The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Need Weapon Advice For Mag

CF_HoneyBadger

Question

I am a relatively new player, and haven't gotten that far in the game, I think my warframe level is in the low-mid teens.  However, I am far enough to be really irritated by the lack of damage by my primary weapon.The starting weapon for Mag is the MK1-Braton, and at times it does 8 -16 damage per shot or something rediculous like that. It can take sometimes a full magazine to kill an enemy.  This is ridiculous. 

My question is, what would be the best "second gun" to pick and start getting materials for? I know it varies by play style so, here is what I am looking for : 

1 - High damage at medium to long range (if I am up close, my melee weapon is pretty decent)

2 - not semi auto

7 answers to this question

Max MK1-Braton first,

then buy a Braton(Good for new players)

Edit: Then you might want to try Karak, which is a good weapon

If you want to learn more about the game, go to http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Edit: And try to get yourself a mod called Serration, which will increase your rifle base dmg.

Edited by SpilockT_T

Well, first of all, you may want to check the Wiki. Later you can also use Warframe Builder to browse weapon/frame builds and maybe even submit your own.

Boltor is a good choice for an anti-Grineer weapon. Karak is equally decent against Corpus.
I'd recommend using your Lato to create Bolto, and later Akbolto.

And some general tips, since you're new here:

- Don't sell your weapons untill you level them up to 30, or you'll miss the Mastery
 - Do Survival, Endless Defence and Mobile Defence missions for exp and resources
 - When in any of the defences stay near the objective, or you'll be a door hero
 - Door heroes are even more hated than Leechers, so don't do it
 - When in Survival don't activate the capsule untill the support level reaches ~60%
 - People who are activating capsules early are probably even more hated than door heroes
 - Don't waste Platinum on buying weapons/frames - you can get every each of them during the gameplay
 - If you have spare Platinum buy slots. Lots and lots of slots.
 - I've mentioned Leechers... Leecher is a person that stays at the beginning and does nothing during the mission
 - If you happen to go afk - say that. Simple "brb phone" would do
 - Revive your teammates, unless you'll be put in danger. Or unless they are door heroes or leechers. Then teabag them.
 - Always wait for your team in the elevator
 - If you are the last person in the elevator you should activate it
 - Don't break reinforced glass on purpose
 - Try not to act stupid. It's irritating seeing somebody trying to meele a level 30 Napalm with his Cronus and reviving him constantly
 - Be polite. Unless you are talking to a door hero or a leecher.
 - If you are planing to leave Endless Defence or Survival - always inform your team about it. "Leaving at 15 min" will do.

Check in the Weapon market (not the blueprints one) and you can buy AKLato (pistols) and Braton (non MK-1, with better stats) for credits only. Braton is fairly good to start off with, since it's stats are evenly spread, and you'll need the xp from leveling it for better weapons anyway.

Mastery Rank, which is your overall rating, is raised in part by ranking up various weapons (up to rank 30, one time for each specific weapon going by exact name).  Mastery rank locks you out of certain things until you raise it enough, so it's worthwhile to raise up even guns you don't particularly like.  Currently Rank 10 is the highest rank you can get that gets you a notable benefit other than more trades a day, but this may change (back when I started it was rank 4).

So rank that starting gun up to 30, and make sure to mod it because guns do not naturally get stronger, you need to mod them to make them stronger.  Then you can toss it and pick something else, like the normal Braton which is an upgrade to the MK1, or the Latron which has notably more damage per shot but is semi-auto.

Well, first of all, you may want to check the Wiki. Later you can also use Warframe Builder to browse weapon/frame builds and maybe even submit your own.

Boltor is a good choice for an anti-Grineer weapon. Karak is equally decent against Corpus.
I'd recommend using your Lato to create Bolto, and later Akbolto.

And some general tips, since you're new here:

- Revive your teammates, unless you'll be put in danger. Or unless they are door heroes or leechers. Then teabag them.

U deserve a like on this !!

All stock weapons are meh, this game is about upgrade, supercharging your warframe, weapons and setinels with Orokin catalyst/reactor, mods, and forma. Your MK1-Braton could be deadly if you choose too. But I don't recommend waisting valuable resources for the MK1 (some did for the lulz).

Here's a explanation from a player in youtube