack of free DLC included in barely a month. Done.