The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Thought For Prime Warframes

Jin_Lightning

There's a big divide in the community about Prime frames being stronger than their normal counterparts, and I for one don't like the idea of one being stronger than the other.

BUT...I have an idea that might please both sides.

What if Primes had access to unique auras that only they could use? Things like a mix of health and energy recharge, but a little bit weaker than their stand-alone auras? Maybe mix melee dmg and weapon swap speed? These auras would obviously be team buffs as well.

Primes get their special buffs, and the whole team can benefit from it!

What do you guys think?

-Jin

Primes need to be stronger than regular frames. I mean, they are the original ones, our regular frames are just mere replicas. Primes are supposed to be better by definition.

I get that from a lore standpoint, but for gameplay I don't think it's a good idea. and if they do, what about the Excalibur players who missed out on Founder?

I'm NOT saying re-release Founder in any way. Not opening that can again.

But in that sense, if Primes DO become stronger than their normal counterparts, people who want to main Excalibur would be screwed.

Now I can agree that Primes can be SIDEgrades, much like the helmet-style stats. Higher stats in one area, but less in another.

-Jin

I don't really get why people think it's such a horrible thing for prime frames to be better. What about the weapons? Not to be offensive, but come on. To me, that's like saying clantech weapons should be weaker but still require forma.

And for OP... You say you don't want to make them better, yet you're making them better. Also, unless it added an effect they liked, let's say energy siphon with rejuvenation (just made that up, I don't care if it makes sense), players will still use the mod they were already using.

I don't really get why people think it's such a horrible thing for prime frames to be better. What about the weapons? Not to be offensive, but come on. To me, that's like saying clantech weapons should be weaker but still require forma.

And for OP... You say you don't want to make them better, yet you're making them better. Also, unless it added an effect they liked, let's say energy siphon with rejuvenation (just made that up, I don't care if it makes sense), players will still use the mod they were already using.

I'm giving them a unique aura which the whole team benefits from. This is a coop game after all. I'm not a fan of the weapons being stronger than their normal counterparts either to be honest. But that's a different topic. 

-Jin

Primes aren't strong. Rhino Prime has a speed buff and Excalibur, who you can't get anymore< has a shield recharge buff. They just have an extra polarity and difference design is all really. And it should stay like that

Yeah, the only reason that the community has a problem with RhiPri is that the speed buff stacks with Vanguard, making him tied for fastest in the game. I personally feel that with his kit it actually makes sense for him to be that fast, since he seems to be intended to get into peoples faces. Without that stacking though, an 11% buff is not very large but it still makes the prime version more attractive to the player. I think similar buffs should be on all the primes.

Obligatory final statement: Frost needs a real prime. Literally all Frost Prime is is a new helmet, a recolor, and an extra polarity slot. All that was done to his texture was replacing non colorable white with gold. For comparison, a list of body changes:

Frost: Nothing

Excalibur:Significant texture changes

Mag: Significant texture changes and minor model additions

Ember: Significant texture changes and minor model changes

Rhino: Significant texture changes and moderate model changes (including spinny thing)

The quality change from Frost to Excalibur is enormous. Excalibur still loses all primeness with his Immortal skin, but at least he is more than just a head.